SP - General A.I. ignores castles and citys under siege (doesn't defend) and goes for enemy castles

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm playing on beta. Since 1.4 A.I. never goes after enemy armies and simply ignores castles or citys under siege. And goes for enemy settlements to siege. We go between same 2 castles for 3 months. Also, instead of taking castles in our border we siege castles far from our border. It annoys me! Does anyone have the same issue or its some dumb behavior on my save?

P.S.: Sorry for bad English. I don't have proper education on subject so I hope that I was able to explain myself.

When two Faction Field Armies meet and then pretends they never saw the other.
trBNJ.png
Tlu0G.png

Last edited:
I'm playing on beta. Since 1.4 A.I. never goes after enemy armies and simply ignores castles or citys under siege. And goes for enemy settlements to siege. We go between same 2 castles for 3 months. Also, instead of taking castles in our border we siege castles far from our border. It annoys me! Does anyone have the same issue or its some dumb behavior on my save?

P.S.: Sorry for bad English. I don't have proper education on subject so I hope that I was able to explain myself.

Same here.

In 1.3, I saw that the AIs were more consistently go on defend. I even saw lords forming a new army with defend as the first objective or turned around to defend while on their way to siege an enemy fief. Now, it seems they won't defend unless they literally have nothing else to do. If they have an objective already (mostly siege offense), they won't change objective.

Same here.

In 1.3, I saw that the AIs were more consistently go on defend. I even saw lords forming a new army with defend as the first objective or turned around to defend while on their way to siege an enemy fief. Now, it seems they won't defend unless they literally have nothing else to do. If they have an objective already (mostly siege offense), they won't change objective.
Or, they'll cancel their current siege just before finishing their battering ram (because who needs siege towers and onagers), to go defend a city that's been under siege for days. Of course they make it just in time to watch the city fall, then turn around and go back to restart the other siege they abandoned, instead of trouncing the enemy army now weakened by it's own siege battle. The cherry on top is when that ally army gets back to restart their siege, then gets double teamed by the army they didnt destroy and another army led by monchung.

... but I'm not bitter.

This is indeed an important issue that I really hope will hopefully get addressed, how do AI armies prioritize their objectives and react to local threats.

Back
Top Bottom