6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

Users who are viewing this thread

If they had dropped a Persistent Kingdom mode done by them, with the support of the original mod developers since it was their idea, RP elements, allow players to play instruments and a proximity voice chat, Bannerlord would have been so popular between streamers.
This. As Sodapoppin so finely responded as a streamer:
clips.twitch.tv/ProudHorribleJackalDerp

Wow, this guy has 2 million+ subscribers lmao. Maybe that is going to call Taleworlds attention? MAYBE? ONE DAY?

Apparently they considered Warband's multiplayer to have 'failed' because I guess it did not attract a huge fanbase. These were the context of their words, but this dates back pre-bannerlord beta when players REALLY were heated about Classes, skirmish and the lack of battle mode.
You know what I think? I think the devs of this game have an outdated idea of what is fun to do in a videogame, you know LoL and that type of game is succesful and makes people addicted to play because they have cosmetics, because ranked is VERY engaging and it gives you loot and money and those stuff that make you keep playing, but Bannerlord has nothing of that in order to keep the players playing, its just a dull matchmaking with no progression rather than badges, and sorry, but badges are dumb boring and who gives a real crap about them. This has been said before but didnt they pay attention to mods?

Look at the amount of people playing this potato looking game? How is this not a success? PW was THE idea for a game, but noo we have to copy every other game in the market, instead of giving an unique experience, they attempted to copy others and they obviously did it wrong. You know if they had given that streamer guy a PW mode right away he would have been hooked, encountering people online and interacting in stupid or funny ways explodes in the internet, since you can react every single time and you have a character to play, if they had given invasion PVE where he needs to stick with other players without worrying about getting good and getting ThEm BadGes he would have instead FUN.
I'll repeat, the multiplayer in this game is the most uncreative thing I've seen in my life, its dull, boring and I have no doubt it will be dead in a matter of months unless they actually start doing something interesting and listening to the community. No offense to any hard worker in this company, do not take it personal, but this is the most devoid of life multiplayer game I've seen that shamefully had the potential to be amazing, but you might as well throw this multiplayer to the trash.

Last edited:
Wait did they really called Warband a failure? Literally a month ago South Americans were holding a tournament, how is that a failure? Maybe they were so angry that we were still playing Warband they just refused to give us a server in Bannerlord lmao. I bet SA is still playing Warband matchmaking, and I know because I know a lot of them, that they DO own Bannerlord
I think they considered Warband MP a failure because it was greatly dwarfed by the SP playerbase. I believe Callum said that no one was actively monitoring MP player counts before he joined the company (in 2016 or 2017 I believe), so his data came from after Warband's MP heyday.

This comes off as incessant whining and not particularly helpful criticism. They just launched a big patch with a lot of fixes that players had been requesting.

The issue seems to be your understanding of the development cycle and the amount of time it takes to actually produce content or make changes.

They've done a lot of good work and obviously they will continue working on it.

The glory days of Warband were the result of many, many years of effort. We're still in early access as you mentioned. The developers are listening, many of the changes for 1.5 were the result of extensive criticism from the forums.

But if we are really passionate about M&B and are sincere with our concerns, we should strive to provide constructive criticism in a way that is not derogatory, condescending, or useless.

I can relate to that comment of Sodapoppin. Because it is true. I have 2k hours on warband MP and never felt bored. I jumped from mod to mod but still, vanilla warband on Ludus or IG never felt boring. Bannerlord is boring because of classes, extremely turtle-paced slow speeds of infantry and no adrenaline rush. I have said a thousand times before, the game needs better animation because the characters look like they are bored when they move and faster speeds, along with smaller TTKs. Because I feel it's boring too, but I never felt this with warband.

Look at the amount of people playing this potato looking game? How is this not a success? PW was THE idea for a game, but noo we have to copy every other game in the market, instead of giving an unique experience, they attempted to copy others and they obviously did it wrong. You know if they had given that streamer guy a PW mode right away he would have been hooked, encountering people online and interacting in stupid or funny ways explodes in the internet, since you can react every single time and you have a character to play, if they had given invasion PVE where he needs to stick with other players without worrying about getting good and getting ThEm BadGes he would have instead FUN.
I'll repeat, the multiplayer in this game is the most uncreative thing I've seen in my life, its dull, boring and I have no doubt it will be dead in a matter of months unless they actually start doing something interesting and listening to the community. No offense to any hard worker in this company, do not take it personal, but this is the most devoid of life multiplayer game I've seen that shamefully had the potential to be amazing, but you might as well throw this multiplayer to the trash.

PW was the version of a hardcore sandbox mmo, in a small scale. Mainly focused on conquering castles and combat while have a bit of farming but nothing grindy. It's literally the best aspect of a sandbox mmo, without the grind. PW was the sh*t, man. I loved PW to death. But not everyone shares the same feelings, for example I would mix PW and a mod like mercenaries, to have a more 'persistent' feeling to your own character. That would be my dream mod.

This comes off as incessant whining and not particularly helpful criticism. They just launched a big patch with a lot of fixes that players had been requesting.

The issue seems to be your understanding of the development cycle and the amount of time it takes to actually produce content or make changes.

The glory days of Warband were the result of many, many years of effort. We're still in early access as you mentioned. The developers are listening, many of the changes for 1.5 were the result of extensive criticism from the forums.

But if we are really passionate about M&B and are sincere with our concerns, we should strive to provide constructive criticism in a way that is not derogatory, condescending, or useless.

The thing they introduced last patch is nothing we asked for. We did not ask for a mindless spamming game, nor we asked for crush through on 2 handers. The constructive criticism you speak of was given back in beta 2019. Now we are fed up.

If they had dropped a Persistent Kingdom mode done by them, with the support of the original mod developers since it was their idea, RP elements, allow players to play instruments and a proximity voice chat, Bannerlord would have been so popular between streamers.

This.

Right now I just play Last Oasis even though the game has less then 1k players but in a far better state then this (IMO)

Hope for some good content in the Future of Bannerlord I still have hope it'll turn around.

The fact they have improved their system and people still hate it really tells how we all hate this class load out system, how we all hate the stance, how we all hate the lack of battle mode and how we all hate how they're still pushing this into our throats, no one is saying they're not working, they're trying very hard to fix the game but the thing is, the game is bad and boring by default.
Nobody asked for this, they completely neglected the community feedback several times, praising the new system they had created and this kind of thread is the consequence of it. I mean, all the competitive scene moved back to Warband right after the beta because they just didn't care about them, and this system whole purpose is to be competitive! What in the hell? At this moment, like DainMorgot said, we're all fed up, and only modders will save the multiplayer from dying.

I wonder what would happen if we assemble a team and try to talk to Armagan directly somehow. I am very interested to see if he knows of all the **** that goes on.

This.
Late response, but can I screenshot this and use it as my forum signature?

If i understand correctly 10 years isn't enough to complete the full development cycle?

Stop joking to yourself. Taleworlds has had 10 years to look back at warband and see what made it great. They took 0 of that.

I agree, in a few years time, this game will be probably legendary, in part due to the amazing modding community. But now it's kind of a mess, at least the MP access. I am lenient because it is, after all, early access. But the things needed to solve MP are just very simple fixes.

They should focus on Captain's Mode instead of skirmish. They haven't given us a single map for CM since launch. In CM premade classes make sense. They are fixing archery and ranged combat, so let's see how that turns out. But they need to really give the mode more love, ranked mode, MANY more maps, a reason to play other than little badges that count for nothing.

But for what they call "skirmish" they should just let people choose their equipment based on gold, the good ol' magic formula. Also, battle mode needs to happen soon.

With this simple advice they could pick their game up from the ground. Let's hope they listen.

Back
Top Bottom