A Glimpse at Version 3 Faction Changes/New Combat Abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Munx said:
Im so glad your adding these kind of effects, will make the gameplay so much more intresting :smile:

well depends does it use only the corpses nearby or every corpse on the map ?

If only the corpses nearby then the dmg is fine.
Btw will corpses disaper after using corpse combustion ? that would be a neat effect :razz:

Current plan is to just give this ability away when you join them, as long as you remain a member.  It will be on a 5 minute cooldown or so, maybe longer to avoid exploitation. 

Currently, no, they won't disappear.  It is possible, but it would require a little more work as I would have to add a timer to countdown how long to wait (while the bodies burn) before removing them.  I hadn't thought it worth doing, but I could be swayed if others feel the same.  I do have precautions in place though.  A body can only be combusted once, after that, that corpse can't be used again.

It is only nearby corpses that get combusted into flames.  The radius of the blast damage around each is then half of that.  So it is most deadly when you are standing close to the front lines and there are a lot of bodies stacked up.  Also, I believe I am going to require you be dismounted to use it.

Thanks, I'm glad you are looking forward to the changes.  Mainly have a few particle effects and possibly some additional sound effects to implement and I'll be done with them.

my god  :shock: :shock:

the abomination now looks like a black enigma... very very nice. i see the brown helm khandrak made, the claymore from bloodskull and a mail hauberk?

corpse explosion would most likely be the 'nuke' or the 'use with care' skill, and since u added friendly fire to it, i dun think it can be exploited. Unless someone send hordes of revived corpses to their death then explode them. other than that, the price for that nuke would be too high for anyone to use carelessly.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
my god  :shock: :shock:

the abomination now looks like a black enigma... very very nice. i see the brown helm khandrak made, the claymore from bloodskull and a mail hauberk?

corpse explosion would most likely be the 'nuke' or the 'use with care' skill, and since u added friendly fire to it, i dun think it can be exploited. Unless someone send hordes of revived corpses to their death then explode them. other than that, the price for that nuke would be too high for anyone to use carelessly.

You are too good.  I think you picked out all the equipment correctly.  :smile:

Now now, this is corpse combustion, not explosion.  I would never shamelessly steal an ability from another game like Diablo, no no, I'd never do that.....    :mrgreen:

Hehe, fantastic screenshots Kardio. I'm all for the corpse combustion, as the friendly fire is a danger. Seeing as the Plagued infantry generally stick together, you'll only find a few good opportunities while in a battle.

Why.so.seriousa? said:
can anyone tell me again what is the button to call up the commands list?

H for help.  Press it once, close the camera options, then press it again. 

You must be a member of one of the 5 factions.

Back
Top Bottom