In Progress 84 Days in a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Even though I only played for 2325 in game days, somehow everyone aged by at least 20 years (I'm fifty). I found this in the code and I'm assuming it's the issue. It's saying in there that there are 84 days in a year. This issue has been happening since 1.5.6. To rule out mods as the culprit, I verified the files and then checked the code without launching the game. I only noticed it now because my siblings are in their forty's which is near the pregnancy age limit. I also uploaded my save game for reference.

// TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignTime
// Token: 0x040006D4 RID: 1748
public const int DaysInYear = 0x54;

Lol this is just how the game is, a season is 21 days, year is 84, baby bakery 35 days (I think?). I mean sure it's silly and surprising if you don't know, but it's been like this since day 1. :ROFLMAO:

You can make a case that the year is both too short for a single character campaign (as in Warband) and too long for generational play, but some kind of a compromise that suits neither playstyle. It's an interesting game design dilemma.
If I were Taleworlds I would force the traditionalist single-character crowd to play generational games by shortening the year further, while ensuring they wouldn't lose much character progress by dying (tutoring, education) and maybe even gain new advantages by playing as a heir.
There would be a negative reaction from the traditionalists and you'll need to explain to them they have lost nothing. The explainer thread would be titled "This is our vision *****es, deal with it :cool:" to ensure everyone reads it.

The city-managing characteristics should be considered as well. If a year is 84 days and it says to build level 2 walls is gonna take 84 days, is it truly 84 days? Should it state 1 year?

Whatever it is, I hope the devs consider this when they approach your question.

You can make a case that the year is both too short for a single character campaign (as in Warband) and too long for generational play, but some kind of a compromise that suits neither playstyle. It's an interesting game design dilemma.
If I were Taleworlds I would force the traditionalist single-character crowd to play generational games by shortening the year further, while ensuring they wouldn't lose much character progress by dying (tutoring, education) and maybe even gain new advantages by playing as a heir.
There would be a negative reaction from the traditionalists and you'll need to explain to them they have lost nothing. The explainer thread would be titled "This is our vision *****es, deal with it :cool:" to ensure everyone reads it.

If you extend time, you also would need to slow down travel time.

Back
Top Bottom