A few simple Mod ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

I have an idea for a some simple mods, and if it is created I'd like the source code to be shared.

Change to prisoner escape dialogue
Three different modes
Hard mode 1. When you are taken prisoner and the party demands a ransom from you, you must accept.
Attribute Mode 2. Refusal is based on a percentage chance from your charm stat
Easy Mode 3. You are only allowed to refuse for a better offer one time

I would also like to see an increase of length for time spent as prisoner

When you are defeated, you have a chance of losing items, including the armor you are wearing or anything in your inventory. You can make the amount of item loss based on the strength of the other party, or just one or two items for an easier mode

When you lose in a battle and you are wounded it causes attribute and stat drain for a period of in game days, and this could extend to npc lords as well. Not sure if it is possible but it could based upon the location where you were actually damaged in game.

Removing nicknames for companions, such as the black or she-wolf and just having it be their name

Picking troops before a map battle or siege, like what is done with hideouts, either to prioritize experience for one group or to save troops in case of failure

Morale modifier, that can significantly increase or decrease the effect of morale causing easier retreats, or impossible retreats depending on the settings.

Last edited:
One that I really want to see is a toggle to disable towns and castles from changing enemy hands. This way, you can play your early game as a trader or tournament mercenary, and you don't have to worry about the map getting messed up by the time you are ready to join the faction warfare.

One that I really want to see is a toggle to disable towns and castles from changing enemy hands. This way, you can play your early game as a trader or tournament mercenary, and you don't have to worry about the map getting messed up by the time you are ready to join the faction warfare.
I think I have seen an already created mod that does this. I'll try to find it when I have time

A quick tweak you can do is to edit the sp_kingdoms.xml and make sure that all factions are at peace at the start of the campaign instead of the default wars. This does not stop the wars from happening but there is a delay.

Personally I like how a small history forms by the time you can become a vassal, but I understand you

I think I have seen an already created mod that does this. I'll try to find it when I have time

A quick tweak you can do is to edit the sp_kingdoms.xml and make sure that all factions are at peace at the start of the campaign instead of the default wars. This does not stop the wars from happening but there is a delay.

Personally I like how a small history forms by the time you can become a vassal, but I understand you
Diplomacy mod for Warband along with a few others by default made towns and castles uncaptureable by any other faction until the player becomes a mercenary or a lord. However, I think giving the player manual control over this is far better.

Back
Top Bottom