A call to Tw

Users who are viewing this thread

I actually had hopes for the game
I mean we know that we'll get everything that is written in the steam page, and possibly more than that. They want to implement a naval combat system after finishing everything. The thing is, we don't know when they will finish everything. It can be 4 months or 4 years. They said that they want to finish everything in 1 year but with this pace, it is impossible sooo yeah.

btw naval combat is something they want to add, they didn't say we will add it they said we want to add it

I mean we know that we'll get everything that is written in the steam page, and possibly more than that. They want to implement a naval combat system after finishing everything. The thing is, we don't know when they will finish everything. It can be 4 months or 4 years. They said that they want to finish everything in 1 year but with this pace, it is impossible sooo yeah.

btw naval combat is something they want to add, they didn't say we will add it they said we want to add it
I know about the naval combat, and yes i know content will be added but the way TW doesn't communicate is sad. What i said still stands, that i absolutely love the game to bits and thinking of naval combat and of The map of the continent i can't wait for them to add it, regardless of the time it takes.
(writing mistakes as I'm on the Phone rn)

I know about the naval combat, and yes i know content will be added but the way TW doesn't communicate is sad. What i said still stands, that i absolutely love the game to bits and thinking of naval combat and of The map of the continent i can't wait for them to add it, regardless of the time it takes.
(writing mistakes as I'm on the Phone rn)
We have very active devs like AVRC and Mexxico, they are much more active than any game dev I've ever seen. but we don't have an active dev for, let's say item modeling or scene designing (if there is please tag them so I can follow lol) if we had at least 1-2 devs active for every division it would be perfect.

We have very active devs like AVRC and Mexxico, they are much more active than any game dev I've ever seen. but we don't have an active dev for, let's say item modeling or scene designing (if there is please tag them so I can follow lol) if we had at least 1-2 devs active for every division it would be perfect.
Know about mexxico, there s also Duh, but I'm not familiar to AVRC as he is responsible towards the Multiplayer section and I'm not really into multiplayer
Also, what about the dev that mexxico helped to post pictures regarding the rebellions feature, maybe he'll become active as well

I love how people were so demanding before, kept telling TaleWorlds repeatedly to release the game, and even though they refused numerous times to do so for this exact reason (the game is NOT finished), people still give them crap about releasing a game in an unfinished state... be happy that they decided to find a middle ground and release in early access and, that they are taking into consideration the feedback the community is giving, which will make the game way better than it would have been if they kept doing their work without EA... those that just want the full product now just don't understand the big picture in my opinion

I love how people were so demanding before, kept telling TaleWorlds repeatedly to release the game, and even though they refused numerous times to do so for this exact reason (the game is NOT finished), people still give them crap about releasing a game in an unfinished state... be happy that they decided to find a middle ground and release in early access and, that they are taking into consideration the feedback the community is giving, which will make the game way better than it would have been if they kept doing their work without EA... those that just want the full product now just don't understand the big picture in my opinion
+1
Still, the thing that gets us triggered is the tacfact that the game is developing slow but there's no one rushing them, as they are independent now
Other than us, the community i mean.
Taking their pace and making the game better is acceptable, but with more communication(like mexxico, duh yadda yadda) the game would turn out much better than expected

+1
Still, the thing that gets us triggered is the tacfact that the game is developing slow but there's no one rushing them, as they are independent now
Other than us, the community i mean.
Taking their pace and making the game better is acceptable, but with more communication(like mexxico, duh yadda yadda) the game would turn out much better than expected

oh but rushing is actually bad... there are so many games that those "big companies" rush and they simply end up not that good. For me indie developers are way better because nobody rushes them, they make games with soul and take their time, indie games are a lot better than Triple A's nowadays... and taleworlds is the same to me. About communication... as long as they take into account feedback and they implement good ideas from community, I don't mind if they don't reply. For example I used to write feedback on the steam posts (didn't know about the forum), and they really took into consideration, even quite quickly. I never seen any replies, but I felt they were taking care of the issues I was reporting.

But I understand, I like communication too because it makes the time passing without updates more bearable. As for how slow the game is being developed, I feel it's a decent pace right now honestly, I mean even a big update per month seems like a lot when you look at the development of other games... I was waiting for 7 days to die updates forever, they were doing 1 big update per year or something. I don't even care about that game anymore, they don't listen to community feedback as much... players kept saying that zombie animals are simply annoying and they want an option to remove them, and we didn't even get that much. My point is, there are way worse devs out there and I'm just glad taleworlds is still working at it and taking into consideration player feedback.

I love how people were so demanding before, kept telling TaleWorlds repeatedly to release the game, and even though they refused numerous times to do so for this exact reason (the game is NOT finished), people still give them crap about releasing a game in an unfinished state...
You're right... However, there are some things you are overlooking...
When fans were begging for TW to release the game they were doing so because many believed the game was much more than it actually is.

TW showed us sieges where attacking forces were climbing ladders adeptly without having issues with path finding...
TW showed us back alley gangs...
TW showed us....

I can go on but I hope you see where I'm going.
Years ago fans saw a game that looked ready, a game that looked better than what we currently have - That (I believe) is the source of most of the ire.

Veterans of Mount & Blade games are mostly upset because (even though it's EA) Bannerlord (which looked ready in 2016) seems to be riddled with issues and actually appears to offer less than Warband did in 2010.

be happy that they decided to find a middle ground and release in early access
Agreed!

they are taking into consideration the feedback the community is giving, which will make the game way better than it would have been if they kept doing their work without EA... those that just want the full product now just don't understand the big picture in my opinion
From what I see on the forums, many don't want the full product now... Rather, many are worried about what the full product is actually going to look like.

I think a number of long time fans are perturbed because many thought that this game was going to be more than what the devs currently envision.

When fans were begging for TW to release the game they were doing so because many believed the game was much more than it actually is.
This! So much this! 10000%

They´ve shown stuff in GC trailers years ago which aren´t in the game now and won´t be in the game ever! You could say that they "lied" to their community.

I´m not bored enough to post the video once again (just search on Youtube for their GC trailer), just saying: dynamic gangs in settlements and that you can use a companion as a gang leader...........just ONE example from the things they´ve shown years before EA release....

Seems like all this stuff was just scripted to generate hype....

Then they went for EA, their description sounds like game is closed to be finished and now were are here :smile:

You're right... However, there are some things you are overlooking...

TW showed us sieges where attacking forces were climbing ladders adeptly without having issues with path finding...
TW showed us back alley gangs...
TW showed us....

I can go on but I hope you see where I'm going.
Years ago fans saw a game that looked ready, a game that looked better than what we currently have - That (I believe) is the source of most of the ire.

Veterans of Mount & Blade games are mostly upset because (even though it's EA) Bannerlord (which looked ready in 2016) seems to be riddled with issues and actually appears to offer less than Warband did in 2010.

Agreed!

From what I see on the forums, many don't want the full product now... Rather, many are worried about what the full product is actually going to look like.

I think a number of long time fans are perturbed because many thought that this game was going to be more than what the devs currently envision.

I understand. I do remember the gameplay from back then and it was looking quite decent, it is true. The thing with running through town and doing quests, fighting vs gangs with your companions and setting your own gang in a city... who knows, maybe they removed such features because they weren't ready at all and we may see before the game is fully released. For now I just really hope for leveling progression to be fixed (more consistent level-up...) and perks... I can wait for content, I just can't play the game until I can level up properly and have the perks implemented... still can't level up roguery properly, and that "bandits never defect" perk isn't implemented... Also workshops and caravans should give you a very small trading exp (very small), as should running around towns give you athletics skill... at least little... having bandits in your party should give you a daily roguery exp and recruiting them gives you exp too, and having normal troops in your party should give you a daily leadership exp as well. SO many things that I'm frustrated are not a thing yet. There are tons of things that need to be improved, and tons of small ways to get experience, and we need more exp requirements at the start (so leveling is not so quick like it's nothing from 1-50/100), and also LOWER requirements from there and up, since it gets ridiculously grindy!! (I really don't care what they do, I just want them to do it. If the first skill point costs me 1000 exp instead of the pathetic 70 exp or whatever it is and the last skill point costs me 10,000 instead of the 100k or whatever it is then that's perfect. Make it grindy but make it more consistent damn it!!!). It's literally the biggest thing for me, fix this and I can play the game again... until then I simply can't. If 1.5.6 only introduces snowball fixes and some other fixes it will really not be enough for me to play still, because character development/progression, those RPG elements are just so essential, I don't understand why they are not a bigger priority atm. Leveling up needs a complete overhaul or at least fix/balance the numbers...

Last edited:
I love how people were so demanding before, kept telling TaleWorlds repeatedly to release the game, and even though they refused numerous times to do so for this exact reason (the game is NOT finished), people still give them crap about releasing a game in an unfinished state...
Wrong.
People aren't angry because the game is not finished. Everyone knows the game is not finished. People are angry because of the EXTREMELY slow pace of updating, AND above all, because of the lack of communication from TW. When dev from TW do communicate, they tend to be very well received and people stop complaining about the subject treated.

Last edited:
Bannerlord'un öncülleriyle harika bir iş çıkardığınızı söylemek isterim. Mount & blade serisiyle büyüdüm.
Bununla neler oluyor dedi? Topluluğun asla istemediği bir şeyi kendinize aldınız. Bannerlord'un şu anki durumu boş ve sıkıcı ve çok oyunculu, warband ile karşılaştırıldığında sadece üzücü.

Sahip olduğunuz topluluk, içerik üretmede en iyilerden biri, düzenleyici doğru yönde atılmış bir adımdı, ancak modlama api'si nerede? neden ona tutunuyorsun? Neden insanların onu kurcalamasına izin vermiyorsunuz? Özel sunucular neden dışarıda değil. Warband kadar iyiydi, onu yapan sizin topluluğunuzdu. Öyleyse neden önceliklerinizin önemsiz gibi göründüğünü anlamıyorum. Topluluğun bunu halletmesine izin verdiğinizde, bakiye yamaları yayınlarsınız. Modlama araçlarının tamamen piyasaya sürülmesine odaklanın ve işlerin ne kadar hızlı düzeldiğini / iyileştirildiğini göreceksiniz.
You are right but there is nothing to do.I tired of thinking about these...

Back
Top Bottom