(80) Txt Tweaks for Europe 1200 Updated 06-20-2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Black_Scythe said:
Hey Subitai, does this have any impact on village prosperity? Thnx for all the good work!

Thanks man :grin:

I'm pretty sure it does not...it only raises your relation with the village.  Literally it makes it easier to get really high relations.

But the bonus is obviously that you'll be able to recruit higher numbers of villagers and also higher tier troops at a certain point.

Again though, I wouldn't really put the gain higher than + 3.  It makes the game too easy at that point. 

Other note:

I sometimes justify being able to rock up the numbers very quickly for certain occasions.  For example, if you have to restart a game or you intend to import a character because you lost your saved game.    Then I feel it's ok to do things like this just to get some of what you had back. 

....of course after you're back to where you want to be, turn the numbers back down.    :smile:

NEW TWEAK 3 parts Txt tweaks to increase your party size (REF # 89)
Options for increasing your party size via:  Renown, Base value amount and each pt of Leadership

On first page of this thread...5th page of tweaks down.

Hi,
If possible, I would like to know what part of the script I should edit to modify the minimum number of men ai lords must have to run to a settlement for recruiting. 
Thanks for your help

zedpaolo said:
Hi,
If possible, I would like to know what part of the script I should edit to modify the minimum number of men ai lords must have to run to a settlement for recruiting. 
Thanks for your help

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand your question???   

What does the number of men that an AI lords has...have to do with anything?

An AI lord either:  "IS" the lord of a settlement or not, to my knowledge...how many men he has doesn't affect the recruitment process at all.

An AI Lord could have 200 men or he could have just gotten his butt kicked and he's all alone, hiding in his castle trying to rest.  Regardless how much he may suck, he's still their lord.   

As far as I know, recruitment is handled by the prosperity of a village or town.    The richer and happier it is (also how much they LIKE YOU) the more men will be available. 

In your question who is doing the recruiting, the AI lord or You?  I don't understand.

Sorry Subitay,
I am not native english speaker.
What I meant is this:
A lord sometimes has too few men to fight but is still riding around. I would like to change the minimum amount of men that tweak his decision to go back to a settlement instead of keeping patroling.

zedpaolo said:
Sorry Subitay,
I am not native english speaker.
What I meant is this:
A lord sometimes has too few men to fight but is still riding around. I would like to change the minimum amount of men that tweak his decision to go back to a settlement instead of keeping patroling.

Ok, now I understand...but unfortunately I'm not aware of a way or Txt tweak to change that.

What you're asking for is some kind of "Limiter" that would NOT allow an AI lord to venture out until he had a certain number of troops...for example,  100. 

In all my tweak research I haven't seen anything that looks like that.  Sorry bro.

Once again, i'm sure that would be easy if someone used the module system.

Just a word of thanks - I'm doing a wee sub-mod for myself, and this thread was amazing, I can't believe I didn't find it sooner! Massive thanks for sharing your hard work; adds oodles of fun and play time to the game :smile:

Bisaltes said:
Just a word of thanks - I'm doing a wee sub-mod for myself, and this thread was amazing, I can't believe I didn't find it sooner! Massive thanks for sharing your hard work; adds oodles of fun and play time to the game :smile:

COOL i'm glad you're enjoying them.    Just a reminder...some of them need a new game start in order to take effect. 

If I get a chance, I might prioritize them in order of that.  Or at the very least place a "Notation" stating "A new game is required".

What's cool is, most of these tweaks were designed for Vanilla M & B, but here i've pretty much adapted them over to warband in an easy to see fashion.  I still use 1.153 but i'm fairly certain most of them convert over perfectly up to the latest version, so pretty much anybody can use them.

I'm still playing E1200 pretty regularly, but Bass Fishing season is about to start for me so i'm gonna slow down a bit soon.

I only have about 10 tweaks left if i'm lucky...after that i'm not sure what i'll do next.  But I still have a couple of tweaks I WISH I could figure out for E1200 on my own.     

Every time I take a break from WB...I come back refreshed and say "what a cool game this is".  E1200 makes it even sweeter! :smile:

NEW TWEAK   Change the amount of renown gained after battles (Ref # 10.6)

A way to change the amount of renown gained after battles

NEW TWEAK   Change persuasion to be based on charisma (or any stat) (Ref #20)

NEW TWEAK   Tweak to RAISE OR LOWER the chance of king giving you a property that you've captured. (Ref # 8:cool:

** Why is the LOWER Significant??? **   Because many times I have read where players are constantly being given their properties to them when in fact they don't really want them.  I've often heard of players complaining that they "Wish the King would NOT give them a captured castle and therefore the player would get the chance to rebel.  This tweak can help solve that problem. 

.......On first page of this thread...5th page of tweaks down.

Hey Subtai,
Is there a way to tweak the relationship gain for allowing a defeated lord to go free? I'm not sure what it is currently, but I want to bump it up a bit
Thanks

ollieives said:
Hey Subtai,
Is there a way to tweak the relationship gain for allowing a defeated lord to go free? I'm not sure what it is currently, but I want to bump it up a bit
Thanks

Hey ollieives,  Great News!  I researched it and found it pretty easy to convert over for E1200.  Look on 1st Thread page...the 5th page of tweaks down:
NEW TWEAKS  Misc Relations Hits or Gains....

(A) Relation hit when you capture someone  (Ref # 13.1)
(B) Relation gain for freeing a defeated Lord  (Ref #13.2)

Hallo,
I desperatelly seeking for tweak that can slow down map movement of parties. There is a script below. Any idea which numbers are arguments with influence on the speed?

game_get_party_speed_multiplier -1
6 23 2 1224979098644774912 1 1608 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774913 2 2075 1 180 3 0

Andrew the Knight said:
Hallo,
I desperatelly seeking for tweak that can slow down map movement of parties. There is a script below. Any idea which numbers are arguments with influence on the speed?

game_get_party_speed_multiplier -1
6 23 2 1224979098644774912 1 1608 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774913 2 2075 1 180 3 0

I've done some digging around for you but it doesn't look good from what I can tell. 

1st, i'm not sure that one you posted is the correct script.  Reason I think so is because I have early versions of Europe 1200 for example and i've compared them with the last version:  They are identical.

2nd (Back story) I had asked Korinov if he could slow down the speed of the bandits especially "BRIGANDS".    That he DID DO in the last version.  ***  I cross referenced all instances of brigands that I could think of in different files.    THEY WERE ALL THE SAME BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS.

I cannot seem to find how he slowed them down...I was hoping to use that as a  clue to help me find a tweak for you.

Do you want to slow down everyone on the map...including yourself?

BTW, I found some things that might be interesting for you:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33929.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46362.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=107399.0

==========================================

Last thing, I was searching around on the famous ol' 82 tweaks thread for info from the GOD of TWEAKS himself "TheMageLord"

USER: silky7  had asked this question:
Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 06:16:29 AM
.... I'd like to change is the contribution to speed from pathfinding. Any idea on that one?

In which TML replied:
I'm not sure about the speed bonus, I think that *might* be hard coded - I couldn't find any script named speed or anything. If anyone knows where it's modified, I'd be happy to provide a little color coded guide for it - I just can't find it :smile:

I know they weren't exactly talking about your question but as far as tweaks go...if HE didn't find much, then it doesn't bode well.

The last thing I could think of tweak wise would be to call upon someone that Modifies "MODS"...ask him to edit the speed of parties with the module system and then I have to go back and compare the files to see the differences after the changes have been made.  That would be a ton of work and even if I did ask, most of them would say to me "Just learn how to mod in python, there's plenty of tutorials"...blah, blah, blah.

Man I hate when they tell me that, i'm a tweaker!  :oops:

Your digging is highly appreciated. Thanks for it.
Yes, I want to reduce speed in general, of every party including myself, because it pisses me off when I can get from Lübeck to Prague in one day. I would like to have more realistic feeling from the mod, which is, apart from this matter, the brilliant one. I would like every party to take days to get from one city to another, like in real Middle Ages, when more than 40 kilometres per day was quite fast travel.
I have read the post from TheMageLord you mentioned but it get me no clue in fact. I realize the true speed adjustment is hardcoded somewhere in the source code and I realize that tweaking it through text file can cause some troubles with AI, as jacobhinds reminded me:

jacobhinds said:
Changing map speed to "realistic" levels is problematic because of how the AI functions. If you make it too slow the AI covers very little ground and can't easily find enemies, especially on campaign (...) It would also require the diplomatic code to be overhauled because an alliance could become war in the time it takes to get from one place to another. You'd end up with a really confused AI that wouldn't be able to get much done.

BUT, there is something I like in different mod - 1257 AD. There is just a little option in Game Options (in Camp menu) where you can adjust overall speed in % and it works. Maybe there are confusions described by jacobhinds bud it works. They found the way how to beat the native speed system. In fact this is the reason why I am seeking for tweak like this. I believe all historical accurate mods should have this adjuster because... well, for the sake of realism at least  :smile:

Subitai said:
1st, i'm not sure that one you posted is the correct script.  Reason I think so is because I have early versions of Europe 1200 for example and i've compared them with the last version:  They are identical.

I am quite sure I have posted what I found in the scripts.txt. Of course, it may not be the right script I am looking for in my case.

NEW TWEAK   Alter the troop tiers of Caravans  ( Ref # 64 )

Look on 1st Thread page...the 5th page of tweaks down

Since the Mod is in the process of RE-boot I have not tested this yet but i'm just putting it out there if anyone wants it.  Please post your results if you try it.

lnewlfe said:
Is it possible to tweak the amount of businesses allowed in a town?

Awesome work!

Wolfe

Haha Thanks bro, I wish but....NO that's not tweakable! 

That's a deeper part of the Warband Code that you cannot change with just txt tweaks alone.

Hey, Subitai, can you make a tweak that would allow us to change troops' equipment the same way we change companions? That would be awesome! Thnx for all the great work.

Black_Scythe said:
Hey, Subitai, can you make a tweak that would allow us to change troops' equipment the same way we change companions? That would be awesome! Thnx for all the great work.

Alright bro, just for you man!  :smile:  Yes I can do that.... sort of.

I've been sitting on this old tweak for  a while now,  Tweak Ref # (100) Equip regular troops like companions 
An old one from vanilla Mount and Blade that I modified to work for E1200 from Lord Kinlar

In Conversation.txt search for these lines below:

dlga_member_chat:regular_member_talk 4095 13  0 Your_orders_{sir/madam}?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:view_regular_char_requested 69631 1753  0 Tell_me_about_yourself  1754  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_view_regular_char_requested:do_regular_member_view_char 4095 1754  0 Aye_{sir/madam}._Let_me_tell_you_all_there_is_to_know_about_me.  1755  1 2046 0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_do_regular_member_view_char:regular_member_talk 4095 1755  0 Anything_else?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:close_window 69631 1753  0 Nothing._Keep_moving.  6  0 NO_VOICEOVER

Add lines in Blue and it should look like this when you're done:

dlga_member_chat:regular_member_talk 4095 13  0 Your_orders_{sir/madam}?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:regular_member_trade 69631 1753  0 Let_me_see_your_equipment.  1792  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_trade:regular_member_talk 4095 1792  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  1755  1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER

dlga_regular_member_talk:view_regular_char_requested 69631 1753  0 Tell_me_about_yourself  1754  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_view_regular_char_requested:do_regular_member_view_char 4095 1754  0 Aye_{sir/madam}._Let_me_tell_you_all_there_is_to_know_about_me.  1755  1 2046 0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_do_regular_member_view_char:regular_member_talk 4095 1755  0 Anything_else?  1753  0 NO_VOICEOVER
dlga_regular_member_talk:close_window 69631 1753  0 Nothing._Keep_moving.  6  0 NO_VOICEOVER

* DISCLAIMER...I haven't fully tested this completely, could make errors down the road.    But it does seem to work....use at your own discretion.

**  This is definitely a cheat / hack so it's mainly for FUN or Messing around with only. 

*** As always, save your conversation.txt 1st prior to testing and if not happy just revert back. 

Details:
-I changed the necessary numbers and also added a dialog line to make it work for Europe 1200.
- The results are varied...i'm not a 100% certain if you change one set of troops , THEN ALL THE TROOPS LOOK LIKE THAT.
-  It seems as if you have to click on "Let me see your equipment"  multiple times and take everything off of them.  When you do that however the MOD keeps putting stock equipment back on.  You can get a ton of free stuff with this...total cheat.

- I then added to some Welsh Verteran LongBowmen:  Gnezdovo Helmet (45 armor) and Lamellar (Armor 48...)  see pics.  For some of the troops it seemed to use my added armor, not for others. 

Pics:
mb22.jpg

mb21.jpg

Please leave feedback if you decide to try it...what effects does it have in your game?

Black_Scythe said:

By the way... there's another indirect way to do it.  There's another old tweak that I know of:

View and change the equipment of prisoners.  (Ref # 84)

BUT>>>>>>  supposedly if u change prisoner equipment, all other units with same name will also change.

It was designed mostly to be able to see what the prisoners have for equipment only.  I got this to work on the Mod: The Sword & Axe.  I don't think it's really needed here though.

Back
Top Bottom