A Disturbing Trend

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you all butthurt with TF2? And CS? And Killing Floor?.... I remember people whining a lot for the same reasons with Dear Esther (similar thing happened, as they stopped giving patches). Turns out: The game is much better.

Dont want it? Dont buy it.

Yukimura_Sanada said:
Funny thing is people want to spend 60 euros on a game(AKA Modern warfare 3 as example) but they refused to pay like (perhaps we hope) less than a sixth of the game for a DLC which will make you play longer than modern warfare 3.

ofcourse **** logic

just because you don't like MW3 does not mean everyone hates it, i know a guy who has already put more than 200 hours into MW3, i'm sure in his messed up head its a good game.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Were you all butthurt with TF2? And CS? And Killing Floor?.... I remember people whining a lot for the same reasons with Dear Esther (similar thing happened, as they stopped giving patches). Turns out: The game is much better.

Dont want it? Dont buy it.

TF2 did not offer features available only to people who payed for it, only random items and other junk.
idk what your talking about with CS and killing floor i don't play those.
Also valve never promised more free stuff for TF2 but they do fix bugs that come along for free.

and stop saying that "X is better" because that's your opinion

TF2 wasnt free on release. (In fact, for four years you had to buy it).

Really? Can you just compare Dear Esther mod vs Dear Esther game and say that the game is not better?
Not to mention CS...

There will always be fan boys and there will always be haters, but rarely are there any mediators...

See what I did there?

:smile:

Ok we're going around in circles. Yes people have a right to complain but sometimes the complaints are not down to earth or within the scope of the subject matter, which is anyone else's right to state. Ie: by the same token people have a right to complain about the complainers or their complaints in the eternal struggle for discourse dominance that usually accompanies the endless drone of individual desires until they mesh into some collective form of acceptance or resistance.

I have no idea what I just said but it sounds cool.

Ultimately everyone has their own reasons for liking/disliking the idea of a mod concept made DLC. Some good some bad I am sure. But people should remember that what may seem relevant to their own individual situation does not necessarily make it relevant to anyone else's and therefore may not be a valid utilitarian argument.

Personally I find the notion of someone spending over a thousand dollars on enhancing their enjoyment from a product only to complain about spending 5 or more dollars on the product itself, lacking a little... "je ne sais quoi"

ok so air is free, i breathe it, its fun.
then XXXXXXXX corp. comes in and says "we are going to make 1/3 of the air better! and we'll do it for free because we just want people to use our air"
then they turn around and say "well 1/3 of the air is better but you have to pay for it, you can just breathe the other 2/3's of the ****ty old air"

You need air to live, and if you need MM to live then damn baby you better cough up...  :shock:

Your second point has some merit in terms of communication but I doubt the reception without the goods would have been less icy then the devs coming and showing the goods and attaching a price tag. People ***** full stop no matter what you do. Its a fact of life and it can be healthy. I ***** all the time but its good to keep some sort of perspective. The dev team is not your financial manager, while news would have been nice, the lack of news might have urged sufficient caution given that you were making a huge investment merely in anticipation of a non-legally binding promissory patch? I dunno man. I find that people wield some strange expectations.

It just seems weird that when people spend vast amounts of money; 5-15 dollars seems like the end of the world.

Better communication all round I think has been desired by the community from the TW team, which if my observation hasn't failed me, may be a positive result of the entire trigger event. 

You guys are right, perhaps mmrussia3 and NW should be removed completely. This would seem to alleviate discrepancies and ethical business concerns within the tale worlds community. You can not be upset if there is nothing to be upset about.

However since there is thankfully a mmrussia3 and a soon to be NW DLC, I see no reason to be divided. Those who have no problem paying may purchase the DLC, whereas those who do not may continue to enjoy mmrussia3.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
TF2 wasnt free on release. (In fact, for four years you had to buy it).

Really? Can you just compare Dear Esther mod vs Dear Esther game and say that the game is not better?
Not to mention CS...

really TF2 cost money? jeez i never would have guessed puts on proof of purchace and go kills some F2P's
what does that have to do with ANYTHING?

i don't even know what dear esther IS so i'm ignoring that but i'm sure some people would say that the mod is better because it is free, so stop trying to say that someone is wrong because they disagree with you.

rejenorst said:
You need air to live, and if you need MM to live then damn baby you better cough up...  :shock:

actually i can survive with only 2/3's of the air, i figured since everyone goes ape**** over numerical values i would make sure mine were able to sustain my own life.

and i'm sure that the response would have been less icy from me. i would have jumped up and yelled "YAY A MM GAME!" not "**** no patch"

Sharp.Ryan said:
However since there is thankfully a mmrussia3 and a soon to be NW DLC, I see no reason to be divided. Those who have no problem paying may purchase the DLC, whereas those who do not may continue to enjoy mmrussia3.
split community = small LB's = no fun = MM just got killed

nilloc93 said:
and i'm sure that the response would have been less icy from me. i would have jumped up and yelled "YAY A MM GAME!" not "**** no patch"

Even though you had just bought a 2000 dollar pc?

actually i can survive with only 2/3's of the air, i figured since everyone goes ape**** over numerical values i would make sure mine were able to sustain my own life.

You'll get sick eventually and probably won't make it past a ripe 30-40 yrs.

Sharp.Ryan said:
split community = small LB's = no fun = MM just got killed
[/quote]

Then so be it, that's the nature of things. We are not owed anything and it will be up to other modders to create a free to play mod that you'll find just as enjoyable as mmrusia3

ok so air is free, i breathe it, its fun.
then XXXXXXXX corp. comes in and says "we are going to make 1/3 of the air better! and we'll do it for free because we just want people to use our air"
then they turn around and say "well 1/3 of the air is better but you have to pay for it, you can just breathe the other 2/3's of the ****ty old air"

Your argument lacks some points. The 1/3 of the "better" air is still available for free. The 2/3 of "****ty old" air are still available.
We just added 1 piece new air. So infact, we are not forcing you to breath the "****ty" air, nor are we forcing you to breath the new air.

You can keep breathing the "better" air if you wish, we are not forcing you to switch over to anything.
Please keep that in mind, MM will still be available and free to play.

Now, could yo guys please calm down a bit ? You can discuss, and I have no problem with a normal mature discussion, but at the moment this is going a bit to far...

Thank you!

Personally i dont see the big deal about having to pay for the DLC. Since Vince and all the other team members have spent money for the developemnt of MM and NW, im sure they would love to get money out of it. The Game itself is going to have so many features, 2x Better Graphics and just an entire new platform for Warband.

Nobody forcing you to buy the game, and if you dont want to pay for the game..then dont buy the game..Simple as that..

The new NW Community doesnt need to hear your complaints about having to pay a small amount of money for a DLC that is going to be plain Epic.

This thread.
28958%20-%20animated%20apple_bloom%20question_mark_exclamation_point%20spinning.gif

Williams_The Great said:
Personally i dont see the big deal about having to pay for the DLC. Since Vince and all the other team members have spent money for the developemnt of MM and NW, im sure they would love to get money out of it. The Game itself is going to have so many features, 2x Better Graphics and just an entire new platform for Warband.

Nobody forcing you to buy the game, and if you dont want to pay for the game..then dont buy the game..Simple as that..

The new NW Community doesnt need to hear your complaints about having to pay a small amount of money for a DLC that is going to be plain Epic.
jesus christ. Stop.

Lock this thread its just stupid now

nilloc93 said:
Yukimura_Sanada said:
Funny thing is people want to spend 60 euros on a game(AKA Modern warfare 3 as example) but they refused to pay like (perhaps we hope) less than a sixth of the game for a DLC which will make you play longer than modern warfare 3.

ofcourse **** logic

just because you don't like MW3 does not mean everyone hates it, i know a guy who has already put more than 200 hours into MW3, i'm sure in his messed up head its a good game.

more than 1800 hours mm.
but you don't get my point, what I meant people will blindly buy a game for 60 euros from which they had previous game expierence.
and people make a fuss about it for a game+ friendly community for (hopes again) 5-10 euros.
In MM you have a great community, all friendly towards each other(well not all), and on top of that even a great game with great people.

I am not Hating on mw3, I am just pointing out that people have no problem spending more than 50 euros on a game, and in here they all go Oh wait I thought it was free not buying it etc.

but I think the moderators can better lock this thread since it is going out of hand.
+ it has already been said no discussion is going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom