A glorious wedding ceremony in a large Gothic Cathedral/Temple for Vlandia

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Taleworlds Developers,

I have been thinking about this for a long while. What will the wedding ceremonies be like and will it take place in a different place like a Gothic chapel/church/temple/cathedral? I was thinking it could be like the scene from Medieval 2 Total War:

Depending on how much the player gives for the dowry, it would go towards how large the ceremony will be like. So if it's a small dowry, it would be in a chapel, with only friends and family there to witness it.(10K-25K) If it's a royal ceremony (700K-1.5 mil+), it would be in a large cathedral. If it's a noble ceremony, it would be a church/temple (100K-500K). The list goes on with the amount of variations, depending how much is given for each. It would also be awesome to see wedding feasts and dancing in this event. Feasts in general, I know for sure will be added eventually. I personally cannot wait for the full release of the game itself.
Please let me know what you think!!! I'd really love for that between my character, Henry and my fair Liena of Vlandia.

As for other cultures, like the Imperials, Sturgia, the Khuzaits, the Battanians and the Aserai, they would also have their culturally compatible type of marriage, like ancient Roman weddings for all Imperial factions, etc etc. All would have it's own sacred place, for the Imperials, it would be an ancient Roman Temple. I am thinking for Battanians, since they are inspired from the Celtic/Germanic/Irish tribes of old, their types of places for weddings would be in the forest. The Sturgians at a great hall. A Daenerys-styled marriage for Khuzaits. (Game of thrones kind I guess except no making love under stars, instead maybe sacred Mongol type dancing). And a silk tent marriage for Aserai.

Last edited:
Given the low presence of any church-based religions in Calradia, vlandian marriages would likely take place in in the great hall of the castle rather than a cathedral. That said, there should definitely be a marriage ceremony. Better yet if they were culturally different.

Dear Taleworlds Developers,

I have been thinking about this for a long while. What will the wedding ceremonies be like and will it take place in a different place like a Gothic chapel/church/temple/cathedral? I was thinking it could be like the scene from Medieval 2 Total War:

Depending on how much the player gives for the dowry, it would go towards how large the ceremony will be like. So if it's a small dowry, it would be in a chapel, with only friends and family there to witness it.(10K-25K) If it's a royal ceremony (700K-1.5 mil+), it would be in a large cathedral. If it's a noble ceremony, it would be a church/temple (100K-500K). The list goes on with the amount of variations, depending how much is given for each. It would also be awesome to see wedding feasts and dancing in this event. Feasts in general, I know for sure will be added eventually. I personally cannot wait for the full release of the game itself.
Please let me know what you think!!! I'd really love for that between my character, Henry and my fair Liena of Vlandia.

As for other cultures, like the Imperials, Sturgia, the Khuzaits, the Battanians and the Aserai, they would also have their culturally compatible type of marriage, like ancient Roman weddings for all Imperial factions, etc etc. All would have it's own sacred place, for the Imperials, it would be an ancient Roman Temple. I am thinking for Battanians, since they are inspired from the Celtic/Germanic/Irish tribes of old, their types of places for weddings would be in the forest. The Sturgians at a great hall. A Daenerys-styled marriage for Khuzaits. (Game of thrones kind I guess except no making love under stars, instead maybe sacred Mongol type dancing). And a silk tent marriage for Aserai.

Thank you for the heavy nostalgia hit!

Spending more money could give some army morale buff or relation improvement with other nobles and notables. Then of course, you could also have a feast etc.

Allow me to point out that a gothic cathedral would by anywhere from 100 to 400 years too early given the rough timeframe Bannerlord is set it/inspired by. Afaik, this architectural style simply did not exist at that time. (Or was only about to become a thing)

Allow me to point out that a gothic cathedral would by anywhere from 100 to 400 years too early given the rough timeframe Bannerlord is set it/inspired by. Afaik, this architectural style simply did not exist at that time. (Or was only about to become a thing)
Than I'd say mods will bring this alive. We will surely have historical medieval mods during those times for sure.

They already need to make a lot of maps so the Region System works on the campaign map, I doubt they would pour so much work for so little...

The ceremony taking place in the great hall of a settlement sounds more doable and in line with how Warband portrayed weddings.

They already need to make a lot of maps so the Region System works on the campaign map, I doubt they would pour so much work for so little...

The ceremony taking place in the great hall of a settlement sounds more doable and in line with how Warband portrayed weddings.
Well who knows, maybe 200 years before Warband, wedding ceremonies were different? You never know tbh.

That is fair, but I still think it would be too much work relative to the result.
That's why I said, mods will bring Cathedral like weddings instead. I know it's possible. As for regular weddings prior to native, if devs think it's too much work, I understand if they just make wedding ceremonies in the great hall of each different city of each different culture.

The style doesn't exist until 12th or 13th Century. But that's not the point of the disccusion, no offend.

I don't like the discussions for the historical accuracy, because 50% of the game isn't accurate (not their target) and will never be despite my hopes.

But seeing a ton of great suggestions that are not declined but never seen by the devs is sad. Yes, the dev ideas for the end product may be different and we really don't know their view and point (none to minimal communication, road map, etc.). Don't know the potential, capabilities and limitations of the engine and the coding abilty to implement some things. Because in the current state the "sand box" thing is just a 2D drawing of a square on a paper with little sand and dirth.

I suppose that we love the game too much and see its potential, and they don't deserve that.

The style doesn't exist until 12th or 13th Century. But that's not the point of the disccusion, no offend.

I don't like the discussions for the historical accuracy, because 50% of the game isn't accurate (not their target) and will never be despite my hopes.

But seeing a ton of great suggestions that are not declined but never seen by the devs is sad. Yes, the dev ideas for the end product may be different and we really don't know their view and point (none to minimal communication, road map, etc.). Don't know the potential, capabilities and limitations of the engine and the coding abilty to implement some things. Because in the current state the "sand box" thing is just a 2D drawing of a square on a paper with little sand and dirth.

I suppose that we love the game too much and see its potential, and they don't deserve that.
The thing is I already love the game so much and I am looking forward to so many mods. The limit of the engine definitely extends out more than the warband one. I think the devs have worked so hard to deserve such praise. They did spend 10 years working on it after all.

Wedding ceremony? we already have one, its called a pop up notification. Be happy with what we've got! you ungrateful peasant! TW worked hard to implement this!

Seriously though, this would be neat. We need more cut scenes, these notifications ain't cutting it chief.

Wedding ceremony? we already have one, its called a pop up notification. Be happy with what we've got! you ungrateful peasant! TW worked hard to implement this!

Seriously though, this would be neat. We need more cut scenes, these notifications ain't cutting it chief.
Lel. Glad you agree and funny joke.

Back
Top Bottom