6 easy and urgent fixes, that will bring more players to MP

Users who are viewing this thread

1. fix the worn texture of shields
2. increase loot gains in TDM
3. add more maps to TDM
4. remove faction hats option, look awful, make it client-side if you must
5. add more items to unlock
6 and finally allow for body morphs to be used on MP. short, tall, thin and fat

there you have it, servers will be full again, unless that's not a thing you Devs want?

The number 1 thing they should do
"remove the ranking system"
there it's fixed... and people can join up with their friends again and play a game of captain or skirmish...

Faction balancing also needs looking at, though we're at the point where it's safe to assume that the imbalances currently in place are intentional

I hear you guys

fixing the servers and the special modes: captain and skirmish is a given, no question about it, to elaborate, most of my unlocked custom items I got playing captain mode, insane loot there. I guess Taleworlds dont want to spend money relaunching or making a marketing campaign for those modes

also, the evolving process of adjusting and tweaking weapon and armor values per faction is needed (and it never ends), I really miss Bastard Swords and Throwing axes.

main problem of bannerlord is developers want the community playing the campaign, over and over, multiplayer needs love.

And giving more customization options is an easier way to at least get some of the players back.

also, the evolving process of adjusting and tweaking weapon and armor values per faction is needed (and it never ends), I really miss Bastard Swords and Throwing axes.
See, there's a problem with that. Certain factions and units are stronger weaker than similarly priced units because TaleWorlds WANTS those imbalances to be in place.

I do wish bastard weapons could return personally, and I think Empire, Battania, and Aserai would benefit the most from their reintroduction.

Last edited:
I resurrected, went out of my way and created account only to respond to this noob.

See, there's a problem with that. Certain factions and units are stronger weaker than similarly priced units because TaleWorlds WANTS those imbalances to be in place.
IF thats the case, so what? Many games are like that. No Im not going to list them for you. Deal with it. Gamers adapt. Grow some skin. Please move on, you made your point long time ago but you keep bring it up at every. chance. you. get. Im tired of reading the same nonsens over and over again. I rather have nothing to read than this dumb crap.

I do wish bastard weapons could return personally, and I think Empire, Battania, and Aserai would benefit the most from their reintroduction.
You realise that Empire has one of, if not the, strongest infantry unit in the game, right? You just complained about unit unbalance and now you suggest a unit unbalance.

I really enjoyed the captains mode but it takes so long to get a game if you can get one at all. I think if TW made the multiplayer free and cross platform and added cosmetic you could ern points to buy or buy Bannerlord points. Also buy the mods and give a percentage of any sales to the modder or modder group under contract that they update there mod when required. Multiplayer would blast off like a rocket. Its good but every time lately i tried to get a game it wasn't working or taking forever.

You realise that Empire has one of, if not the, strongest infantry unit in the game, right? You just complained about unit unbalance and now you suggest a unit unbalance.
Empire has one fatal flaw that makes them actually the worst faction in the game. Since TaleWorlds is insistent on keeping Empire's fatal flaw, everything would need to be buffed around that.
IF thats the case, so what? Many games are like that. No Im not going to list them for you. Deal with it. Gamers adapt. Grow some skin.
Yeah, the problem with TaleWorlds insisting on keeping their intentional imbalance is that a competing game already exists and has replaced Bannerlord's multiplayer in all but name. The devs will need to swallow their pride and actually balance their game if they want any chance of being relevant again. A shame too, because I actually found Bannerlord combat to be more skill-based rather than being a stamina damage race.

3 changes that would quickly revive the game :

1) Fixing server crashes

2) Removing ranked
It would instantly revive skirmish and captain mode.

3) Equilibrating the number of players in each team in team deathmatch
We too often see things like 40 vs 30 or even worse, this is just ridiculous. Teams are equilibrated in siege, it should be the same in tdm.

I really enjoyed the captains mode but it takes so long to get a game if you can get one at all. I think if TW made the multiplayer free and cross platform and added cosmetic you could ern points to buy or buy Bannerlord points. Also buy the mods and give a percentage of any sales to the modder or modder group under contract that they update there mod when required. Multiplayer would blast off like a rocket. Its good but every time lately i tried to get a game it wasn't working or taking forever.
Yes, I suggested ages ago that Taleworlds should copy from other games:

the XP events, (easter, halloween, xmas)
2X Loot weekends
Loot micro transactions

also crossplay for MP would be awesome as most my friends have consoles.

I know the servers still crash, unit and faction imbalance, etc.

but I just have this hunch that if offered people would return, I mean full customization and more items.

1.fix the shield textures
2.add more maps
3.make items optional, shoulder armor and head.
4.custom body morphs
5.MP replays, track recording

The only balance the is screwed up is the team balance. Any and every competitive MPer will acknowledge this instantly just by joining a server and be presented with the "Select a Team" window. She wont be facepalming here because she already facepalmed at the previous "Vote for a Faction" and she is already still facepalming when the Select A Team Pops up. This is where she will move the mouse cursor to the "Quit" button, click it and try forget that she launched the game. She then go to the fora and is presented with multiple piles of dog**** spasms of blatant ignorance and this is when she decide to try play something else.

If Bannerlord had a decent team balance, people would actually respect it for what it is. The actual people, not people who doesnt understand the game. People who can adapt and doesnt complain about class/gear design choices. The fact that people can pick the team they want create a massive unbalance. Most people, even some of the strongest active players on the server, will join the team with the strongest players. If you think otherwise you are ignorant and shouldnt be developing MP videogames at this level.

Last edited:
So if you so choose to develop a competitive MP game where the factions and/or gear/classes are intentionally unbalanced, you can do it! Why not?! Artistic freedom and all that, its your game. You can do what you want with it. Ill play it regardless.

But dont expect us to play it when you, knowing that you intentionally unbalanced the factions, make it possible for a 2023 Discord crowd to ****ing VOTE on said unbalanced factions. Make it random factions please. If you want to get competitive players.

Dont expect us to play it when you make it possible to above mentioned Discord crowd to pick a team and stack it to astronomical unbalanced levels. Your competitive game may be somewhat active. But its played by plebs and cheaters. Plebs who doesnt make content and if they did, it would suck.

Would need to be done on a per-matchup basis IMO. Since some factions are clearly better than others, the weaker faction would need to outnumber the stronger one to balance out

Definitely not. Both teams should have the same number of players whatever the factions are. Just like on any other multiplayer game.

Definitely not. Both teams should have the same number of players whatever the factions are. Just like on any other multiplayer game.
On an even headcount MU between Vlandia and Empire, Vlandia would win 9/10 times. Cases like that, I think Empire would benefit from having more numbers to make up for their weaker units, especially since they seem to be designed around having a weak army that has far more soldiers than they do the weapons and armor to adequately arm them.

Back
Top Bottom