A General Discussion Regarding Late Game Relations between NPCs in Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Tombomb

Recruit
Hey guys I might be new to the forum but assume myself aged player for M&B series. While finding warband is the most advanced, modified and sophisticated game in the entire M&B series for myself, I noticed issues that stop me from continuing a late game in warband. The rather simplified relation system seems to be troublesome, not between NPC and myself, since I am a human and can always adjust and balace relations well enough; but between NPCs. It seems the NPC Kings would very likely give newly earned or re-claimed lands to someone other than its original owner, wasting his relation with his vassals largely, and leading to extremely frequent exiles and betrayals among them. I personally would really wish to modify the relation system to make it just a bit more sophysticated so it takes longer to ruin a relation between king and his vassal, or perhaps Kings would give land more properily and stop being such a fatuity anymore. I believe just by changing some slight factor will improve the late game of warband so much better than the rather unbalanced and chaotic current. Just unsure where to start since I have little experience editting the game myself, other than using morph's or such.

Modding is the way to go if you want to have full control over your module. If you do not have time to spend tens of hours on polishing it through in-depth scripting, you may want to play other completed mods which are very numerous. Playing vanilla is not worth it, I can confirm having beaten the campaign by conquering Calradia.

Released Warband mods: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/warband.165/. ModDB, Steam Workshop and Nexus have some mods which are not listed on TW forum.

Modding is the way to go if you want to have full control over your module. If you do not have time to spend tens of hours on polishing it through in-depth scripting, you may want to play other completed mods which are very numerous. Playing vanilla is not worth it, I can confirm having beaten the campaign by conquering Calradia.

Released Warband mods: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/warband.165/. ModDB, Steam Workshop and Nexus have some mods which are not listed on TW forum.
Thanks! I do agree with you in that warband has numerous great mods and playing vanilla is not worth it. However the issue I mentioned also appear in different mods as well, take one of my very favorite mod the 16th Century for example, every once in a while you take over a place, and the old vassals would soon betray or be exiled into totally alien lands. And this snowball would be larger and larger since no AI kings is any good at balancing neither lands nor relations.

Thanks! I do agree with you in that warband has numerous great mods and playing vanilla is not worth it. However the issue I mentioned also appear in different mods as well, take one of my very favorite mod the 16th Century for example, every once in a while you take over a place, and the old vassals would soon betray or be exiled into totally alien lands. And this snowball would be larger and larger since no AI kings is any good at balancing neither lands nor relations.
What can I say more, it all depends on a mod; there are plenty of them around. I cannot suggest you any, you have to take your time to browse through them. The most popular ones are guaranteed to work well, such as Floris, PoP, TLD...

Back
Top Bottom