7 new maps, Ranked and Battle mode, hundreds of balance changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Love that you are addressing the balance issues. I may suggest a few imbalanced problems that you might have missed though:
-> Aserai mamluke's armor is still too low and weapon is short, especially huge deal in tdm/siege/battle modes. You might wanna buff it a little more or decrease price.
-> Xbow's weapon and armor must be nerfed. You did armor reduction for other elite archer units, why not for xbows as well. And you didn't address the too fast reloading speed of xbows and accuracy of them. They are a huge bummer in siege/tdm modes, where crossbows will single shot you across the field easily and then hide behind barricade and reload very fast, then repeat.
-> Berserker's cost is too much, they can die with 1 hit and considering sturgia has no looter perk, they are not a wise choice usually. I think they should be cheaper and their hammer must be buffed, they are too slow and cannot break through shields most of the time.

One other thing that is annoying is, shields cover more areas than their visuality and it is very unfortunate in multiplayer, since there is no way to know until where the shield will protect the bearer. Would be better if shields were bigger but they only protect exactly where its showing.

5kJXl.jpg

No pressure on TaleWorlds or anything, but I think I should mention that the Epic Exclusive counterpart to Bannerlord's multiplayer will stop being Epic Exclusive in 26 days from now. Unless TaleWorlds decides to finally drop their intentional imbalancing, the people currently playing Bannerlord's multiplayer won't because the other guys will finally release their game on Steam, thus killing their only reason to play BL MP.

No pressure on TaleWorlds or anything, but I think I should mention that the Epic Exclusive counterpart to Bannerlord's multiplayer will stop being Epic Exclusive in 26 days from now. Unless TaleWorlds decides to finally drop their intentional imbalancing, the people currently playing Bannerlord's multiplayer won't because the other guys will finally release their game on Steam, thus killing their only reason to play BL MP.
Are you getting paid by them? If not, you should contact them. Otherwise your post is pointless.

Are you getting paid by them? If not, you should contact them. Otherwise your post is pointless.
I'm saying that 26 days isn't a lot of time to fix all the issues that currently plague Bannerlord's multiplayer mode. As i've mentioned earlier, the main reason why people stick around for BL MP is due to a refusal to buy anything on the Epic Games Store. If TaleWorlds doesn't get their act together, the few people still playing Bannerlord MP might lose their only reason to play it.

I'm saying that 26 days isn't a lot of time to fix all the issues that currently plague Bannerlord's multiplayer mode. As i've mentioned earlier, the main reason why people stick around for BL MP is due to a refusal to buy anything on the Epic Games Store. If TaleWorlds doesn't get their act together, the few people still playing Bannerlord MP might lose their only reason to play it.
I also love baseless claims. I have seen you put this point forward multiple times but you have nothing to back it up.

I also love baseless claims. I have seen you put this point forward multiple times but you have nothing to back it up.
Lengthy queue times for matchmaking, and even getting 30 players in the TDM or Siege servers being a chore might point towards more people playing Chivalry 2 over Bannerlord multiplayer. Peak times for Bannerlord seem to be around 6 PM Mountain time on Weekends, where it's somewhere around 20v20 to 30v30 on siege and something like 30-40 players total in TDM. As i've mentioned before, the North American Skirmish/Captain siege is pretty barren.

Lengthy queue times for matchmaking, and even getting 30 players in the TDM or Siege servers being a chore might point towards more people playing Chivalry 2 over Bannerlord multiplayer. Peak times for Bannerlord seem to be around 6 PM Mountain time on Weekends, where it's somewhere around 20v20 to 30v30 on siege and something like 30-40 players total in TDM. As i've mentioned before, the North American Skirmish/Captain siege is pretty barren.
All of this is supposed to conclude to somehow a great migration to chivalry?

lol it is known

of course ppl will play the arcadey version more than the simulator

chiv2 is like warthunder

and bannelord is like il-2 sturmovik

maybe those boys don't like horses?
They don't like being spammed to death by a ranged OP death machine that has its skill requirement reduced the more archers there are in your team.

At least in Chivalry 2, archers CAN be annoying to fight against, though even the best archers can hardly ever make other classes unplayable. Meanwhile in Bannerlord, a firing squad of archers in on one team will force the other team to also play archers. I'm hoping that the e1.7.2 patches will make infantry more playable, though knowing my gripes about intentional imbalancing across multiple games, I'm also open to the possibility of the archer changes just being a light slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
They don't like being spammed to death by a ranged OP death machine that has its skill requirement reduced the more archers there are in your team.

At least in Chivalry 2, archers CAN be annoying to fight against, though even the best archers can hardly ever make other classes unplayable. Meanwhile in Bannerlord, a firing squad of archers in on one team will force the other team to also play archers. I'm hoping that the e1.7.2 patches will make infantry more playable, though knowing my gripes about intentional imbalancing across multiple games, I'm also open to the possibility of the archer changes just being a light slap on the wrist.
Just use a shield, they are so much more stronger then warband shields. Can tank literally dozen of arrows and you can just push the archer

I love playing against lots of archers. Yeah it’s sucks when you get sniped in a 1v1 with someone else but chasing them down is great. No shields or horses to get through.

As i've mentioned earlier, the main reason why people stick around for BL MP is due to a refusal to buy anything on the Epic Games Store.
Lol. Chivalry 1 was ****, Chivalry Deadliest Warrior was ****, Mordhau was ****, Chivalry 2 looks ****. Tell me more about how it's the M&B killer.

https://steamcharts.com/app/219640 How many people playing Chivalry 1 nowadays. 131 player peak in the last 24 hours.

https://steamcharts.com/app/48700 How many people playing Warband nowadays. roughly 5k in the last 24 hours.

I like Chivalry 2 - but it is extremely simplistic compared to M&B. And no the EPIC store is not the primary reason people aren't playing it - it has its own issues and slow updates. I also can't remember the last time I saw a full server on that game (baring in mind the servers only go up to 64 players).

I think this guy is just being disingenuous about his purpose for this part: "No pressure on TaleWorlds or anything":xf-wink:

Lol. Chivalry 1 was ****, Chivalry Deadliest Warrior was ****, Mordhau was ****, Chivalry 2 looks ****. Tell me more about how it's the M&B killer.

https://steamcharts.com/app/219640 How many people playing Chivalry 1 nowadays. 131 player peak in the last 24 hours.

https://steamcharts.com/app/48700 How many people playing Warband nowadays. roughly 5k in the last 24 hours.
I think it's common knowledge that a huge majority of M&B players in 2022 only play singleplayer. I am aware of how much of a following M&B multiplayer had back in the 2010s having actually played Warband's multiplayer at the time. Hell, I actually forgot Mordhau even existed due to playing on NeoGK's Warband server.

However, the reality surrounding Warband's multiplayer mode is that most of the people who played it even just two years ago have since moved onto other games, and Bannerlord isn't those other games.

Heck, I actually wonder if a decent chunk of Bannerlord's MP playerbase even played Warband, cuz the frequency of archer spam is a lot different between the two games. Going back to my experience with NeoGK's server, the amount of times when all-archer teams plagued the game were a lot more "few and far between" compared to my experience with Bannerlord. The more i think about Warband's multiplayer, the more it comes off to me that the main reason why it worked is because a lot of servers either had class limits or ran on the trust that both teams won't spam an overpowered class that renders other classes unplayable. In Bannerlord, such sense of honor doesn't exist at all, with the new game's playerbase being less interested in playing the game in favour of making the game unplayable for the enemy team.

But to go back on the Chivalry vs Bannerlord thing, I'm not too sure if people are confident about Siege being the superior Siege experience vs Chiv2's Team Objective. We all know how the "capture flags to maintain morale" thing works, though I don't remember anyone enjoying the fact that there's usually a group of people in a private discord group trying to backcap G thanks to some moles in the defending team whispering instructions to his friends on the attacking team. I know that the attacking team for Ayzar Stronghold often needs to rely on backcappers to bypass the E/F/G meat grinder, but that map has its own set of issues I'm pretty sure aren't present in other maps. In any case, I recall some people requesting a more linear structure with Siege mode to stop people from just going straight to G, while also making preceding flags actually matter.

I'd also comment on Last Team Standing vs Battle, though I'm HOPING that TaleWorlds will further flesh out the gold economy with e1.7.2 but as of e1.7.1, it's kind of a mess with some otherwise decent factions suddenly being terrible with the way late joiners are punished for not being in the Warmup phase. Battania, Aserai, and Vlandia certainly got better with how Battle's economy worked, Sturgia is mostly unchanged, Khuzait became a lot worse, and Empire's an instant Alt+F4.

None of these games' combat systems hold a candle to Warband or Bannerlord. I won't deny Bannerlord is rough around the edges, but keep in mind EA whereas Chivalry 2 is a fully released title. The improvements we will see over time to Bannerlord will dwarf the improvements Chivalry 2 players can expect.

Heck, I actually wonder if a decent chunk of Bannerlord's MP playerbase even played Warband, cuz the frequency of archer spam is a lot different between the two games. Going back to my experience with NeoGK's server, the amount of times when all-archer teams plagued the game were a lot more "few and far between" compared to my experience with Bannerlord. The more i think about Warband's multiplayer, the more it comes off to me that the main reason why it worked is because a lot of servers either had class limits or ran on the trust that both teams won't spam an overpowered class that renders other classes unplayable. In Bannerlord, such sense of honor doesn't exist at all, with the new game's playerbase being less interested in playing the game in favour of making the game unplayable for the enemy team.
Archers were better in WB than they are in BL, and most servers did not have class limits. They were simply countered by cav and infantry, as they are in BL. You are bad at the game.

Back
Top Bottom