a mod doesn't show in launcher

Users who are viewing this thread

i download a mod from moddb and it doesn't show in launcher. i try to refresh my file explorer and same. i also try to move another mod outside module folder and when i open the launcher that mod i moved gone from launcher's list. so only the new downloaded mod that doesn't show up in the launcher

The mod needs to be a folder under folder "Modules". Let's imagine the mod you wanted to run was called "newmod".
Then there should be a subfolder at Modules called newmod. Now go to that folder and look inside. You should see 29 or so text files and folders Resource, SceneObj, Sounds, Music, Textures. If you instead see ANOTHER folder newmod, that is the issue. Everything got extracted one folder too deep. Cut the subfolder newmod from inside folder newmod, go up one level to Modules, PASTE and now the contents are where Mount&Blade Warband can find them.

The mod needs to be a folder under folder "Modules". Let's imagine the mod you wanted to run was called "newmod".
Then there should be a subfolder at Modules called newmod. Now go to that folder and look inside. You should see 29 or so text files and folders Resource, SceneObj, Sounds, Music, Textures. If you instead see ANOTHER folder newmod, that is the issue. Everything got extracted one folder too deep. Cut the subfolder newmod from inside folder newmod, go up one level to Modules, PASTE and now the contents are where Mount&Blade Warband can find them.
the mod doesn't have any duplicated name submod in it. the folder already go with everything a module have without newmod\newmod\content

the mod doesn't have any duplicated name submod in it. the folder already go with everything a module have without newmod\newmod\content
In that case Warband looks for a module.ini file in among the .txt files and without seeing that immediately in the folder underneath Modules it stops scanning and moves on to the next folder under Modules. I don't know what else may be missing.

In that case Warband looks for a module.ini file in among the .txt files and without seeing that immediately in the folder underneath Modules it stops scanning and moves on to the next folder under Modules. I don't know what else may be missing.
i see, i try to delete the mod folder and re-copy the folder and now it's work, maybe there's something missing before since i use cut-copy not copy-paste

The launcher supports a certain number of mods; maybe you have too many and new ones do not show up anymore.
So it has some limit I see. But well the problem is in the mod folder. I use cut-move and probably in the process something happen since I leave it alone back then, so I do a copy-paste this time and the mod show and launched normally

Back
Top Bottom