A good place to start my kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

janjanxtreme

Sergeant
??  I currently have a max party of 130... right to rules of 50 , honor of 40, renown of 450. I have all companions with good gear...

So yeah where is a good place to start my kingdom? I know In the edge is a good idea but if you have more suggestions pls help :smile:

Depends. I always choose Swadia and Tevarin. Swadia is usually weak so aren't as strong fighting back as the other faction. However they are weak for a reason, exposed to all the other factions and are in constant war.

Other factions are stronger and it depends on your play style and what troops you like. I.e Remember massive morale penalty for Swadian troops if you attack Swadia.

Khergit: Hard in a pitched battle but much easier to defend against in siege.
Nords: Hard in siege. Solid foot soldiers. But if you have mobile archery army you'll own them in pitched. Just don't let them siege.
Rhodoks: Always own me. Their crossbows are just horrible in any battle and they defend their territory well.
Vaegirs: Never actually taken them on. But once you close the gap they are weak. So sallying forth in a siege I'm guessing beats them.
Saranid: Territory filled with those damn Black Horsemen :razz:! I always avoid this area because you have to deal with these bandits and armies. On the bright side they kinda work as a patrol for other factions armies but eat your trade as a cost.

Edit: Oh and your villages are going to be in constant raid and ruin. Deal with it :wink:. Nothing you can do.

If you don't mind pissing off the Nords, Wercheg is a decent starting location for a kingdom. The town is in a bottleneck on the coast and the fiefs are easier to defend than most other places. But who knows? maybe in your play though Wercheg in is the possession of another faction.

SergeantEpson said:
Depends. I always choose Swadia and Tevarin. Swadia is usually weak so aren't as strong fighting back as the other faction. However they are weak for a reason, exposed to all the other factions and are in constant war.

Other factions are stronger and it depends on your play style and what troops you like. I.e Remember massive morale penalty for Swadian troops if you attack Swadia.

Khergit: Hard in a pitched battle but much easier to defend against in siege.
Nords: Hard in siege. Solid foot soldiers. But if you have mobile archery army you'll own them in pitched. Just don't let them siege.
Rhodoks: Always own me. Their crossbows are just horrible in any battle and they defend their territory well.
Vaegirs: Never actually taken them on. But once you close the gap they are weak. So sallying forth in a siege I'm guessing beats them.
Saranid: Territory filled with those damn Black Horsemen :razz:! I always avoid this area because you have to deal with these bandits and armies. On the bright side they kinda work as a patrol for other factions armies but eat your trade as a cost.

Edit: Oh and your villages are going to be in constant raid and ruin. Deal with it :wink:. Nothing you can do.

This is just so helpful thanks !

Muglos said:
If you don't mind pissing off the Nords, Wercheg is a decent starting location for a kingdom. The town is in a bottleneck on the coast and the fiefs are easier to defend than most other places. But who knows? maybe in your play though Wercheg in is the possession of another faction.

Hmm... that is a good place to start but in my current game it is taken by Swadia. O.O 

And I don't wanna start a war with them XD

janjanxtreme said:
Muglos said:

Hmm... that is a good place to start but in my current game it is taken by Swadia. O.O 

And I don't wanna start a war with them XD

Swadia took Wercheg in your game? That's impressive. They seem to stagnant and flounder in all of my games as they're always fighting on multiple fronts.

I usually just pick a castle that's recently been taken over. If the castle has like 30 defenders... I usually can just ask them to leave without a fight, so I have enough healthy troops to defend against the counter attack. As for faction, I usually pick the faction I want to take over first, usually based on whose troops I want to use the most in later game. For example, if I wanna use Khergit troops later on, I start my kingdom in Khergit territory. I'll be at war with the Khergits most of the time, but after I conquer them, which could take months of course, I'll be able to use their troops without any morale issues.

Back
Top Bottom