800 troop garrison

Users who are viewing this thread

ahmeddiab

Regular
so I decided to start a new campaign and go play with sayazn all was going well then a revolution started in kasthind i think I didn't pay it mutch attention and moved on but then more rebels came and this time to the sayazn vessels so i went and tried to siege back the city that got taken but i got shocked when i saw 800 troop garrison that is made of top of the line troops and is basically impossible to siege down so no military action got taken against it after a few days other forts rebelled and it also had 800 Harrison and it kept happening with more forts and towns rebelling until about 90% of all the provinces got taken over is this normal ? and shouldn't the rebels have won at this point and are the 800 garrison thing normal(side not I am using mr mundy mod but i think that doesn't change revolutionaries)(sorry for all grammar and spelling errors and sorry for rambling a bit)

ahmeddiab said:
so I decided to start a new campaign and go play with sayazn all was going well then a revolution started in kasthind i think I didn't pay it mutch attention and moved on but then more rebels came and this time to the sayazn vessels so i went and tried to siege back the city that got taken but i got shocked when i saw 800 troop garrison that is made of top of the line troops and is basically impossible to siege down so no military action got taken against it after a few days other forts rebelled and it also had 800 Harrison and it kept happening with more forts and towns rebelling until about 90% of all the provinces got taken over is this normal ? and shouldn't the rebels have won at this point and are the 800 garrison thing normal(side not I am using mr mundy mod but i think that doesn't change revolutionaries)(sorry for all grammar and spelling errors and sorry for rambling a bit)

800 troop garrison? that one hell of a defense force. Going to be a tough nut to crack. Not impossible though. I think you can wear them down with repeated assaults, just have to know when to retreat to get more troops. How much money do you have in weekly income? If it's around 3,000 a week and you have a good amount of saving you can just keep throwing Regiments at them, provided you have a sayaznid town nearby. If not, you can always use mercenaries.

Edo said:
ahmeddiab said:

800 troop garrison? that one hell of a defense force. Going to be a tough nut to crack. Not impossible though. I think you can wear them down with repeated assaults, just have to know when to retreat to get more troops. How much money do you have in weekly income? If it's around 3,000 a week and you have a good amount of saving you can just keep throwing Regiments at them, provided you have a sayaznid town nearby. If not, you can always use mercenaries.
yeah no i used to have 2 villages tht made me 2,000 a week but revolution took these over and the shah is refusing to give me land i even took 3 cites all on my own but he refuses to give any of them to me so no weakly cash and about 15k in the bank also i got 100 man army mostly made of elite sayazn regments hmm iam thinking i might try starving them cause they have 10 days worth of supplies but wont they go out and attack me ? i never did starving out before so i dont know how it works

The AI doesnt seem to handle the Revolution feature propperly either. I enlisted into a Gashjin Army during my current playthrough and within 140 Days, nearly half of the Sayaznid Provinces and around 1/3 of the Sayaznid Empire got taken over, exclusivly by the peasants rebelling.
Doesnt look better in Isthar either.

MrMundy said:
The AI doesnt seem to handle the Revolution feature propperly either. I enlisted into a Gashjin Army during my current playthrough and within 140 Days, nearly half of the Sayaznid Provinces and around 1/3 of the Sayaznid Empire got taken over, exclusivly by the peasants rebelling.
Doesnt look better in Isthar either.

Yeah, rebel are way too overactive. I think it's because the AI lords insist on razing every city they take to the ground. But a Rebel garrison shouldn't be made exclusively out of Native troops, in this case modern Kasthindi troops. It should be somewhere around 50% Local Troops and 50% Rebel troops.

yep i strved them out in about 30 days give or take for one fort it looked sad seeing 200 troops getting wounded in 3 days but whatever i got one of the forts problem is while i was getting this one onther 5(yes 5 I am not kidding) got taken over by rebels now the sayazn provinces have 2 forts and a 1 city revolution is op also iam completely broke i got like 1000 kora and my troops wil desert soon and then something even weirder happened the provinces declared war on me not on my overlord  faction sayazn but on me  i think that is surely a bug any way that didn't bother me cause they already wore weak and i took over the rest of the castles and towns on my own using a tactic called my ranged units are op i wil kill them slowly then retreat and do it all over again BUT THE SHAH DIDNT GIVE ME ANY OF THE THINGS I TOOK so i rage quit that playthrough for a while

so i got a new question that really is not worth a new post on the main board so i wil ask it here is there any way to make a faction modernise faster cause iam playing with sayazn and we are it war on all fronts the only 2 factions that are not it war with us are kasthind and the principality and they are starting to modrenise and hit us real hard so is there any way to push sayazn to modernise before we all die

Edo said:
Modernize your fief, switch fiefs with a lord, repeat.
yes i totally have hundreds of thousands of kora just lying around(sarcasm) iam asking if htare is any way to make the shah modrenise hte hole country when dose he even do it wht reasons make him modrenise

I think there is supposed to be a dialogue option to request a king to modernize, but if I recall correctly it requires the king to like you a lot and the kingdom must be doing very poorly in war. I've never been able to convince a king to modernize this way so it may have something to do with modernized fiefs.

Edo said:
I think there is supposed to be a dialogue option to request a king to modernize, but if I recall correctly it requires the king to like you a lot and the kingdom must be doing very poorly in war. I've never been able to convince a king to modernize this way so it may have something to do with modernized fiefs.
well we got the war part covered is we are it war with everyone like literally everyone besides kasthind relations are 36 so that is not good enof and iam working on getting my city modernised to see if it helps hope i can pull sayazn threw this cause some nations are starting to modernised and we are lagging behind heavily iam starting to need to use the Russian tactic of throw bodies it the problem until it is solved but it is not going that well

ahmeddiab said:
Edo said:
well we got the war part covered is we are it war with everyone like literally everyone besides kasthind relations are 36 so that is not good enof and iam working on getting my city modernised to see if it helps hope i can pull sayazn threw this cause some nations are starting to modernised and we are lagging behind heavily iam starting to need to use the Russian tactic of throw bodies it the problem until it is solved but it is not going that well

That's where the regiments come in handy if you've got the dough, considering you can recruit an army of elites in ten seconds, but considering your finances, i sure hope you have high relations with a few villages and towns. Human wave tactics only work if you reinforce faster than they enemy after all.

Edo said:
ahmeddiab said:
Edo said:

That's where the regiments come in handy if you've got the dough, considering you can recruit an army of elites in ten seconds, but considering your finances, i sure hope you have high relations with a few villages and towns. Human wave tactics only work if you reinforce faster than they enemy after all.
i never said iam poor iam just not filthy rich got bout 30k kora in my inventory and making about 10k each month from burning revolutionary villages so yes the regiments are a god send but while i got cash most of my vessel friends don't and we are slowly losing on multiple fronts and i can't be every where so that is why iam trying to push for modernisation

Back
Top Bottom