A couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Heh never seen this before, why does my party look like a caravan?

OfrARUa.jpg

Is it normal?

also I've tried recruiting in villages from 4 different factions and this is what I get

JCfB1gn.jpg

what gives?

Hey onarum,

I think the caravan is normal if you go the adventurer route. I get that as well.

Also, you can't recruit from villages unless you are in the service of that kingdom it seems. I'm also trying to figure out how to get units as an adventurer and it seems the only options are companions + mercenaries. Sort of makes sense, even if it's different from vanilla.

ah, I see, don't quite dig the caravan look to be honest but I guess in the end it doesn't really matter, gonna be hard rocking only companions and mercs for a while though.

thx.

onarum said:

OfrARUa.jpg

Is it normal?

also I've tried recruiting in villages from 4 different factions and this is what I get

JCfB1gn.jpg

what gives?

The icon you have depends on the mount, the caravan icon is the one for worst horses you start as adventurer and for when you don't have horse at all. Just get a better horse, you'll get an icon from that horse. The recruitment system is clearly stated in description, I guess I'll add the icon stuff to the FAQ.

thewanderingknight said:
onarum said:

OfrARUa.jpg

Is it normal?

JCfB1gn.jpg

what gives?

The icon you have depends on the mount, the caravan icon is the one for worst horses you start as adventurer and for when you don't have horse at all. Just get a better horse, you'll get an icon from that horse. The recruitment system is clearly stated in description, I guess I'll add the icon stuff to the FAQ.

Yeah you're right, sorry, I kinda missed that bit about the recruitment.

I ended up finally realizing I could just be a knight for a while and get some money to get started on hiring some mercs and then try and get some renown to eventually become a vassal, can get quite a bit of money as a knight, since almost all big encounters will yield quite the haul for me to loot (don't know if this is intended).

Great mod man, congrats.

>The loot is intended yes.<
Hmm, thank you for that. I was getting filthy rich with lootmoney buying ironworks, dyeworks and printmoney works. 
I loot, get military leave, sell loot,  then come back for more. 
The lord does not mind how often I take leave. No temptation to desert since provided gear is inconsequential compared  loot sold more than compensates.  So much so it seems like an big exploit. 

If it is intentional, then, ok .

I wonder what is going to happen that I need all that cash$$??....

SteamTale said:
>The loot is intended yes.<
Hmm, thank you for that. I was getting filthy rich with lootmoney buying ironworks, dyeworks and printmoney works. 
I loot, get military leave, sell loot,  then come back for more. 
The lord does not mind how often I take leave. No temptation to desert since provided gear is inconsequential compared  loot sold more than compensates.  So much so it seems like an big exploit. 

If it is intentional, then, ok .

I wonder what is going to happen that I need all that cash$$??....

I'm actually thinking removing the loot in Freelancer for 2.0 to say the truth. Funny thing however as people were complaining in early versions how hard was to make money in the mod...

Back
Top Bottom