A Few Models Yet Needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

mkeller

Sergeant at Arms
Every town in 0.8 will have a Quartermaster's Office, a Recruitment Office, and a General Store.  This means that we need models for these scenes.  Logan has made us a few scene props, but we can't make him do everything, and I know there's a lot more modelers out there.  This is what we need yet:

Quartermaster's Office

interior scene models (up to 24 of them)
tables
chairs (have one)
chandeliers
fireplaces
bookshelves
desks
sofas

Recruitment Office

interior scene models (have one)
desks
posters (have seven already)
chairs
whatever else would fit . . .  :smile:

General Store

interior scene models (have one)
counters
scales
bags
barrels

a plow
other store stuff

We will be able to use many of the native models for the stores, but the others will all have to be custom made.  I think that the Quartermaster's places would be kind of fancy, some scenes perhaps being the fellow's diningroom, or drawing room, or library, or whatever.  The recruitment places would probably be a little simpler, with perhaps just a desk and posters on the wall, but that's just how I imagine it.  Note that Civil War recruitment posters usually were typeset, with no pictures (woodcuts, if any).  And the general stores would be a bit like the merchant's places in Native, only of course with more modern stuff.

There are a few other assorted things needed too: we have no boots or shoes, currently, which are needed desperately.  If you are texturing them, contact the guys who made our existing uniforms, to make sure the leg coloring matches.  And we need ration models, too:  hardtack, beef, and salt pork (perhaps with a cup of coffee built into the model, to make it more interesting) for armies, and perhaps more interesting foods that will be available at the stores, in smaller amounts.

So . . . get modeling!  :grin:

Oh, one more thing - we still have a number of models that are not textured.  If you'd like to try your hand at texturing, PM JHermes, and he'll give you something to do.

humm..what are the models you have left for texturing?

I'm interested in old west styled buildings,interiors and props, so if that's what you are refering to I could barter texturing the ones that interest me in exchange for using them.

For now at least, JHermes is in charge of managing the models, and I'm doing more of the scripting, so I really don't know what all there is.  You should probably PM him.  Thanks for helping us out!

As you can see from the list above, logan has made us a recruitment office, some posters, and some props for the stores. (Thanks, by the way :grin:)  We still need more models, though, and some of the models already made need to be textured, so send in some more stuff, people!

Made a Whitney Navy:

I'll texture it, but currently my texturing skills have gone down the drain  :neutral:

I can post this in three threads without spamming!

One revolver, done:

About 700 tris

I'll do a Peacemaker, Colt Walker/Navy, or Schofield one next - can the hopeful Wild West mod and BaB work side by side?

Awesome, I remember one mod there was one sword that when I looked it at my game moved at an unbearable speed.

logan said:
Heya buxton, nice gun, can you make a wireframe render of it too?

I'll send some stuff over when I release mine and Highlander's mod.

Plus, you might want this too:

And any other buildings I make, I'm happy to share.  :smile:

Sure Buxton, that'd be great!  That's a real nice building!

Sharing models between mods somehow seems a little . . . cheap, but I guess we gotta take what we can get.  :wink:

nothing wrong with sharing ^^ all hail the power of communism :wink:

btw, very nice render buxton, it looks slightly toy'ish and far to clean, but its not to hard to add dirt to a texture (its making the damn uvw's thats the difficult part ^^ )

also the light wood used for the corners on front and back of the house look slightly wierd, like they are either streatched or just missing the grains.
But except for that it looks FANTASTIC!!

Back
Top Bottom