7 new maps, Ranked and Battle mode, hundreds of balance changes

Users who are viewing this thread

I dunno about that.

-Woodsplitter Axe and Battanian Shortsword have the benefit of being attached to an extra 9 points of armor (I think it's 23 for Sturgian Warrior, 24 for Clan Warrior)
-The Targe is admittedly not all that great, though a Mace/Axe Clan Warrior can be one of the better duelists relative to other peasants thanks to having a faster axe than what the Tribal has, along with one of the best maces in the game, esp. considering that it's one of the few maces to dodge the universal blunt weapon nerf
-The Sturgian Warrior's basic shield admittedly has worse coverage than the Recruit's shield, but has greater durability and is still acceptable vs. arrows in a pinch, picking a weapon perk means you'll still have a bit more armor than the Recruit, as well as a much better melee weapon than the wimpy gladius
-Rabble costs less, and the Khuzait Sickle's probably one of the best peasant axes in the game. I'd argue that it's at least strong enough that you might feel ballsy enough to forego a basic shield or pike just to get a bit of extra gold in Skirmish. There's a reason why Captain players fear the Rabble Rush.
-I'm not too sure where the Vlandian Peasant Levy stands rn. I know people are annoyed about the fact that he costs 80 gold, though the points in favour of him include the one-handed sickle still being decently strong for a base weapon, and the Western Hammer being the fastest blunt weapon in the game. Doesn't help that the universal blunt weapon nerf barely scratched that thing at all, either so it might end up being the best blunt weapon in the game, too. Only downside of the Peasant Levy would be that the only perk that's ever worth taking would be Village Militia, and that's just for the 100HP shield.
-In cases where people are spawning as cavalry, the Recruit actually has the worst anti-cav weapon in the game out of all the peasants, not counting the Peasant Levy's complete lack thereof
--Peasant Levy: N/A
--Recruit: 154 one-handed (Also replaces the recruit's main source of damage with what'd better be a one-hit kill on throw)
--Warrior: 174 one-handed
--Tribal Warrior: 195 one-handed
--Rabble: 256 two-handed
--Clan Warrior: 274 two-handed

The only time I could make Recruit REMOTELY workable was by picking the Stronger Javelins/Spatha perk and even then, I felt like the Recruit's killing power is still noticably worse than what the peasants of other factions have. It takes 5 recruits to kill one voulgier from my experience with Bannerlord, but other peasants don't seem to have this problem.
Just because recruit is bad in captain mod it doesnt matter. From a skirmish point of view it is fine. You get spatha on recruit on captain mode? Not long sword? if you would get long sword on recruit in skirmish it would be a better unit than legionary cost wise probably.

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome! Also i want to thank @NIN3 for the hard work, and wishing all the luck for the future endeavors. I’ll be happy to see you around any time, thank you!

It's very nice to see so many people are really interested in multiplayer and how it develops, also very encouraged to give helpful feedbacks and basically try to help out. I’m also planning to stay in touch with the community and get as many comments as possible at all times.

About the upcoming patch 1.7.2, even though Paul did a great job explaining all the details in the changelog, if you have any questions/comments, feel free to communicate and i'll try my best to contact back with solutions/answers as much as i can.

Thank you all for the welcomes again! :party:

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome! Also i want to thank @NIN3 for the hard work, and wishing all the luck for the future endeavors. I’ll be happy to see you around any time, thank you!

It's very nice to see so many people are really interested in multiplayer and how it develops, also very encouraged to give helpful feedbacks and basically try to help out. I’m also planning to stay in touch with the community and get as many comments as possible at all times.

About the upcoming patch 1.7.2, even though Paul did a great job explaining all the details in the changelog, if you have any questions/comments, feel free to communicate and i'll try my best to contact back with solutions/answers as much as i can.

Hello and welcome!
Buckle I seem to have missed where Slings got added back to the game in 1.7.2. Can you show me where we definitely added slings back to the game for Captain mode in the upcoming 1.7.2 patch please???????? :xf-grin:

(PLEASE BUCKLE WE NEED THIS)

(BUCKLE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE EVERYONE'S FAVORITE DEV!?!?)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Hello,

There is any plan to make this type of balance multiplayer patch (changes to perks/equipments or troops count) more often and detached by the main single player patch?
From my little understanding changes to perks, weapons, armors and troops count could be done without any impact on the singleplayer side of the game, correct me if i'm wrong.

Hi everyone!

1.7.2when

@NIN3 vielen dank für deine harte Arbeit und Engagement. (Lass dich mal wieder ingame blicken, du hast noch offene Rechnungen ☺️)

@badbuckle best of luck with this mess!

Can we finally expect major changes to the class system? Something like the classic Warband mode that includes a similar armory system?
The current class system is the biggest fun killer and a downgrade. The variety and individuality made warband mp so fun, adaptable and ultimately successful. I miss that so much in BL.

@badbuckle please consider what the other community members are asking.

1.Separate MP from SP patches, obviously make MP patches more often.
2.Add Slings
3.Make helmets, hats and shoulder armor, OPTIONAL.
4.Add Bastardswords

also, when patch??????

Hi everyone!

When can we expect the full release of private servers? When can we expect the modding and mapping tools for said server?

@badbuckle Care to explain to me why the Imperial Recruit is specced the way he is? For the longest time, I felt like he's intentionally bad for the purposes of representing the lore of how the Calradian Empire has such a massive army that they don't even have the resources to adequately train and equip their new recruits, instead hoping to overwhelm a better-trained and better equipped army with sheer force of numbers, which I still don't think translates very well in a 6v6 setting.

Hi everyone!

Dude, when? it has been 2 months since the last update....

@badbuckle Care to explain to me why the Imperial Recruit is specced the way he is? For the longest time, I felt like he's intentionally bad for the purposes of representing the lore of how the Calradian Empire has such a massive army that they don't even have the resources to adequately train and equip their new recruits, instead hoping to overwhelm a better-trained and better equipped army with sheer force of numbers, which I still don't think translates very well in a 6v6 setting.
Please just stop, you've no idea what you are talking about

Dude just came in and is already being threatened with questions lmao let the guy breathe

Back
Top Bottom