SP - General a mercenary section in the kingdom tab pls

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr-Bandit

Recruit
i would like a way to hire merc clans without having to run around the world chasing them, i would suggest that at the moment that as only the king is allowed to hire mercs that the king have a special section on the kingdom tab relating to the type, strength, and location of merc clans, and most importantly a 'summon representative' button that would call someone from the merc clan to meet you in regards to hiring.

there would be a delay in response proportional to the distance the merc clan head is from the king, and a max-distance so mercs from the other side of the world can't even be called, and perhaps different prices regarding what actions you are contracting them to take. raiding would be cheaper because they get loot worth money from doing that, joining an army could mean loot so not as expensive as, say, a contract to patrol friendly lands near hostile neighbours, which would yield no loot for them and thus be a more expensive option.

perhaps the option to spend influence to get a gold-discount should be included too (gotta spend it somewhere...)

Why you would like to hire mercenary clans?
They are dishonorable and disloyal.

I currently have a campaign without any mercenary clans(Killed them with the console) and the game is so much better without them.

+ 1 agree!

perhaps different prices regarding what actions you are contracting them to take. raiding would be cheaper because they get loot worth money from doing that, joining an army could mean loot so not as expensive as, say, a contract to patrol friendly lands near hostile neighbours, which would yield no loot for them and thus be a more expensive option.
A logic taken from the context of BL rather than real life. But I think the pricing is wrong anyway. Loot is the "cream and butter" - the bonus. The risks you put their troops in should be the major factor for pricing. Army should be the most expensive option :smile:

I thought mercenaries had only one job and that is to serve landless kings who fight guerrilla warfare. What does he even pay them?

I thought mercenaries had only one job and that is to serve landless kings who fight guerrilla warfare. What does he even pay them?
Influence, I assume. Tastes great, I have heard...
Or like a mercenary player - he payes them for victories...! Which is quite few for such kings...

+1

This is a major advantage to AI factions, quite the oversight from TW's game designers. They can currently hire mercs at any point in time, while the player has to chase them down & speak to them manually - there's just no time for that if you're managing a large faction and constantly at war on multiple fronts. This has a major impact on the late game balance. Personally, I had to step down as king of Vlandia because we were constantly outnumbered, I let the AI take over and they immediately started hiring mercs which helped the situation.

Player should be able to hire mercs, or bring new clans into their faction from a menu or messenger service, so they're on the same level playing field with the AI.

Influence, I assume. Tastes great, I have heard...
Or like a mercenary player - he payes them for victories...! Which is quite few for such kings...
Mercenaries get paid by converting the influence they have into money, i.e they are supposed to get paid for every victory, even against looters.

Back
Top Bottom