A Misguided Year in and Need Some Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Phantom Lamb

Recruit
WBVC
I'm currently in no faction on day 430, I have 5 workshops + 7 caravans, netting around 3-4k per day with 200k in the bank and an army of around 130 (30 infantry/archers/horsemen/horse archers respectively.) I'm trying to court Arwa but need to raise my charm with my primary skills being trade, leadership, and medicine.

My question; what the heck do I do now? I've read all the Steam guides explaining how to gain my first castle but then read that this is stupid and I should join a faction and revolt. I know this is a broad question but I'm trying to determine if I need to hunker down and raise a larger army, join a faction and gain reputation, or try to strike out on my own right now. The map isn't dominated by any specific faction and still fairly standard.

Appreciate the help and let me know if you need further details from me.

Thanks,

Ananda_The_Destroyer

Master Knight
If you haven't played bannerlord before you should certainly join a faction and focus on learning to defeat much larger forces and building wealth and only later consider breaking off and starting you own faction. Basically being vassals first is intended route and the way you can learn the game.

I'm trying to court Arwa but need to raise my charm
You don't and even if you do it will only help a tiny bit so you will still have re-load and try the dialogue to marry her multiple times. If you are playing on ironman mode you need be less picky and arrange a marriage by talking to a clan leader, any young woman of the culture you want you kids to be is good enough!

Basically the question of should you start out on your own comes down to can you beat down an entire faction yourself? Not all at once, but can you beat larger parties and small armies? Can win with little or no losses of troops and go on and on the many more battles? Can you siege a town yourself?
If the answer isn't "Of course I can" then you should be a vassal take the game more slowly in the intended route.

Phantom Lamb

Recruit
WBVC
If you haven't played bannerlord before you should certainly join a faction and focus on learning to defeat much larger forces and building wealth and only later consider breaking off and starting you own faction. Basically being vassals first is intended route and the way you can learn the game.

You don't and even if you do it will only help a tiny bit so you will still have re-load and try the dialogue to marry her multiple times. If you are playing on ironman mode you need be less picky and arrange a marriage by talking to a clan leader, any young woman of the culture you want you kids to be is good enough!

Basically the question of should you start out on your own comes down to can you beat down an entire faction yourself? Not all at once, but can you beat larger parties and small armies? Can win with little or no losses of troops and go on and on the many more battles? Can you siege a town yourself?
If the answer isn't "Of course I can" then you should be a vassal take the game more slowly in the intended route.
Thanks. For background, I've played Warband for years but always on Multiplayer.

I've tried restarting and I get to the last question in the chain with 13% success and continue to fail. I'm playing on hard (I think that's the mode where you can still save) but will talk to clan leader.

Regarding the last point, that's what I figured. Most of my workshops are in Aserai and Sturgia so will probably team up with Aserai due to trade bonus. Is it too late in the game for me to right-the-ship or should I start over? First step I need to fix is get my brother back into my party as he is running a caravan for me right now, but need to go track him down.

Thanks,

Ananda_The_Destroyer

Master Knight
Thanks. For background, I've played Warband for years but always on Multiplayer.

I've tried restarting and I get to the last question in the chain with 13% success and continue to fail. I'm playing on hard (I think that's the mode where you can still save) but will talk to clan leader.

Regarding the last point, that's what I figured. Most of my workshops are in Aserai and Sturgia so will probably team up with Aserai due to trade bonus. Is it too late in the game for me to right-the-ship or should I start over? First step I need to fix is get my brother back into my party as he is running a caravan for me right now, but need to go track him down.

Thanks,
You don't need to start over, everything's fine.

probably team up with Aserai due to trade bonus.

Keep in mind the culture bonus applies to what you chose in character creation, so joining a faction won't change it. A good idea as a vassal is to join a faction that fight against the faction of the culture you chose, so that you might get fiefs that match your culture, making it easier to maintain loyalty.

Top Bottom