7 new maps, Ranked and Battle mode, hundreds of balance changes

Users who are viewing this thread

None of these games' combat systems hold a candle to Warband or Bannerlord. I won't deny Bannerlord is rough around the edges, but keep in mind EA whereas Chivalry 2 is a fully released title. The improvements we will see over time to Bannerlord will dwarf the improvements Chivalry 2 players can expect.
Amen

None of these games' combat systems hold a candle to Warband or Bannerlord. I won't deny Bannerlord is rough around the edges, but keep in mind EA whereas Chivalry 2 is a fully released title. The improvements we will see over time to Bannerlord will dwarf the improvements Chivalry 2 players can expect.
I do own mordhau, chival 1 and chival 2, they look good BUT got old too fast, the line warband-bannerlord IS way better, devs are kind of droping the ball

I know that the attacking team for Ayzar Stronghold often needs to rely on backcappers to bypass the E/F/G meat grinder, but that map has its own set of issues I'm pretty sure aren't present in other maps. In any case, I recall some people requesting a more linear structure with Siege mode to stop people from just going straight to G, while also making preceding flags actually matter.
In theory - the new morale system should alleviate backcapping a little; and to my experience it has. Sure you can back-cap G; but if you have only taken 1-2 objectives it doesn't achieve anything first. Backcapping F (IMPO) is the better option for the attackers.

The sergeant's two handed sword should not be buffed. Sergeant is the only heavy infantry class with a 2h sword. The other factions have to deal with using 2h in skirmish classes that have slower movement speed, slower swing speed, and non existent armor (even less than the peasant classes). Doesn't make any sense to buff by far the single best 2h class in the game.

Literally one of the main good points of the patch was supposed to be jav melee removal, and now it's not there, wtf
Javelin melee is actually pretty good in an emergency situation, since a stance switch is sometimes more reliable than a weapon switch, though you'll be doing much less damage in an attempt to fend off an attacker.

Javelin melee is actually pretty good in an emergency situation, since a stance switch is sometimes more reliable than a weapon switch, though you'll be doing much less damage in an attempt to fend off an attacker.
Melee javs are broken, players are so unused to playing against them they actually perform very well with an experienced player using them lol

It's not necessarily a problem to have a melee mode on javs as a way to stop being 'bumped' when the enemy is close, it's just that no steps have been taken to stop them being actually really good in melee due to the broken animation and lack of stun on the stabs. Simply play Warband for 5 mins and take note of the melee javs in there, which were not broken at all.

Someone explain to me the following: what is the logic behind the current ranked system of not letting players leave and new players enter the match, especially in warmup? Most of the times the game end with a draw just when the warmup phase is over, as at least 1-2 players from either one of the teams will just leave. By not letting new players join in warmup, majority of games - unless players are not stacking in teams of 6 - will end before it starts...

Someone explain to me the following: what is the logic behind the current ranked system of not letting players leave and new players enter the match, especially in warmup? Most of the times the game end with a draw just when the warmup phase is over, as at least 1-2 players from either one of the teams will just leave. By not letting new players join in warmup, majority of games - unless players are not stacking in teams of 6 - will end before it starts...
This ranked is just bad Design choice overall. The amount of deathstacks from good Players who dont want balanced matches is unreal. I think 4 players can join as one stack thats way too much. But what do you expect from a mode that was made by the worst (Cat) Gamedesigner in TW.

This ranked is just bad Design choice overall. The amount of deathstacks from good Players who dont want balanced matches is unreal. I think 4 players can join as one stack thats way too much. But what do you expect from a mode that was made by the worst (Cat) Gamedesigner in TW.
These "good players" dont want balanced matches, they want the highest rank asap and slaughter as many noobs as they can in the process.

These "good players" dont want balanced matches, they want the highest rank asap and slaughter as many noobs as they can in the process.
I've maintained since the start of the 'clanstacking' phenomenon in Captain mode that these players were never good lol. There is nothing apparently 'good' about intentionally subverting a system to create a handicap bonus for yourself.

I've maintained since the start of the 'clanstacking' phenomenon in Captain mode that these players were never good lol. There is nothing apparently 'good' about intentionally subverting a system to create a handicap bonus for yourself.
I absolutely approve of duo queue and 6-stack queue, if the latter are matched against each other.
It's more fun playing with a friend also it's good if you wanna teach someone something or just have a good chat while playing.

I absolutely approve of duo queue and 6-stack queue, if the latter are matched against each other.
It's more fun playing with a friend also it's good if you wanna teach someone something or just have a good chat while playing.
The problem is that right now they are not being matched against each other. We currently have 6-stacks queueing into 6 randomly assembled players, hence the need for some separation between the two queues.

Back
Top Bottom