84e Regiment Public Siege Server [84e_NW_Siege]

Users who are viewing this thread

It is good to see the old maps spruced up for NW, they look great (at least the one I've played so far, the one surrounded by water). However, I think either the strength of the wall material needs increasing or a ban on rockets (on these custom maps) is needed. I started playing about 15 minutes ago as a defending Russian against the British and arrived with 14 minutes still left on the clock, but most of the front wall was gone, much of the right hand outer wall was destroyed and many of the buildings had been turned to Swiss cheese. I wondered if the time I was seeing was a mistake and whether the server time was actually about 10 minutes further on, but it seemed not as the round went on for about 10 more minutes before defeat. In the next round, I was amazed to see the first rocket hit the wall and immediately destroy one layer of the front wall. The rockets seem to be at least as effective as cannon were in MM, and since they are obviously much faster firing this causes a huge problem. They seemed to be blowing great holes in the house walls in a single strike.

Rockets were developed as anti infantry weapons, and as far as I know the only major damage they did to buildings was through burning. Besides which, as I've pointed out already it is devastating for gameplay. And I don't know if there is any truth in the widely held belief that rockets cause lag, but there was a lot of sporadic lag when I briefly played tonight and with rockets being so highly damaging they will surely continue to prove popular whenever the British are attacking.

True dat, Rockets are completely op on our siege maps, since they tend to rip the fort into pieces.
And that destroys any immersion, why would the brits want to take a destroyed fort? :razz:

On a more serious note, whenever I am admining, I will diable rockets on those maps =)

DanAngleland said:
It is good to see the old maps spruced up for NW, they look great (at least the one I've played so far, the one surrounded by water). However, I think either the strength of the wall material needs increasing or a ban on rockets (on these custom maps) is needed. I started playing about 15 minutes ago as a defending Russian against the British and arrived with 14 minutes still left on the clock, but most of the front wall was gone, much of the right hand outer wall was destroyed and many of the buildings had been turned to Swiss cheese. I wondered if the time I was seeing was a mistake and whether the server time was actually about 10 minutes further on, but it seemed not as the round went on for about 10 more minutes before defeat. In the next round, I was amazed to see the first rocket hit the wall and immediately destroy one layer of the front wall. The rockets seem to be at least as effective as cannon were in MM, and since they are obviously much faster firing this causes a huge problem. They seemed to be blowing great holes in the house walls in a single strike.

Rockets were developed as anti infantry weapons, and as far as I know the only major damage they did to buildings was through burning. Besides which, as I've pointed out already it is devastating for gameplay. And I don't know if there is any truth in the widely held belief that rockets cause lag, but there was a lot of sporadic lag when I briefly played tonight and with rockets being so highly damaging they will surely continue to prove popular whenever the British are attacking.

Rockets are disabled on the 84e_Siege now, thats why we had so many downtimes on sunday, map fixes and server setup.

For introduce- thanks for this old-new map
And the main part- Have austrian Granzers limit? With posibility of choose rifle they can work like Jägers. But what i saw they haven't quite tough limit like Jägers.

Nordmann said:
Nice server, had a lot of fun there last night, just a pity about the unpunished team-killing sprees some people embarked upon.

Sorry but we cant be online 24/7 im working on it to get more. "good" admins..

Comrade Temuzu said:
As everyone suspected, the map that one guy made is lagging like hell. All the ported maps however work great.

Why you not get your ass off that thread, go and mimimi in another thread.

Comrade Temuzu said:
As everyone suspected, the map that one guy made is lagging like hell. All the ported maps however work great.

thats funny because just a few ppl suspected this.

furthermore you forget to say that the whole dlc has problems with big maps and mass of people. just less ppl wich crash at start with over 180 players. but still lags are there.

also my map was build in beta. i didnt had much enough people to test it there.

i still keep updating this map for balance and performance.

but just few ppl complaining about lags so i am not giving anything about your trolling in this or the other thread.

just wondering why u didnt made a map during beta if youre such a great mapper.

i really hope you find more fun at building your maps instead flaming other ones.

Hey your servers doing really well and i enjoy
playing on it, but i was banned the other day
  :shock: and i cant think of a reason why?
could a admin check into it cause i would  really like
to get back on your server, Best seige server on
Napoleonic wars. Keep up the good work and thanks.
-Brett :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom