A couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

If you pay to get out of your contract the Lord keeps the gear.  You can keep the gear if you desert, but then you are outlawed and you can't get into cities and castles and everyone wants to kill you.  It's a real pain and makes the game almost unplayable. 

One way to get to keep the gear without being outlawed is when your Lord is defeated in battle.  After you escape from the enemy, make your way to another Lord and hopefully he will say he is hiring mercenaries for an upcoming campaign.  Or offer your services to a Ruler as a vassal.  You can keep the gear you have and you are no longer obliged to the first Lord.  If you do not become a mercenary or vassal, eventually you will be outlawed as a deserter when you fail to re-join the first Lord within the stated time limit.

Not sure about tobacco.  I think tobacco is just a trade good or maybe it boosts troop morale.  I got some last night when I won a tournament, too, but I accidentally sold it someplace and did not check what it was all about.

I also looted this letter of indulgence, which says it gives +3 piety, but when I look at my character report it's only showing the 1 piety where I prayed one time. Do I need to use it somehow?

I think the character report only shows your unmodified piety.  I don't know for sure.  My Khergit has a holy skull for +3 piety and that does not show either. 

AHA! I've got it! To keep all your awesome gear, simply stash it in the hidden chest in Rivacheg, then go retire from the army. Don't know if the one in Tihr is still there, haven't been able to find it.

Back
Top Bottom