A little request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it Possible that you dev. team could change the variations of weapons for new recruits ?? this is mainly for Danish recruits, i have not try other nations yet :smile:

Every new recruits have those slings and a little seax, i would like to see more variation of weapons in their hands, not heavy elite weapons, but simpel low level 'weapons'

-Tool axes, like those they build with, cutting wood and every day axes.
-Seax's, not only just the small one, but a also Long Seax's.
-Hunting Bows (they did hunt you know :wink: ) those should not be that often, but sometimes.
-Also the slingshot, but not that often as it is now.

This would be a great variation and realistic. :smile:

If you don't wanna change it, is there anyway i can do it my self ?? in a config or something. i dont know if this troopeditor works with the DLC.

Best regards
Dennis

Dennis The Great said:
If you don't wanna change it, is there anyway i can do it my self ?? in a config or something. i dont know if this troopeditor works with the DLC.

Make a backup of troops.txt. Use Morgh's editor (or whatever) to edit the recruits inventory. If this breaks the game (formatting or something) then switch back to the old file, then manually copy and paste the recruit entries from your edited file over the ones in the old file. 

Worked for me in Caribbean at least.

HolmgårdViking said:
I agree on all points except giving them longseaxe.
The longseaxe was a costly item and was worn by higher class.

I agree.. not the Longseax's...

But spears, the one of the cheapest weapons vikings had.. so yea they should get spears too :smile:

Dennis The Great said:
-Hunting Bows (they did hunt you know :wink: ) those should not be that often, but sometimes.

Yes, there are possibly too many slingers in VC. The tool axes would be weapons of choice in the hands of peasants and bandits. There are actually a langseax in the game, it has a Petersen’s type C hilt.

The thirty six bows found in the Danish bogs of Nydam are from 170 to 185 centimeters length, and they are almost all made from yew wood in a D section. As the ones from Thorsbjerg, they are dated in the third century and almost identical to the Viking Age ones, like the published by Andrew Halpin in ‘Weapons and warfare in Viking and Medieval Dublin’. The longbows were also used for hunting, I don't know archaeological examples shorter than 1.5 m, an their length seems to be related with the height and strength of the user, rather with a difference in their use.

Yeyo said:
Dennis The Great said:

Yes, there are possibly too many slingers in VC. The tool axes would be weapons of choice in the hands of peasants and bandits. There are actually a langseax in the game, it has a Petersen’s type C hilt.

The thirty six bows found in the Danish bogs of Nydam are from 170 to 185 centimeters length, and they are almost all made from yew wood in a D section. As the ones from Thorsbjerg, they are dated in the third century and almost identical to the Viking Age ones, like the published by Andrew Halpin in ‘Weapons and warfare in Viking and Medieval Dublin’. The longbows were also used for hunting, I don't know archaeological examples shorter than 1.5 m, an their length seems to be related with the height and strength of the user, rather with a difference in their use.

Thank you, i was only trying to point out that recruits should have bows :smile: hunting/Longbows.. i know they used Longbows for hunting, i was just trying to explain that it shouldnt be elite archers, thats why i called it huntingbow :smile:

I hope that the ingame bows would change size in the future, right now they look like thin sticks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom