A deeper Peace Treaty / Settlement Occupation system (long post)

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree with this, take town and it's yours it's simple, but it's also mindless, it makes the world feel flat too. Imagine some dudes come to your country and just plain take it and no one it's against it in town and everything it's the same the day that happens. Not only it goes against strategizing it goes against immersion too.

The recruitment should be reworked to, be a Empire vassal and have a army full of Mongol arch horses or Vikings its weird to. And I talk against my self, my armies are the United nations.

I agree with this, take town and it's yours it's simple, but it's also mindless, it makes the world feel flat too. Imagine some dudes come to your country and just plain take it and no one it's against it in town and everything it's the same the day that happens. Not only it goes against strategizing it goes against immersion too.

Exaclty. This need to change somehow.

IRL history, logic and law aside:
To get the gameplay benefits stated in my post, at the very least should be a system that fiefs need to assimilated before you are able to use it at its fulliest, as some people said. Maybe just make that assimilation time increase way slower when you are still at war with previous settlement owner.

Seems pretty easy to do and could be enough to deal with the root of the gameplay issue, which is immediatly using the resources of a new settlement agaisnt the previous owner in the same war.

Also btw, other factions being outraged about too much expansion needs to be a thing as soon as possible.

what's stopping the occupying force from taking taxes from the town? law? people refusing to pay? i question the validity of your claim that it happened irl. i believe it has to do with gameplay mechanics not irl stuff.
if you want to stop recruitment from newly conquered settlements and tie it to loyalty, i can understand that but taxes?

If a invader medieval army sieged down some town and immediatly wanted supplies / money from peasants, it would work more like "Force Peasants to Give Supplies" than actual taxation imo. Dissorganized and would damage the settlement development.

In IRL taxation is complex and aimed for long term. You need to hire multiple tax collectors, plan which parts of the town every tax collector would go, plan on how much each kind of profession would give, etc. I dont think nobody could conquer a fief and be able to have an functioning taxation system out of nowhere in the same day. They would probably raid or sack, if really wanted loot so badly.

In IRL taxation is complex and aimed for long term. You need to hire multiple tax collectors, plan which parts of the town every tax collector would go, plan on how much each kind of profession would give, etc. I dont think nobody could conquer a fief and be able to have an functioning taxation system out of nowhere in the same day. They would probably raid or sack, if really wanted loot so badly.

They could and did co-opt local administrative systems though. "Meet the new boss, same as old boss," and all that.

Honestly though, I'm more worried that the AI will not be able to handle a system like this. You see border gore in CK2 or EU4, sure. But it is more of an aesthetically displeasing thing than anything else. In Bannerlord, settlement locations and distances actually matter and you can functionally cripple a faction by having them lose (or give up) a wealthy settlement in their interior.

Back
Top Bottom