A few things I'd like to discuss

Users who are viewing this thread

iamwing

Recruit
So there are a few things that are making me think a lot about if the game will be worth my money.
I suppose the game will cost around 60/70€.

And let's be honest, that's a pretty decent amount of money, although, I wouldn't mind spending that for tons of fun with my friends.
So my question is, is the new multiplayer mode going to be inovative, or is it only going to feel like a Mordhau ripoff?

Also, what I've been waiting for the most is that Taleworlds secretly adds in campaign co-op, I know that currently the game doesn't have it, but a few people found some co-op files on the game folders, so what's your expectations?
And last but not least, is the game going to have other languages than english? English for me isn't an issue, but some of my friends are really excited for the game to come out but are afraid it won't have the option to change it to portuguese.

I would love to get these questions straight so I avoid wasting my money.
Thanks in advance, have a great day!

Yes, but their fighting engine is way more recent.
M&B has been around for 16 years, but inactive for around 9, be real.

If for you servers having 200 players during event time is inactive, i think you're thinking wrong fella.

Mount and blade still has more influence then mordhau and chivalry combined. Both of them are inspired from mount and blade combat.

Major difference: Mount and blade has singleplayer. You don't buy mount and blade for the combat.

If for you servers having 200 players during event time is inactive, i think you're thinking wrong fella.

Mount and blade still has more influence then mordhau and chivalry combined. Both of them are inspired from mount and blade combat.

Major difference: Mount and blade has singleplayer. You don't buy mount and blade for the combat.
Ditto. imo Chivalry and Mordhau became very boring very quickly, it's all about smashing skulls there. But that's just my honest opinion.

Ditto. imo Chivalry and Mordhau became very boring very quickly, it's all about smashing skulls there. But that's just my honest opinion.
No you're right. Mordhau and chivalry are ONLY multiplayer games. Their whole selling point is having a great combat system.

Which gets very boring indeed.

Co-op has been a big point for all of us, but nothing ist confirmed so far. Ist's probably the most wanted feature, TW knows that. But is very difficult to pull off, so we'll have to wait and hope for the best.

Other languages will be added, but EA will start with English only. Turkish will be next and I'd assume that we'll get atleast translations for the languages present in the international part of this forum.

Also, what I've been waiting for the most is that Taleworlds secretly adds in campaign co-op, I know that currently the game doesn't have it, but a few people found some co-op files on the game folders, so what's your expectations?
They fiddled around with co-op as a concept much earlier in development, but it won't be in the game at any specific point going forward. I suppose it's entirely plausible they look at it later, but they've said they have no plans.

So my question is, is the new multiplayer mode going to be inovative, or is it only going to feel like a Mordhau ripoff?
What do you mean by "innovative"?

I expect the game will cost 40€, 50€ at most if they are stupid.
60€-70€ is console game price, this will be pc-only release at first.

Just watch the beta footage on youtube, and judge for yourself.

They said multiple times that there will be no co-op in early access and don't have plans for it.

Players count on steam and in the server browser tends to disagree with this statement.

And last but not least, is the game going to have other languages than english? English for me isn't an issue, but some of my friends are really excited for the game to come out but are afraid it won't have the option to change it to portuguese.
When the early access releases, you can see the steam page and know what languages are supported.

I have never heard of a 70 euro game on steam (that did not have dlc or some preorder thing in it) I think 40 euro is far far more likely, maybe 60, im more than willing to pay 60.

Co-op has been a big point for all of us, but nothing ist confirmed so far. Ist's probably the most wanted feature, TW knows that. But is very difficult to pull off, so we'll have to wait and hope for the best.

Other languages will be added, but EA will start with English only. Turkish will be next and I'd assume that we'll get atleast translations for the languages present in the international part of this forum.
Thank you for getting straight to the point and not letting your emotions interfering on my comment/opinions.

It's been 7 years for me but I wouldn't pay £70 for an early access game ever even though this is the only game I'm buying for the next decade

I played Mordhau and Chivalry for about 100 hours combined, I have 2000+ on M&B. I am sure with this I will also get more than my moneys worth.

I'm confused, iamwing have you not played warband? The single player game is incredible and there's no game like it at all. As far as will MP alone be worth it if you're only into hitting guys with sword online.... I don't know. I haven't play moredough or chivalry but I don't see any huge difference in gameplay of team death mode or skirmish in bannerlord MP compared to what those games look like. Captain mode is different but if you just want to hit guys with sword it's not for you, archers will shoot you and you'll get mad.

Do not get your hopes up for co-op, finding files in beta does NOT mean it will make it into the game.

While we have experimented with the idea of co-op in the past, I want to make it clear that the game currently doesn't have a co-op mode, nor will one be added during EA or at the full-release. Please don't buy the game expecting it to come at any stage now or in the future.

Yes, but their fighting engine is way more recent.
No way Mordhau is more active than mnb. As much as I love Mordhau, no one can deny the fact that after a few months of release it (sort of) died out. mnb is a 9 year old game and is the more active than the 9 months old Mordhau that lost more than half of its playerbase within only 3 months of release .

Last edited:
No way Mordhau is more active than mnb. As much as I love Mordhau, no one can deny the fact that after a few months of release it (sort of) died out. mnb is a 9 year old game and is the more active than the 9 months old Mordhau that lose more than half of its playerbase within only 3 months of release .
The first few days of Mordhau and Chivalry were really great - Then came the silly super movies which kinda break combat flow or the endless feign-spam and it just becomes a game of block chicken... Dull. Mount & Blade's combat feels more kinetic because instead of just a 'look in the general direction and click a button to block' patented gameplay of the other two, in M&B it's your responsibility to make sure your block connects, there's no rainbowflick supermoves which bypass blocks or hit twice in a single swing and never get patched, you either hit the enemy with your sword or you don't.

If you're only buying the game for online play it's not worth $60 and you should consider buying it on sale. For honor, mordhau would be better medieval online fighting games.

If you're in it for singleplayer and mods the game at $60 is a bargain if you count all the free mods you will be getting, should be worth hundreds of dollars if they were to be charged for the future mods.

Back
Top Bottom