4th Regiment of Foot (The King's Own) ~ Regiment ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Draco Wrath

Hullo Gents! Err I mean welcome to the King's Own! Join the Glorious troops of the King!​

5th-foot.jpg

We are a Light Infantry Regiment who fight for the Glory Of King George II, led by our Glorious Captain Wellington! More information on Ranks comin' soon!

History
#
1680 - The museum covers the history of the King's Own Royal Regiment (4th Regiment of Foot) from its raising in 1680 through to the present day. Displays cover the Napoleonic, Crimean and Abyssinian Campaigns of the 19th Century, and the Boer War, Great War and Second ...
From King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

#
Jun 3, 1744 - A few days afterwards, James, in consequence of the talent for command which he bad already displayed, was promoted to a lieutenancy, and on the 3rd of June, 1744, he received a captain's commission in the Fourth or King's Regiment of Foot.

#
Apr 4, 1756 - Colonel Morris's Regiment of Foot.— James Arthur was surgeon in Colonel Morris's Regiment of Foot. He was the son of a farmer near Bathgate. On April 4, 1756, he married privately Janet, daughter of John Gourlay, malt- man, in Stirling. She afterwards ...He was the son of a farmer near Bathgate. On April 4, 1756, he married privately Janet, daughter of John Gourlay, malt- man, in Stirling. She afterwards raised an action to be recognised as his legal wife. It is preserved in the Additional MSS. (36174) at the British Museum. The regiment was apparently the 89th Regiment (1759-1765), commanded by Col. Staats Morris, the stepfather of the 4th Duke of Gordon.

#
Apr 21, 1758 - Orders were issued on April 21, 1758, re-designating the 2nd Battalion 4th Foot as the 62nd Regiment of Foot.

#
Apr 17, 1775 - Boston, April 17, 1775, Through British Eyes. We continue with the examination of the diary entries of two British officers stationed in Boston just before the Battles of Lexington and Concord, Lt. Frederick Mackenzie, Adjutant of the 23rd Regiment of ...Boston, April 17, 1775, Through British Eyes. We continue with the examination of the diary entries of two British officers stationed in Boston just before the Battles of Lexington and Concord, Lt. Frederick Mackenzie, Adjutant of the 23rd Regiment of Foot, or Royal Welch Fusileers, and Lt. John Barker, of the light infantry company of the 4th Regiment of Foot, or the King's Own Regiment.

#
1778 - Murray purchased a majorship in 1778, serving with the 4th Regiment of Foot in the West Indies and was involved in the Battle of St Lucia. 4 He became lieutenant-colonel of the 94th Regiment of Foot in 1780 6 and on the regiment's disbandmend after three years was set ...
From Sir James Pulteney, 7th Baronet

#
Aug 31, 1782 - A letter, dated the 31st of August, 1782, conveyed to the regiment His Majesty's pleasure that it should assume the title of the Thirty-fourth, or Cumberland Regiment of Foot, and that a connection and mutual attachment between the corps and that county should ...A letter, dated the 31st of August, 1782, conveyed to the regiment His Majesty's pleasure that it should assume the title of the Thirty-fourth, or Cumberland Regiment of Foot, and that a connection and mutual attachment between the corps and that county should be cultivated, in order to promote the success of the recruiting service.

~ Roster ~​
Captain Wellington
1st Lieutenant Ghost
2nd Lieutenant Professor Green
Sergeant Major Xavier
Corporal Sharpe
Private Greasegun
Private AwesomeDude
Private Ian
Private Gamedude

Teamspeak​
Ip: 32nd.darkstarvent.com
Port: 10028
2nd Coldstream Guards Room​

~ Notice ~​
We are excepting members of all breeds and sizes, we are a Mount And Musket Regiment and expect maturity and discipline (Most of the Time :wink:)​

Of course, come on our Teamspeak,

IP: 32nd.darkstarvent.com
Port: 10028

LOL, but thank-you for your input and it will be noted, by the way, i didn't make the clan, just the thread. Wellington can't do it himself for some odd reason.

Sinistar said:
If this stays up for a bit, I'll help with the basic idea for British Infantry Command Structures and Tactics.
Ciao Sinistar, glad to see you again on my topics :grin: :grin:
Were you offering me help for voice commands for troops (pushing a button order will correspond to a "voice order" like song of Tailesin?)
I' d love that, and I am full of orders sounds voices, french and english....in case you can do that.
....or was it  just a speech between you guys?
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Sinistar said:
If this stays up for a bit, I'll help with the basic idea for British Infantry Command Structures and Tactics.
Were you offering me help for voice commands for troops (pushing a button order will correspond to a "voice order" like song of Tailesin?)
I' d love that, and I am full of orders sounds voices, french and english....in case you can do that.
Gab
No, I haven't ever offered voice commands. My specialty is Military Realism, Tactical Realism, and Strategical Command, basically.

Sinistar said:
GABRILDURO said:
Sinistar said:
Gab
No, I haven't ever offered voice commands. My specialty is Military Realism, Tactical Realism, and Strategical Command, basically.
Ooh, sorry, I missunderstood, then. Too nice to be true....I ' d really like to add those vocal orders.
Gab

Back
Top Bottom