POTZAN
POTAINO
POTI_GOBLETSON
POTRAIDER

MORE TO COME
I read the rules and I understand them:Sure Thing
Excellent!

Blead said:
Because (and for this I use AE as a example, not because I feel any dislike for their members, but when I think of Pro clan I think of AE) when AE would join this tournament and make a team with 10 AE members in it. It would discourage people from joining. Why should you if you can't win anyway? It would also get pretty boring if you already know the results.

Again no hate to AE. some of my favorite forumites are AE
AE are inactive anyway but is it really so bad for us to be able to play together with a pool of 9 other friends instead of some arbitrary amount of people from other teams? We have fun playing together, that's why we're in a clan together. We spend (spent) a lot of time helping each other get better and improving our teamwork, it would be a bit jokes if we're not allowed to make use of that because other teams aren't willing to do the same. Politeness would force us to not continually play 4 AE+1 in that situation too which I'd assume, and wouldn't want to have to prove with internal team tryouts and ****, would mean we'd be putting out weaker teams than we can, which is never really good for any tournament.

Also just a thought maybe going into things with the mindset that you can't win is the reason you can't win. There's nothing magic about any team that makes them unbeatable.

good luck with tourney, maybe some/enough of our little beez will be interested idk

[M] said:
Blead said:
Because (and for this I use AE as a example, not because I feel any dislike for their members, but when I think of Pro clan I think of AE) when AE would join this tournament and make a team with 10 AE members in it. It would discourage people from joining. Why should you if you can't win anyway? It would also get pretty boring if you already know the results.

AE are inactive anyway but is it really so bad for us to be able to play together with a pool of 9 other friends instead of some arbitrary amount of people from other teams? We have fun playing together, that's why we're in a clan together. We spend (spent) a lot of time helping each other get better and improving our teamwork, it would be a bit jokes if we're not allowed to make use of that because other teams aren't willing to do the same. Politeness would force us to not continually play 4 AE+1 in that situation too which I'd assume, and wouldn't want to have to prove with internal team tryouts and ****, would mean we'd be putting out weaker teams than we can, which is never really good for any tournament.

Also just a thought maybe going into things with the mindset that you can't win is the reason you can't win. There's nothing magic about any team that makes them unbeatable.

good luck with tourney, maybe some/enough of our little beez will be interested idk

AE is inactive u r all just clanless xaxaxaxaxaxa fak the system

ReneKB said:
So, I have a decision. The maximum will be 5!

That seems a bit inefficient. A team can still field a force entirely of people in the same clan, making the rule completely useless. I am personally in favour of now limitations, we might have to start kicking people from the clan so that they can play, I've never liked Leoven anyway.

[M] said:
Blead said:

I have all fate that AE will not use a tournament as a excuse for easy wins to make a team so that can steamroll other teams who are not familiar with eachother and thus have trouble communicating. I'm not accusing them of any sort of winhungry behaviour. I just think it's a lot more fun to have team play with eachother who otherwise wouldn't get the oppertunity to do so. This is a very good chance to see highly skilled players together. and most clans do have a few or more highly skilled players, but (and I take AE again as a example) it's much more fun to see how Triari, Roux, Azan, Hives en Dennor would do when put together then it is with M, Azan, Razer, Roux, Deacon and Shema. Because we already know that you guys can work well together and that you guys compliment eachothers skills.

I'm only using Ae so I can name some names to go with the example. nothing else I could just as easily used IG. My point being: I think the teams would be much more fun and exciting if the teams would consist out of more then 1 or 2 clans.

5 per team is good, no objections to that. Even if they're 5 of the same clan they wouldn't be as unfair as not letting the other 5's play. Maybe half of the team being in 1 clan does infleunce the position of leadership and overal tactics, but that shouldn't really matter since it's mostly based on player skill.

But it defeats the purpose of having a limit, if you can still field a fighting force made up entirely of the same clan, you're only restricting their reserves with a 5 man limit. It's always nice to have a team to try and beat, just as it's always nice to have a clan to try and beat when they clanstack in IG BG. American tournaments operate with teams about the same size (BiT is a minimum of 6v6) and they have teams made up entirely of 1 clan and some mixed teams, Americans generally don't have an issue with that.

Agreed with what BlackTide said.

There are teams that go into an American tournament and know they'll lose, simply because there are those 'pro' teams (somewhat similar to what you have in EUland), but they still get the experience and still enjoy themselves.

Second point-

What the hell does a limit do to stifle 'win hungry' teams anyway? Blead, you mentioned IG and AE as two 'pro' teams that you're not accusing to be 'win-hungry'. What if 5 pro IG players and 5 pro AE players make a team? How does that make them any easier to beat?

edit:

I see, you just want to see different people working together. That's fair enough.

I don't understand the limit thing. It's a video game tournament. Sure I'm up for fairness and whatever, but if I wanna play in a video game tournament, I probably want to have fun. Same reason I join a clan, because I have fun with those people. Why should I be forced to play with people I don't know and don't like.

Limiting clan-members = Limiting fun.

Mr.X said:
I don't understand the limit thing. It's a video game tournament. Sure I'm up for fairness and whatever, but if I wanna play in a video game tournament, I probably want to have fun. Same reason I join a clan, because I have fun with those people. Why should I be forced to play with people I don't know and don't like.

Limiting clan-members = Limiting fun.

+1

Is not 14/04/2013 for deadline little early? Nations Cup 2013 just completed the first half of. Maybe postpone for a week at least?

I vote for limiting clan-members, it balances tournament more.

Teamname: Wolves and fwends
Teamtag: WV/_of_Trinity
Banner (optional): Black-yellow banner

Captain: Trebron
Co-Captain: gorN
Roster (Min. 5 / Max. 10):
WV_Trebron
WV_gorN
WV_Okocha
WV_Rct_Krzyżak
WV_R3y
Gannicus_of_Trinity
Teblar_of_Trinity
I read the rules and I understand them: yes

Shoxi said:
Is not 14/04/2013 for deadline little early? Nations Cup 2013 just completed the first half of. Maybe postpone for a week at least?

I vote for limiting clan-members, it balances tournament more.

How? By ensuring that people haven't played together before so that they don't play as well together?
By making it harder for people to be competitive because they don't know their teams playstyles? By making it less fun for people like me, who don't play constantly and don't have time or energy to meet new people, so they'll be stuck with people they don't know, and not understand what they're saying because the other person has a weird ****ing accent that you're not used to yet?

What is a clan? Cause from my understanding it's a group of players who play together and they have signs in their names to indicate that, so they feel like a group/community. So they feel more united. The do things together. So I see no reason for events in warband to discourage that. Half the point of clans is to do things like tournaments and matches together. I think it's really stupid to limit the amount of clan members on a team.

And its also impossible to be enforced. I'll play under an alias. I'll "leave" the clan by taking off the tags.

In short, limiting clan members on a team is a pointless waste of energy. And all it accomplishes is discouraging the idea of people making friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom