A fully independent clan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
While running through some tests I noticed that there was a single rebel clan at war with every single major faction. They had three noble women in the clan too, along with children, so they were clearly considered a regular clan in game terms, but they were completely unaligned. No fiefs though.

This is, to some extent, an unhireable (but probably recruitable!) minor faction.

f38f0AW.jpg

Anyone else see this in 1.5.8?
@SadShogun
@mexxico

Empire, originally Diathma's rebellion against Sturgia.
In that case isn't the phenomena exactly what was intended? I mean I've been told (in the forums) rebel clans were actually meant to either dissolve (get removed) or join another kingdom. For how long has that one been around? Maybe it's currently looking for a kingdom, waiting to be recruited?

One of the rebel factions just moves into a city of another faction and just sits in the king's hall. There should be some mechanic for them to keep operating, looting or whatever, or just that they defect back to another faction.

This is not a bug but very rare situation. A clan left their actual kingdom without joining another kingdom.

Checked again. Sorry this one is actually created after rebellion it seems and they did not joined anyone yet. But actually it can happen for other default clans too, need to check why default clans do not leave their kingdom without joining another one, actually we did not disabled it too.

Here probably 30 days past and they did not joined any kingdom yet.

Last edited:
You guys should try to recruit them and see what happens. Is there a dialogue option? What is it like?

I'm not playing 1.5.8. In 1.5.8 my parties stopped "interacting". They don't recruit or deposit (troops or prisoners) when I enter villages, castles or settlements (with them in an army). Since I saw nobody complaining I might be the only one with the bug.

You guys should try to recruit them and see what happens. Is there a dialogue option? What is it like?
I just checked. Unfortunately there is no dialogue option to recruit them.
iMkiEvG.jpg

This is not a bug but very rare situation. A clan left their actual kingdom without joining another kingdom.

Checked again. Sorry this one is actually created after rebellion it seems and they did not joined anyone yet. But actually it can happen for other default clans too, need to check why default clans do not leave their kingdom without joining another one, actually we did not disabled it too.

It could actually be a cool thing, if there were various minor factions that can be recruited for cheap by the player faction...

all rebel clans stays on map if them town captured. Thats good cuz they patrol map like a bandits and can be attacked for looting.

I'm not playing 1.5.8. In 1.5.8 my parties stopped "interacting". They don't recruit or deposit (troops or prisoners) when I enter villages, castles or settlements (with them in an army). Since I saw nobody complaining I might be the only one with the bug.
I noticed this too. The parties in my Army are not doing anything when I enter villages. - Also there was another bug where I entered a conversation with another army but it only showed the army leaders. (Until I decided to attack, and then it showed the real amount).

So yeah, lots of odd little bugs creeping in 1.5.8.

I had heaps of these type of clans inhabiting my game by the time i most recently reached complete conquest, when i won the end game mission of restoring the empire and defeating all enemies, at least 8 of these clans joined the empire along with a few other empire clans. Made the rest of the conquest a cake walk but i feel most of them should have dissapeared long before this happened, if they have no base and no source of income they should deteriorate until they expire.

This would be a great jumping-off point for a civil wars feature where rebel clans or angry lords can secede and start their own kingdom together.

While running through some tests I noticed that there was a single rebel clan at war with every single major faction. They had three noble women in the clan too, along with children, so they were clearly considered a regular clan in game terms, but they were completely unaligned. No fiefs though.

This is, to some extent, an unhireable (but probably recruitable!) minor faction.

f38f0AW.jpg

Anyone else see this in 1.5.8?
@SadShogun
@mexxico

yeah, I have seen this, in my 1.5.7 beta campaign, lageta always have rebellion, like 4-5 times already
so every time it create new clan and new family
the city Lageta got taken, then these clan just running around the map like headless chicken , no purpose at all
don't know how to recruit them, how to attack them , or what they are doing........

I see independent clans often enough, but when they lose their castle or city, they should either actively try retake it or another, or defect to other factions, or leave the map as happened a bit with Warband, but not be sitting in one of my cities like fools doing nothing.

I see independent clans often enough, but when they lose their castle or city, they should either actively try retake it or another, or defect to other factions, or leave the map as happened a bit with Warband, but not be sitting in one of my cities like fools doing nothing.
NONONO!

Back
Top Bottom