A message to the devs

Users who are viewing this thread

That was my intention. Probably could have phrased it a bit better myself. I simply can't understand why there are so many people around the forum, that seem to believe the game was announced to be feature complete upon EA release.
lol, sorry couldn't tell. Just wanted to be clear as well :smile:

We will be sharing more information about upcoming updates with blogs (or something similar).

To give you some rough idea though without trying to ruin too much of the surprise, we have some updates coming to multiplayer that I am personally very excited about and that I feel will be a great boost to the clan scene.

Over in SP, we have some nice UX and UI improvements that should really improve the flow of the gameplay. There's also changes to the character development system, some new perks, new quests, as well as, tons of other changes, updates and performance improvements.
I wish MP would not have time spent on it until SP is 110% finished.
Is UX user experience? I'm looking forward to character development changes and I deeply hope I can gain the ability to CONTROL my vassals campaign activities in a useful way SOON. It's just bonkers that in late game it's easier to not have any vassals then to have them.

When? Where? Please support this statement.

EDIT - I see you added it on;

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

Please highlight the area you believe is lying to you?

All these pathetic troll attempts and whiny refund threads water down the actual genuine criticism and feedback that many players provide. Stop acting like a victim because an EA game is unfinished. If you want to provide actual feedback or genuine crtique go ahead - but this is just spam...
Seriously... you need this explaining to you? I look forward to the day when I won't be disappointed by the intelligence and common sense of people on the internet. I explained it clearly in that thread.

"While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues"

Very much stable? May encounter some obscure bugs? This was an outright falsehood. It was not stable and it was was full of missing content and game-breaking bugs. It was so bad they have to REWRITE THE CODE. Do you even understand how bad things must have been to rewrite the code?

Anyway, I see it's pointless entering into an intelligent debate with you as you have zero interest in doing so like many of the blinkered and overly defensive defenders of TW on the forum.

Seriously... you need this explaining to you? I look forward to the day when I won't be disappointed by the intelligence and common sense of people on the internet. I explained it clearly in that thread.

"While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues"

Very much stable? May encounter some obscure bugs? This was an outright falsehood. It was not stable and it was was full of missing content and game-breaking bugs. It was so bad they have to REWRITE THE CODE. Do you even understand how bad things must have been to rewrite the code?

Anyway, I see it's pointless entering into an intelligent debate with you as you have zero interest in doing so like many of the blinkered and overly defensive defenders of TW on the forum.

That was referring to bugs not content. Content was very specifically laid out further below so yes obscure bugs. Now from my SP experiences I have encountered perks not working (which is content based really) and a couple of small issues with quests. My SP experience has been very stable. If yours hasn't please provide bug reports and examples? What are these game breaking bugs you are having?

As for MP the servers have been an issue but that's mp for you. I didn't expect for it to be flawless throughout production. But they have improved significantly.

As for code - that does not fix bugs; that's not the point. What that does is optimise the functions and processes already in game. As Callum said - there may be no effect we see in our side. However it makes further work on the game easier for the devs. It's a shame it had to happen but it's good they were willing to do it.

Again it's very common. Just usually not stated. I work for a logistics software company. We do it literally all the time...

You are trying to add 2+2 and coming out with 5. The statement was very clear. Now if you want to critique game elements or design decisions - sure but your self victimisation is pathetic. You managed to write three paragraphs without offering a single example aside from the code... which you just proved you dont understand...

So please stop insulting people... especially when you know nothing about what you are arguing...

Last edited:
As for code - that does not fix bugs; that's not the point. What that does is optimise the functions and processes already in game.

This is something a lot of people don't understand about the code refactor. The code refactor isn't the reason you will see a ton of new content. The devs are working on new content, but in the meantime also optimizing existing code already in the game while also not try and break things by renaming something completely different that would be used somewhere else for example.

TW code refactor isn't the reason its taking weeks for a new patch, TW just decided they would work towards a big patch, as shown by earlier comments from devs that some features are ready, but they want to release it all in one big patch

This is something a lot of people don't understand about the code refactor. The code refactor isn't the reason you will see a ton of new content. The devs are working on new content, but in the meantime also optimizing existing code already in the game while also not try and break things by renaming something completely different that would be used somewhere else for example.

TW code refactor isn't the reason its taking weeks for a new patch, TW just decided they would work towards a big patch, as shown by earlier comments from devs that some features are ready, but they want to release it all in one big patch

Indeed - they have been building content for awhile for this big release. I'm not sure I agree with that method from a PR point of view; one or two changes/fixes a week I think would keep people happier. But we are where we are. I just hope it is a pleasing as they all keep suggesting :grin:

They tell you that you should expect to run into bugs and issues, and your conclusion is that the game is basically free from bugs. And you call that an intelligent debate. It's not.

PS
By the way, I'd say that 'obscure' is a strange choice to describe the bugs present in game. I don't know what they wanted to say with it exactly. There are several definitions for the word, none of them say that it's something minor or rare though.

Last edited:
I interpreted it as strange or bizarre. Like when I got to watch 30-40 defending troops in a siege lemming off the wall to their deaths in the middle of a siege. That was very early on though. Haven't seen that in a few months.

They tell you that you should expect to run into bugs and issues, and your conclusion is that the game is basically free from bugs. And you call that an intelligent debate. It's not.

PS
By the way, I'd say that 'obscure' is a strange choice to describe the bugs present in game. I don't know what they wanted to say with it exactly. There are several definitions for the word, none of them say that it's something minor or rare though.
I presume they meant bugs which were either non consistent or possibly ones which will not affect the majority of playthroughs. I guess it is worth considering that for the majority of the Bannerlord development team English is a second language.

Yes a little odd agreed but far from 'lying'. The missing features list was accurate (apart from weapon smithing which actually was in the game). There were hundreds of game-play videos for SP and a full MP beta. I must have seen the entire game before ever booting it up.

I'd agree in principle that development since launch has been lacklustre in certain areas; and some design decisions are controversial but I can't say with any degree of honesty that people were lied to... It's just a completely irrelevant path to follow.

It is seriously that hard for someone who doesn't know what refactoring code means to google it up?

Here u go lads:

"In computer programming and software design, code refactoring is the process of restructuring existing computer code—changing the factoring—without changing its external behavior. Refactoring is intended to improve the design, structure, and/or implementation of the software (its non-functional attributes), while preserving its functionality. Potential advantages of refactoring may include improved code readability and reduced complexity; these can improve the source code's maintainability and create a simpler, cleaner, or more expressive internal architecture or object model to improve extensibility. Another potential goal for refactoring is improved performance; software engineers face an ongoing challenge to write programs that perform faster or use less memory. "

My point is that in many cases rewriting legacy code is part of refactoring code so i have no idea why you attack others about that part. And I am talking from experience. And I am not saying that they shouldnt refactor code as I know how difficult it is to work with code that isnt well maintained and badly written.

My point is that in many cases rewriting legacy code is part of refactoring code so i have no idea why you attack others about that part. And I am talking from experience. And I am not saying that they shouldnt refactor code as I know how difficult it is to work with code that isnt well maintained and badly written.

Right, my point was that it looks a little silly to say that it is outrageous that they are rewriting code. You can't develop a game without rewriting code.

I also somewhat doubt that there is a whole lot, if any, legacy code in a game that isn't out of Early Access yet. They are probably changing their software architecture to make it easier for them to make further changes. Which is an unfortunate but relatively common thing to do when you are developing a new product, which I am sure you know if you have experience in software development. Good on them for actually doing it, instead of trying over and over to make do with a broken system.

Hey Look it I have been a bit toxic in the Past too recently infact even and I just want to say that I dont hate you guys I just wanted to know what was up But after being on these forums i see alot of the Negativity you guys are receiving and I honestly feel bad I know you guys are working hard and There's a bit of a content drought right now but there's Many new things to come i know that and Idk im just kinda rambling but i want to say sorry and keep up the good work I do at the end of the day have confidence you guys will deliver a great game and In-fact its pretty good now for whats being offered.

kudos to you. More people need to be like this.

Back
Top Bottom