A few Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Suggestions...

If you had to choose between having one of these suggestions which would you choose?

• Whistling Arrows

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Customizable Taunts

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Half Swording

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Porting SP Custom swords and their names over to MP

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I do not wish to answer....

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Solomon Kane

Recruit
1. I would really like to see whistling arrows....I think whistling arrows would be a great addition to the battle and I think it would add to the thrill of a fight if you hear them whistle over or past your head whilst fighting ( They would not have to do alot of damage either, even if it was something just for multiplayer I would enjoy it)

2.Perhaps maybe being able to customize and have taunts in multiplayer? ( "Away from me you vile beggar!" )

3. ALSO HALF SWORDING WOULD BE COOL! (I know I am nerding out) I know it wasn't really used but it was still a technique and if we will be able to to half sword maybe the ammount of damage can depend on which pommel we have on our crafted sword (maybe a bigger pommel can contribute to the blunt damage dealt while half swording)

4. Will we be able to have our custom swords from Singleplayer port over as an option in our Multiplayer games? Can we name the swords we make in SP and them come up with the same name as in MP (If I named my sword "Virgin Slayer" or "Sword of Pepe" can others see the name as an ID tag in MP if they try to pick it up?)
                                                                      That Concludes my suggestions post...thanks for coming!

God Bless you, and Jesus Christ loves you all!

These are nice suggestions but I would prefer for taleworlds to focus on the core mechanics first and add in minor details such as these later. You also have to consider the fact that custom sword names in multiplayer could be abused by trolls.

To be fair though, if the game was completely loyal to the 10th century theme then wouldn’t spears be the main weapon of choice? Or was that just the Anglo Saxons?

T0ffee said:
To be fair though, if the game was completely loyal to the 10th century theme then wouldn’t spears be the main weapon of choice? Or was that just the Anglo Saxons?

Anglo Saxons are on the other side of the world as far as Calradia is concerned  :razz:

Remember the Calradia Empire is based on Byzantine Empire, not Europe kingdoms. We will get some factions like Battania that are based on Europe groups.

The game is suppose to follow 6-10th century. But it is a low fantasy inspired game, so yes, it doesn't need to follow history exactly (see Battania blog for some interesting details)

kalarhan said:
T0ffee said:

Anglo Saxons are on the other side of the world as far as Calradia is concerned  :razz:

Remember the Calradia Empire is based on Byzantine Empire, not Europe kingdoms. We will get some factions like Battania that are based on Europe groups.

The game is suppose to follow 6-10th century. But it is a low fantasy inspired game, so yes, it doesn't need to follow history exactly (see Battania blog for some interesting details)

Battania (celts) and Vlandia (franks) are based on western european cultures, that's 1/3rd of the cultures (empires counting as one). They occupy the western part of Calradia, so I'd say Calradia is based on the whole europe.
The Empire, though, is based on the Byzantine empire, and not the western roman empire as we know. And again, we saw only 2 of the 3 empire factions, and there seemed to be differences between one another, so who knows.

I voted for the whistling arrows but I really would choose customizable taunts if there were no whistling arrows.

About the porting of the customized weapons to MP I say only for some servers(minority).

And taunts should be hearable when you are close to the character of the player(I think I demand a lot lol)

Whistling arrows were invented by the chanyu(king) of Xiong nu Empire
İt had two aims:
Physcological effect:it scared and shattered enemies and put a pressure on them that arrows are passing very close to him.
We cant use this one since noone will run away in a video game lol.
Commanding effect:It was used by commanders to show their soldiers where to focus their arrows.It can be used in large scaled battles but I dont know if anyone will actually listen others orders except it is a youtuber event.
Also it can be used in the new game type to show where to focus to the archers.

EDIT :If there was customizable taunts in Warband half of the community would make one of their taunts "Remove Kebab" at least balkan servers like TG

kalarhan said:
Savak said:
Half swording is really great

it probably wouldn't make sense for the vanilla game (~10th century) tho  :razz:, even if looks cool.

but you should expect to see it on Late Middle Ages mods for sure.

That's exactly what I was thinking about! I mean it would make sense for capturing NPC's or even using it slightly against armored targets, maybe getting a small critical hit if the target is wearing a full faced helm if you hit them with the pommel.

Kehlian said:
Battania (celts) and Vlandia (franks) are based on western european cultures, that's 1/3rd of the cultures (empires counting as one). They occupy the western part of Calradia, so I'd say Calradia is based on the whole europe.
The Empire, though, is based on the Byzantine empire, and not the western roman empire as we know. And again, we saw only 2 of the 3 empire factions, and there seemed to be differences between one another, so who knows.

Here's something new for you. Celts were not western European :smile:. They were spread all over Europe and the major inhabitants of Europe. Aside from that, Celts were found even in the Anatolian peninsula in the time of the Roman Empires.
If you trace falxes and Wolf Brotherhoods (what we see in-game Battania) in the western Europe of that time, then I'm willing to let myself slapped on your lap  :razz:. But you'll need solid proof for this little treat :lol:

cifre said:
Kehlian said:
Battania (celts) and Vlandia (franks) are based on western european cultures, that's 1/3rd of the cultures (empires counting as one). They occupy the western part of Calradia, so uI'd say Calradia is based on the whole europe.

Here's something new for you. Celts were not western European :smile:. They were spread all over Europe and the major inhabitants of Europe. Aside from that, Celts were found even in the Anatolian peninsula in the time of the Roman Empires.
If you trace falxes and Wolf Brotherhoods (what we see in-game Battania) in the western Europe of that time, then I'm willing to let myself slapped on your lap  :razz:. But you'll need solid proof for this little treat :lol:

Right, my bad, celt is a too large term, battanians are more based on welsh britons and picts, both culture beeing celts, but from western europe :p

I agree, though, as they stated themselves, some cultures are inspired by middle-east and maghred, or even huns, so it's not only europe, but western europe sure is part of their inspirations

cifre said:
Kehlian said:

Battanians are inspired more of Pictish/Welch tribes, ancestors of Irish people so they are western European.
Strugians are Western European(they are nords)
Vlandians are western European(frank kingdoms)
Empire is Eastern European
Aserai is middle eastern
Khuzait is Central Asian

Game is inspired of all the major cultures and kingdoms in medieval times.

i don't know if this was mentioned before but it would be nice to have more factions on the battle field, like 3 armies meeting at the same time and fight 1v1v1 and start from 3 separate positions, or one of them being in the middle, fighting on 2 fronts, and if they lose the other 2 will still fight
this could applay for instance when you wait for an ambush and instead of one party showing up, 2 of them are coming and start fighting and you can chose to help one, the other of fight them both

Nords haven’t settled Calradia yet. Sturgians are more Slavic vikings than Norwegian vikings. I can’t wait until they release the Sturgian dev blog...

halfswording is not hard to implement, but it wouldn't be very accurate since Bannerlord is situated in some representation of the early middle age period, not the high middle ages. Even though, this feature could be implemented even in warband through mods, since we have the "X" key feature that changes throwing axes to just axes or javelins into small spears. So, when we press the "X" key using a two handed sword, the character would change the way he holds the sword and start attacking with the pomal or stabbing with more damage.

I wonder who would shoot the whistling arrows if they don't make much damage and everybody knows it?

Harmi said:
I wonder who would shoot the whistling arrows if they don't make much damage and everybody knows it?

KhergitLancer80 said:
Whistling arrows were invented by the chanyu(king) of Xiong nu Empire
İt had two aims:
Physcological effect:it scared and shattered enemies and put a pressure on them that arrows are passing very close to him.
We cant use this one since noone will run away in a video game lol.
Commanding effect:It was used by commanders to show their soldiers where to focus their arrows.It can be used in large scaled battles but I dont know if anyone will actually listen others orders except it is a youtuber event.
Maybe it can be used in the new game type to show where to focus to the archers.

Yeah it is kinda worthless in here.

On online server people are also throwing rocks etc, so maybe there is a place for those? Maybe they don't in Warband do so much less damage, so they are still useful? I think as an effect it would be cool. Not sure if it would be possible with stereo speakers know where the arrows are coming from tho.

This after I was thinking little. Idk. I don't think so it would be too hard to program. Basically, they are just a normal arrows with sound thing attached to them. The game anyways is not trying to be realistic, so why not.

Back
Top Bottom