A bunch of petty complaints. I get mad every single game. I hate this stuff so much. I get so mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

People in Bannerlord knows how to trade\build\construct\smith and so many advanced civilized skill and communication,but they could only learn medicine skill by getting wounded,its so ridiculous and stupid. They should be able to have some civilized way to learning medicine in the game,like read books and educational trainging etc.
but it still sucks to have to level medicine by wounded.

I've noticed medicine levels much faster if you have combat companions. So early game I hire and send as many companions into battle recklessly as I can. But I also start with 30 medicine via character creation. I go for 75 medicine, at least, for all my characters. It does feel super artificial raising it though. I used to have a policy of recruiting looters and splitting them into their own group and suiciding rushing them, but now that we can't split troops into separate groups via party screen it's a PITA.

Personally I find there to be not enough bandits early game, but I'm starting on campaign and always trying to get the first quest done ASAP, and farming looters for renown. I find looters pretty easy to deal with too, once you learn how the AI ranged attacks work. Plus you can split them up by sending cav riding past them - many of them chase the cav. However, I agree rocks SPECIFICALLY should do less damage to heavy armor since they don't work like blunt weapons designed for armor such as maces. And they're a bit too aimbot with them.

Cultures... I agree some that are basically just bonuses and maluses to money or that otherwise are just negligible stat changes that don't impact gameplay style suck. It's fine for part of it to be more thematic bonuses for the AI but at least one part of the bonus the player should really notice influences how they play.

I always pick Battania, but Aserai now has desert speed which is not bad either - although much more limited. Sturgia should get their snow speed bonus back, their new stuff sucks. Empire's old siege bonus was better too although they're still good just due to loyalty bonus to so many cities. Khuzait was overpowered, now it's garbage, they should get a morale debuff boost IMHO(but some of their units need nerfs...). Vlandia's is useless and boring mid-late game, they should get a bonus to(or from using) mercenary troops of some sort.

Ranged troops sucking at dealing with horse archers is a huge problem.

I don't worry about killing spouses but I find clearing junk companions to make way for new ones 'cause they reach the cap is now super terrible 'cause they take forever to die in battle even sent in with no armor or weapon and even when I select a low medic character. That's partly more an issue with companion system design though.

Can't you fire those companions via talk or from tabs ?

You can fire them afaik.

I've noticed medicine levels much faster if you have combat companions.
I think so too, having a few early gets you constant healing exp.
Personally I find there to be not enough bandits early game, but I'm starting on campaign
See, I also find if I start on campaign and stay in the wester/southern empire area there's not that many..... but when I start as sandbox in battania it's like pile of small parties as I move east in the first 2 days, it just seems very strange.
I don't worry about killing spouses but I find clearing junk companions to make way for new ones 'cause they reach the cap
Oh no is it true is there cap where they stop spawning more? Guess we'll have to start re-rolling and checking for good wanderers at games start.
Can't you fire those companions via talk or from tabs ?

You can fire them afaik.
You can fire them but they remain in the game and can even be hired again, so if there's a cap on wanderers that can be in the world it doesn't help that.

Oh no is it true is there cap where they stop spawning more? Guess we'll have to start re-rolling and checking for good wanderers at games start.
Yeah there's a cap. Restarting over wanderers is a slippery slope... I get severe restartitis with this game just because of how RNG companions are. Once you have a game with good wanderers you want all your games to start that way which takes several restarts. And then I don't want to use them in combat in case they die... unless I get spare good wanderers to replace them requiring an even better wanderer roll at the start...

Accio:

Code:
public static void OnHeroHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, int healingAmount)
        {
            float num = (float)Campaign.Current.Models.PartyHealingModel.GetSkillXpFromHealingTroop(mobileParty.Party);
            num = num * (float)healingAmount * 0.1f;
            SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Medicine, num, SkillEffect.PerkRole.Surgeon);
        }

// Token: 0x060024B2 RID: 9394 RVA: 0x00093D68 File Offset: 0x00091F68
public static void OnRegularTroopHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, int troopCount)
        {
            float skillXp = (float)(Campaign.Current.Models.PartyHealingModel.GetSkillXpFromHealingTroop((mobileParty.Party) * troopCount);
            SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Medicine, skillXp, SkillEffect.PerkRole.Surgeon);
        }

psst: change the numbers "0.1 to 10" or the line " mobileParty.Party * trooCount *10 " and see the result

if you want that it realy lvls with your food stock search for the method "PartyConsumeFood"

there is a if- Line in that:

if (!isStarving2 && mobileParty.ItemRoster.FoodVariety > 3 && mobileParty.EffectiveQuartermaster != null)
{
SkillLevelingManager.OnPartyQuartermasterSkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Steward, (float)(num3 * (mobileParty.ItemRoster.FoodVariety - 2) / 3));
*add* SkillLevelingManager.OnPartyQuartermasterSkillExercised(mobileParty, (float)(num3 * (mobileParty.ItemRoster.FoodVariety - 2) / 3)); *add*

}

than you will get also Medicine XP if you have more than 3 Food variations(the *add* Line). (Carefull, this is a Guess and not tested).

This works only if you are Quatermaster of course, otherwise you have to change the called method "SkillLevelingManager.OnPartyQuatermasterSkillExercised" into "SkillLevelingManager.OnSurgeryApplied" (only the "added" one, be fair :wink: )

Next Edit:
Search for weapons.xml and in it for "throwing_stone" , mess with it as long as you understand those parameters. I m to lazy to explain them here.

For the other parts im sorry, i can´t make blood invisible(since i watched the code only 10 minutes for ya and Im not investing more time) or change the bandits pop ups :wink:

660959-gothic2_04_10.jpg

*hides under the InvisCloak*

Last edited:
No. They count for their party leader's surgeons skills. One good trick is before a siege or big battle, talk to clan parties in your army and slide all thier troops in yours so they're under your surgeon both for protection and you surgeon can gain skill from them, then after the battle, put them back in the clan parties before you take a over capacity penalty when time passes. This can also be used to stop clan parties from donating to fiefs at the end of a siege.

You've really worked out all the hacks haven't you :smile:

Btw, what's the optimum attribute/skillup allocation to hit 275?

Back
Top Bottom