A Fresh Perspective

Users who are viewing this thread

DeepXen

Recruit
Hi. I've never player Warband or any of the other Taleworlds titles. I have a lot of hours sunken into games with a similar theme (Crusader Kings II and Medieval Total War 1 2 specifically) but a few days ago i purchased Bannerlord and i've been playing it non-stop ever since.

For an Early Access game, i've been hugely impressed by how stable and enjoyable the game has been. It's a fantastic game that has some exhilarating battles and a lot more depth than I was expecting.

It's obvious that the game is not finished. Whilst it is perfectly playable. it has been easy to spot bugs and serious balancing issues. The game needs polish and new content but i don't regret my purchase one bit and i can easily see the potential this game has to become something that i will be playing for years to come. It's a great foundation to build on.

There seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum, bordering on pure unadulterated Nerdrage. but i just wanted to share my postive thoughts on the experience i have had playing this game. I'm excited to see how it develops and improves further over the next months and years and i can't wait to get into mods when the game is in amore stable place.

Hi. I've never player Warband or any of the other Taleworlds titles. I have a lot of hours sunken into games with a similar theme (Crusader Kings II and Medieval Total War 1 2 specifically) but a few days ago i purchased Bannerlord and i've been playing it non-stop ever since.

For an Early Access game, i've been hugely impressed by how stable and enjoyable the game has been. It's a fantastic game that has some exhilarating battles and a lot more depth than I was expecting.

It's obvious that the game is not finished. Whilst it is perfectly playable. it has been easy to spot bugs and serious balancing issues. The game needs polish and new content but i don't regret my purchase one bit and i can easily see the potential this game has to become something that i will be playing for years to come. It's a great foundation to build on.

There seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum, bordering on pure unadulterated Nerdrage. but i just wanted to share my postive thoughts on the experience i have had playing this game. I'm excited to see how it develops and improves further over the next months and years and i can't wait to get into mods when the game is in amore stable place.
Most of us felt that way a year ago when we got the game. Issue is it's been a year with dreadfully slow progress and very poor communication by the studio. It's easy to come in now and see how it "improves further over the next few months", most us have already done so 4 fold.

Because we old chaps no what good modding is and what depth in the warband mods became. This game is a shell of many warband mods, I am not impressed with virtually anything about aside from scenes, animations, and updated graphics. The middle to late game offers nothing for the player to do. Without a diplomacy feature I would never invest much time in any strategy game. The game is menu pages with battles basically, there is zero immersive qualities in the castle/town scenes or throne rooms, nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom