6v6 mode, multiple lives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to forget that they announced cavalry with 2handed lances for atleast one faction, obviously great for competitive. you cant even change it because of preset equip.

I will love the Bannerlord new battle (or commander') MP mode: you get a sort of Totalwar Feeling, but with a much, much deeper Immersion.

here my question: do the bots have morale in the commander mode, in SP as well than in MP? I could not find this queastion here, but if being encircled, flanked, tired and having had losses do not panick the troops and bring them to flee the battlefield, tactics will be extremely lame and boring...

I hope a morale system ( and a tyring as well ) is included also for the commander mode (now it is battle mode...) :smile:

But I also want to sign the document "please give us the old battle System as well". It is the "heart" of MP warband, good things shouldn't get lost.

Kind regards.

Beron said:
I will love the Bannerlord new battle (or commander') MP mode: you get a sort of Totalwar Feeling, but with a much, much deeper Immersion.

here my question: do the bots have morale in the commander mode, in SP as well than in MP? I could not find this queastion here, but if being encircled, flanked, tired and having had losses do not panick the troops and bring them to flee the battlefield, tactics will be extremely lame and boring...

I hope a morale system ( and a tyring as well ) is included also for the commander mode (now it is battle mode...) :smile:

But I also want to sign the document "please give us the old battle System as well". It is the "heart" of MP warband, good things shouldn't get lost.

Kind regards.

It would be better if you ask in Bannerlord Subforum, not here sir.

With skirmish is there not the potential for one team to (if way more skilled than the other team) to cap all three flags and spawn camp the other team? In what way is this competitive and interesting to play or even spectate.
Atleast in battle mode you can learn from losing from a dominant team atleast somewhat, but you cant learn from losing one team fight and being spawn camped.

It'll also be fairly boring for evenly matched teams if its a 3 flag system with each team presumably having an easy access flag then having to contest the middle one as it'll just be constant mid fights untill someone runs out of lives, very one dimensional.

also, this

"For Skirmish mode we have decided to use preset classes with perks to customize them a little. We think this will give us greater control over the balance of the game and help us to prevent the snowballing which can take place once one team starts to outperform the other. There will still be economy management though, but just in a slightly different way. Players start with a set amount of money, and you can carry some of this over to the next round by choosing not to respawn (but there is a cap). This means you could throw a round away to be stronger in the next one, or you could choose to go with cheaper troops to give yourself an extra respawn in that round. Skirmish also has control points on the map and a morale system. We think all of these systems combined will encourage more fights give more options for team tactics and strategy."

Just by this bit alone we can see we have no clue what this game mode actually is, theres clearly more structure than constant respawns which is not clearly explained at all. It looks like they've taken inspiration from CS:GO with **** like eco rounds..? Yet its explained as like, a tdm with flags kind of thing? but with rounds? what is this game mode
1) How many "rounds" will a full match consist of?
2) How many lives and how much time could a typical "Round" take
3) How does the respawn system work? Is it in sort of waves or just respawn timer

Normanguy said:
With skirmish is there not the potential for one team to (if way more skilled than the other team) to cap all three flags and spawn camp the other team? In what way is this competitive and interesting to play or even spectate.
Atleast in battle mode you can learn from losing from a dominant team atleast somewhat, but you cant learn from losing one team fight and being spawn camped.

It'll also be fairly boring for evenly matched teams if its a 3 flag system with each team presumably having an easy access flag then having to contest the middle one as it'll just be constant mid fights untill someone runs out of lives, very one dimensional.

also, this

"For Skirmish mode we have decided to use preset classes with perks to customize them a little. We think this will give us greater control over the balance of the game and help us to prevent the snowballing which can take place once one team starts to outperform the other. There will still be economy management though, but just in a slightly different way. Players start with a set amount of money, and you can carry some of this over to the next round by choosing not to respawn (but there is a cap). This means you could throw a round away to be stronger in the next one, or you could choose to go with cheaper troops to give yourself an extra respawn in that round. Skirmish also has control points on the map and a morale system. We think all of these systems combined will encourage more fights give more options for team tactics and strategy."

Just by this bit alone we can see we have no clue what this game mode actually is, theres clearly more structure than constant respawns which is not clearly explained at all. It looks like they've taken inspiration from CS:GO with **** like eco rounds..? Yet its explained as like, a tdm with flags kind of thing? but with rounds? what is this game mode
1) How many "rounds" will a full match consist of?
2) How many lives and how much time could a typical "Round" take
3) How does the respawn system work? Is it in sort of waves or just respawn timer

If you've ever played Overwatch, I think you've answered yourself one of the questions.

Calamity said:
To OGL's point and many others..

Forced 6v6 Skirmish for competitive and not including Battle is questionable at best. The community has long since fostered and championed many additions to battle and still maintains it to this day. All of our tournaments are battle and will continue to be so for the remaining time period left on this game. Home made rules, maps, mods and amazing additions by the community still amaze me to this day.

Forcing the community to mod battle in will create two huge problems:

1). Huge barrier of entry to anyone new. Downloading and installing a mod will create instant issues and will dissuade new players from even trying.  As everyone knows.. the only community left is EU in Warband and that won't last forever. We NEED new blood.

2). If the new Skirmish is polarizing (which based on the posts I'm assuming it will be no matter what happens) splitting up the community is not going to be a good thing at all. Launch day needs to be a success and have everyone on the same page. I personally have nothing wrong with a new competitive mode but battle seems very easy to put in if the groundwork is already there. Why not put in the small amount effort for a huge gain? Yes, matchmaking should be included also. We already had Grimsight make a matchmaking system for Native battle why should we have to do so again?

If the final decision is to not include Battle (either way really.. a beta can only improve your game) I highly recommend you have a full beta to test out what this skirmish mode is all about. It's almost entirely based on speculation but I fear it's not looking good. Some of the responses here come from people who have spent thousands of hours (myself included) playing battle and have worked tirelessly to make it fun and viable in a competitive atmosphere. Our community will give you information that will be incredibly important going forward.

I'd be just as disappointed if siege wasn't in too and I'm not a huge fan personally. They are both stables of Mount & Blade.

More to come.. maybe.

You are not my favourite moderator for no reason  :lol:

I've made a thread suggesting another type of mode, which also has a vote about what game modes the devs should keep/use.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375173.0.html

Current topics dealing with removing battle

Rhade's post about removing battle: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375172.0.html
Rallix's post suggesting other game modes: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375173.0.html
Petition to keep battle: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375118.0.html
Sundek's constructive complaint and discussion about removing battle thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375139.0.html

If you value battle and want to see it stay or have any other feedback post on this or the other threads with constructive thoughts as you've been doing the last day. Progress is being made.

One correction there Surkan, bot battles existed pre-nw, through community mods and/or events by utilizing the already present bot system

Most of you saw the PM I sent saying that there will be no Battle mode in the same way as it was in Warband. While this is in part true, it appears to be completely misleading, so please allow me to clarify the situation.

There will be no single-life game mode in matchmaking, but there will be one for custom games (among other game modes, such as Team Deathmatch). The final design for this game mode isn't set in stone yet so you shouldn't expect to see a Battle mode which is identical to the one we have in Warband. Naturally, we will take community input on these matters into account as we strive to create an experience that is enjoyable for our fans. We also have an extensive list of server settings, so you should be able to customise any of our game modes to suit your needs (playercount, gold amounts etc.). If any of the custom modes turn out to be the game mode that clans want to use in tournaments or which our event organisers want to use for events (such as line battles), then we will work to support them with that when the time comes.

The item system from Warband has now been changed to a class-based system, with a perk list to customise your character (such as access to different weapons or better armour). This is the system we will be using across all of our multiplayer game modes. The reasons for this change are: to help with the general balance of the game (between units and teams); to prevent snowballing; to make multiplayer accessible to a wider ranger of players; and to provide a system where players can know what to expect when playing as or against each different type of unit (and develop strategies and tactics based on this). I will also note that there still are a significant range of options across the classes and perks – which may be expanded upon based on community feedback and testing results.

We want to make it clear that our aim is not to alienate our existing playerbase through our efforts to attract new players to the game. We will always listen to your feedback and try to work with you to create a game which you will enjoy playing for years to come. But, with that being said, we also have our own thoughts and ideas that we would like to put out there and we are confident that game modes like Skirmish will be well received if you are willing to give them a chance.

It would be really helpful if you could leave any feedback or thoughts about this over in this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375184.0.html rather than spread out over the handful of threads which are currently discussing this issue. Thanks!

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
The item system from Warband has now been changed to a class-based system, with a perk list to customise your character (such as access to different weapons or better armour). This is the system we will be using across all of our multiplayer game modes. The reasons for this change are: to help with the general balance of the game (between units and teams); to prevent snowballing; to make multiplayer accessible to a wider ranger of players; and to provide a system where players can know what to expect when playing as or against each different type of unit (and develop strategies and tactics based on this). I will also note that there still are a significant range of options across the classes and perks – which may be expanded upon based on community feedback and testing results.

I wonder why crpg and mercenaries are heavily populated multiplayer mods, oh it may have to do with the customization opportunity that was given to us. Let's just ****ing remove it. Looks like we're heading into some ****ty war of the roses / for honor merge, we all know how those games turned out hahah

From what Callum said before, it won’t be a problem to make a mod with equipment customization... I don’t agree with this perk system, but we’ll see. No need to start flaming, show your intelligence differently, not with the amount of swearing in one sentence, ty Shema.

๖Kern said:
From what Callum said before, it won’t be a problem to make a mod with equipment customization... I don’t agree with this perk system, but we’ll see. No need to start flaming, show your intelligence differently, not with the amount of swearing in one sentence, ty Shema.
But as said before too, making a mod will split the community. We want the biggest competitive scene possible. That will not happen if we have to mod it ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom