SP Native A Mod Long Forgotten

Users who are viewing this thread

YourStepDad said:
I must say some of your work is pretty grand. Quite possibly the best and most fitting redesign of Swadia yet!
Arsen47 said:
very entertaining mod. full of surprises  :lol:
VueChangZ said:
I really like this one. The balance is very well done in my opinion xD. Unlike other mods where they have oversized weapons and swing it very fast like its nothing...... I just 1 v 1 King Harleous but I don't mind lol. Do you think you can implement Diplomacy with "A Mod Long Forgotten"
Antifiriz said:
Absolutely great, I always wanted a good troop tree enchancement like this, and this is just something for my taste, balance, aesthetics, lore, everything seems almost perfect, great job :grin:
I have always had a weakness to not-completely-different-to-native mods, and this is something I was looking for a long time. The unique weapons system seems great too, but I never got one.

There is one point that really really really pisses me off though, new quests. Quests are great, I admit it, but that mead (wine) quest? It's impossible. And when you refuse these new quests, you immediately get -5 relation, and unfortunately every single lord gives me that quest. I am probably the most hated man in Calradia because I refuse to bring them some wine in.. like, 5 days? Now anytime before I talk with a lord, I press quicksave, and if he gives me that quest, I load back and try again... That's so frustrating. I lost the count of my rage quits because of this issue, because sometimes I forget to save and boom, 2 "real" hours lost.

However, this mod is so great that I can easily find power in me to besiege Shariz again after losing that progress. Would be great if you fix that though.

Keep up the great work sir, I got my eyes on this, and my beautiful army. :grin:

Oh the bandits, I forgot to praise you for the great work you have done on the bandits, as they are much more fun to fight, run down, slaughter or run away from.
And the mercenaries. And all the new content in the game.

The Old Realm was the name... A land long forgotten... It's origins shrouded  in mystery. Made by a blacksmith from a material unknown to man for centuries, taking about 10 months to finally complete, and then it was only available for the original Mount and Blade. However, since Warband raised from the horizon a few weeks later, the mod had to be redone. This time...polished...much better, much harder, much cooler and much more accurate. Based on the same principle, based on a true experience, based on the same source, based on the original Native comes...
The Oblivion

Featuring...

* Complete overhaul of every single item in the game. Based on their real-life counterparts, every weapon and armor piece had their stats revised, and finally polished by comparing every item with numerous others.
On top of that, around 500 new items have been added without exaggeration, as all the items are important and all have their uses. And as a result, all of the useless items have been removed.

* Complete overhaul of every single troop in the game. Every single one of them, even the peasants, have been rebuilt from scratch. Then, every other troop's stats have been used as a base and comparison when making new troops. As a result, you got more troops, more diversity, more specializations and more bloodshed.
All of the companions  are redone.
The Lords and Kings... well, let's just say that they use extremely rare or unique weapons/armor and usually are the strongest unit in their army.

* Dark Knight Invasion: After a few in game months, these guys invade the lands and start kicking everyone's ass. Even though theres only five of them, they have extremely powerful troops, and are murderously difficult to take down. Prepare yourself for intense epic-scale battles that will test all the skills and strategies you have to the limits. Will you find their weak point and just barely manage to achieve victory or will this land be swallowed by darkness like many others before it?

* Even so, the mod still keeps the original Native feeling, so it's a familiar land with familiar kingdoms at the peak of their power. All of the factions have been completely rebuilt from ground up. Having 3 seperate troop trees and much better organisation, the factions are more powerful than ever now.

Here is an example of the new swadian troop tree:

1) Regular troops.
These troops make up the most of any army. They're easy to recruit, relatively easy to train and not very expensive. Recruits are available at any friendly village and in case of swadians, can be trained into infantries, horsemen, and crossbowmen.
Regular troops have a level range of 5-30.

Swadian Recruit​
I​
Swadian Militia​
I​
Swadian Trained Militia​
/                            \​
Swadian Footman                Swadian Skirmisher​
I                                          I​
Swadian Regular Infantry              Swadian Regular Crossbowman​
/                      \                                            I         ​
Swadian Veteran Infantry    Swadian Horseman      Swadian Veteran Crossbowman​
          I                                          I                                                   ​
Swadian Professional Infantry              Swadian Herald                                             ​

2)Noble troops.
The second, more advanced troops available to be recruited from towns. In order to recruit these troops, you must have some nobility which means either you join a faction or be your own faction's leader. Then you can recruit these troops from a friendly town.
The noble troop tree has more powerful and advanced troops that are tied with nobility (Swadian Knight is here for example) and is completely seperate from the regular troops. Their levels range from 25-50 and as such, these soldiers are expensive, hard to train but in return are very powerful whem trained to max, and will make most of the soldiers for a really powerful army since the third troop tree's units are really rare and hard to come by.

Swadian Noble​
/                        \​
Swadian Sergeant                      Swadian Sharpshooter​
/                                \                                                           ​
Swadian Man at Arms            Swadian Baron                                                         ​
I                            /                        \                                     ​
Swadian Knight          Swadian Champion  Swadian Royal Guard                         ​
I                                                                                           ​
Swadian Knight Lord                                                                                               ​

3)Elite troops
Available only to faction leaders, these are the most powerful units a faction can produce. Using the best armor and weapons, with levels ranging from 50-60, these units rule the battlefield. They come already trained to max and can only be recruited from the capital towns of the factions once per week only by the monarch (or you, if you capture the capital town). However, if you manage to capture a non-capital town, you can build a special building in the town that lets you recruit them for yourself. There are three elite units for every faction, except for Rhodoks who have 2, and Dark Knights, who have 1. Considering the swadians, their elite units are:

Paladin - Clad in full plate armor and using only the finest weapons, the Paladin is capable of devastating any army with its unmatched skills with the sword and mount, and the superior quality of its equipment.

Gothic Knight - A walking tank armed with a long Greatsword, this troop is a threat to both mount and man, as the great reach of his sword alows him to bring down even a full armored knight to his knees.

Duke -  The swadian herald, this intimidating knight in red armor is even stronger than the paladin, as his choice of weapons which include hammers, warpicks and morningstar, combined with a lance, leave no one to be safe when a Duke charges on the battlefield.

Now lets compare some of the units.
The Swadian Noble is a mixed melee/ranged infantry unit and is as strong as a Swadian Veteran Infantry. The Sergeant if far above the Professional Infantries. Swadian Lords are stronger than the Swadian Knight, but weaker than the Paladin. Their level is around 50. And The King of Swadia is far above even the elites, using his very own weapon, and is level 60.

*Here are some details that I didn't want to say at the very begining:
*Horses:
The horses have been completely overhauled. Regarding the unarmored horses, there is less diversity in their stats as all of them are well...horses. And in this game horses are used only in warfare so here is what I have done:

Horse charge and weight increassed, it just makes more sense since horses normally are 300kg+

Saddle horse removed. The horse breeds now are:

The Hunter - standard speed and toughnes, good all around horse, slower than courser by 2 points, comes in 4 colors.

The Stallion - bulkier and stronger than the hunter, 1 point slower but much more durable, comes in 5 colors.

Steppe Horse - lighter and faster than the hunter, comes in 3 colors

The Courser - even more faster but much less resistant than most other horses, 5 colors

Arabian Horse - the smallest but most agile horse. Speed is like a hunter but maneuverability is unmatched, 3 colors.

Actualy there is a single lone saddle horse which replaces the old sumpter horse but it's much the same. 1 color, speed is like a stallion but has no riding requirement so it still has some use.

And considering the armored horses:

Horse charge is very powerful.
Speed is at least 2 less than that of a stallion.
Very expensive. The price is a stallion + 2*full mail armor or plate, depending on the horse.

All of them follow a steady increasse in armor and decreasse in speed and maneuverability with a few exceptions (Great Charger)

There are also very rare types of warhorses that do appear in the market like King's warhorse and King's charger, dragon charger and great charger which are even more armored but their cost is insane. But the chance to see them in the market is 85 to 95% lower than other horses.
As a matter of fact, armored horses are now 50% less abundant in the whole game.

*Armors
The weight difference in armor is very significant. Armor rating is much more diverse. There is also a clear treshold betwen leather, mail and plate armors. There is no way that the best ultimate leather armor can surpass even the ****tiest mail armor. However, the complete leather armor weighs less than a single pair of mail boots. Same story with mail being inferior to plate. Mail armors range from 45 to 60 (70 for mixed mail and plate armors) armor rating, and plate armor from 80 all the way to 100.
Armor also is much more effective at protecting the character. Rather than just decreasing damage, plate armor is able to completely negate weak and even medium blows which is more realistic and accurate, based on various scientific tests on the resistance of plate armor.

* Hundreds of little in game tweaks like:
Death Cam - Many battles will now continue even after the player is knocked out
Merchants have more money
Companions never leave the party
Spear Bracing and Shield Bashing (beta)
Formations and advanced morale system
More quests
Improved Looting system
Town/Castle/Village politics improved
Flexible Gameplay - new game settings
Character skills improved
Polished Landscapes (gutekfiutek)

Here are some screenshots:

Some map views

qBj7D4U.jpg

73modZU.jpg

Swadian Knight

Ln4Xu3W.jpg

r9L0CeO.jpg

CWW8Re9.jpg

rwFP1SV.jpg

One of the Swadian Lords

21wx8Dp.jpg

7abHREh.jpg

Swadian Champions

LLyFj80.jpg

Wqdu5Dm.jpg

Some more minor Swadian troops

eAavSKD.jpg

Vaegir Elite Units

Ruin Sentinel

cG24oMS.jpg

Dragonrider

BRqjWDP.jpg

zo5iEvP.jpg

Archdrake, the strongest Archer in game

Fp9JMWl.jpg

FbgMSlw.jpg

RcPk91V.jpg

Rhodok Elite Troops

i51XpkM.jpg

7ziDF0k.jpg

hG8mUC2.jpg

Some Elite Nord Warriors

hVFQAWf.jpg

av0BOMb.jpg

Rp4vLCj.jpg

FmxfZmp.jpg

INSTALATION NOTES

The mod comes with it's own game folder which is already optimized for this mod. After downloading, extract the game folder anywhere you want, and run the game from that launcher inside. This way you can keep your updated Warband version for other mods, since this mod uses the version 1.134 game folder. This mod potentialy can work on other versions but for me it doesn't. Another reason why it needs its game folder is because long ago, when I was making this mod just for myself, I edited some core game files and it is nearly impossible to undo the changes now. Using the mod outside it's game folder might make some items have the wrong textures or no texture at all. Also, the Polished Landscapes package might not have any collisions or not render correctly.

Contributors: Note, The aim of this mod is to be fun. I have played this game for years and I have been making this mod for myself for a long time. I do not own any of the names and armor textures included in this mod, all rights go to their respective owners. This mod was built from the foundations of the old .586 Native Expansion mod, so credits go to the original NE team for their .586 version features. Also, Credits to gutekfiutek for his polished Landscapes mod for warband.

The mod is available to be downloaded from here:
Version 1.8.5
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxc513vda7w2msr/Oblivion+1.8.5.rar

Haha, that member list was a blast from the past. Ah, the ole Native Expansion. Good times. Best of luck to you in this new initiative!

This sounds really interesting, a few preview pics would be nice of some of the exclusive weapons and such, *edit* so this is a re-working of native expansion? or an expansion of native expansion? :mrgreen:

Great Pictures, can't wait to see some more (my PC is really low on specs so I actually have to run this game on low settings, and I'm quite happy to see these beautiful images)

Hi,

how to install?

Because I can unpack it into own subfolder in "Modules" but it does not show up among installed mods in the launcher.

Rgds, Oldtimer

The mode requires warband 1.134 version. However, since I have also edited some of the core game files, The whole game folder with the mod is in the download link. So you don't extract the file to modules folder, instead, extract it anywhere you want and start the mod from that folder. It is very important to start it from this game folder, moving the mod OBLIVION into any other modules folder will make the mod not work correctly.

Sir Integra Hellsing said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi,

how to install?

Because I can unpack it into own subfolder in "Modules" but it does not show up among installed mods in the launcher.

Rgds, Oldtimer

The mode requires warband 1.134 version. However, sinc I have also edited some of the core game files, The whole game folder with the mod is in the download link. So you don't extract the file to modules folder, instead, extract it anywhere you want and start the mod from that folder. It is very important to start it from this game folder, moving the mod OBLIVION into any other modules folder will make the mod not work correctly.

Hi,

THX for your attn. Any plans to update it for latest Warband ver.? That`s what I play.

Rgds, Oldtimer

The mode requires warband 1.134 version. However, sinc I have also edited some of the core game files, The whole game folder with the mod is in the download link. So you don't extract the file to modules folder, instead, extract it anywhere you want and start the mod from that folder. It is very important to start it from this game folder, moving the mod OBLIVION into any other modules folder will make the mod not work correctly.
You can stick it in the modules folder which is the obvious place to put it providing you start the mod with it's own launcher inside the Oblivion folder it doesn't interfere with anything else, I'm running 1.158 version of WB and your mod works fine, so what you're saying if this can run from anywhere it's essentially a stand alone version of WB....... :???:

Oldtimer said:
Hi,

how to install?

Rgds, Oldtimer

What's so important with running it strictly on 1.134 version?

Hi,

THX for your attn. Any plans to update it for latest Warband ver.? That`s what I play.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Unfortunately no, I had a lot of issues trying to even get the mod working on any other verison. Maybe it's just my computer being too old.

Singlefile said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi,

how to install?

Rgds, Oldtimer

What's so important with running it strictly on 1.134 version?

I wasn't able to play full 5 minutes of the game on any other version on my pc, but if you really want you can copy the module into your folder. But the 1.134 version game folder is included in the download and it's because I have edited some of the core game files while making the mod. That was long ago when I was making the mod only for myself and right now it is impossible to undo the changes. Using the mod outside this gamefolder might actualy work, but I doubt that the polished landscapes will have collisions or the right textures

nads said:
You can stick it in the modules folder which is the obvious place to put it providing you start the mod with it's own launcher inside the Oblivion folder it doesn't interfere with anything else, I'm running 1.158 version of WB and your mod works fine, so what you're saying if this can run from anywhere it's essentially a stand alone version of WB....... :???:

Well, kind of. The mod Can actually work outside it's gamefolder but I'm concerned that some items will have the wrong textures or no texture at all, and also the polished landscapes might not render correctly since they also required some core game files editing.

Well, I've been trying out this mod for a few days, and my view of it seems to be that it's highly based on late game, and on controlling your troops more than actually participating in the fight yourself, which I suppose is fine if you're trying to take it in a more RTS direction rather then the mixture of action and RTS the base game is.

I say these things mainly because basic early rank troops are easily killed by even the lowest tier bandit party, the Outlaws, since there is no presence of looters. During the course of my playing, I found I had to outnumber said parties with recruits by 3:1 ratios, and constantly restock because of the high level of casualties after each battle. The ones that survived to become veteran or professional level do a lot better, but their pay rate skyrockets to above 30 denars each per week, and that's the non-cav troops.

After amassing a party of veteran troops, I decided to try my hand at mercing...and promptly discovered that against any enemy troops at veteran or above, my weapons would harmlessly bounce off them, even when using high damage, piercing weapons like morningstars or arming battle axes, with 16 strength at 5 powerstrike. On the other hand, my 60 body armor chainmail seemed to act like mere aluminum foil, providing little defense against their strikes, which hammered me for 30 damage each, at 1/4 damage levels. This was Sarranid infantry versus Rhodok infantry by the way, my veterans easily getting slaughtered by their regular and veteran level troops.

Conclusion: The amount of items and variety of troops is certainly impressive, and I can see how an RTS player would enjoy playing this type of mod, but the early/mid-game balance without your elite troops, and your own inability to deal damage at the same level as even village-recruits, as well as the exponential growth of defense in body armor compared to weaponry, ends up making this a tough slog to get into, even compared to games like Prophecy of Pendor which highly emphasize late game play and elite troops.

Well, that's my two cents anyways.

Edit: I should mention that the armor I was wearing and the armor my opponents were wearing were both mail, so that people don't think I'm complaining about not being able to hurt enemies in full plate while I'm wearing only leather and taking heavy damage. Maybe Sarranid mail is twice as effective as Rhodok mail, which still seems pretty unbalanced, and I would think morningstars with pierce damage would at least be able to do more then single digit damage against people in mail.

Back
Top Bottom