A frustrated salute

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotel_Six

Recruit
I don't particularly like venting like this so I'll try and be constructive as well, but for the sake of peace of mind I must say something.

The number of hours I have spent in Viking Conquest is rivalled probably only by number hours spent in Warband, and I am ashamed of both; it really is inhumane. However, even more awe-inspiring has been the amount of technical issues stood in the way of my barbaric adventures across the North Sea - truly I have gotten my money's worth, I just wish long nights of trouble-shooting had not been part of the deal.

My latest digital woe of this DLC's making, I can only describe as "timed" crashes across all save files. I didn't measure it precisely but between 30 to 40 minutes into playing, silent CTD, repeatable with ironic reliability, and no fix found online would remedy the issue. This started suddenly after three days of no trouble upon installing on a new PC with fresh saves.

Anyway, the most constructive thing I can say, if developers see this, would be that it's probably a good idea to look into timed or recurring events in the game, and squash bugs. I would provide logs or other data, but all files related to Warband is already uninstalled/deleted. My apologies, but I was ever so slightly upset at the time.

This may be one of the best gosh darn games I have ever played, but oh how I wish it would only work.

Viking Conquest, you have pillaged my (not so) valuable life for the last time. And I salute you.

Hi Hotel_Six

As Caesar said, we have detected that generally freeze or crashing problems are because of configuration. Players are trying to play VC with native configuration but VC need more memory.

Open your rgl_config.txt (you can find this in your documents\warband folder)

texture_detail = 70
render_buffer_size = 15
max_framerate = 120
use_pixel_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 1

use_ondemand_textures = 1 #if crash move to 0 depend on your pc
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1 #if crash move to 0 depend on your PC

force_single_threading = 0 #if your pc is old use 1
debug_mode = 0

force_vsync = 1
postfx_dof = 0
postfx_hdr = 0 #common problem, no compatible with vsync active.

use_instancing = 1
number_of_ragdolls = 4
number_of_corpses = 4
blood_stains = 0

Back
Top Bottom