SP Antiquity Dark Ages 485AD Darkness Rising

Users who are viewing this thread

Hofiko said:
My point is that, the latin equite was primarily used for social and economic class, I believe. However, as equites were the main recruits to form the early Roman cavalry, equite became a word describing a horsemen. So, you might be right Roach, as we are talking about very late Roman Empire, not Republic.

Actually, it's extremely generic. It just means "horseman".

:wink:

d1685216a783.jpg

I love your pics Mohair.
Kaampper said:
Do you know what the Dutch were called in the dark ages?
Nothing, 'cause there were no Dutch. In the region now known as the Netherlands you'd find a whole bunch of different tribes, though.

FrisianDude said:
I love your pics Mohair.
Kaampper said:
Nothing, 'cause there were no Dutch. In the region now known as the Netherlands you'd find a whole bunch of different tribes, though.

oke thank you, i think one of the first tribes of dutch were the Friese people...

Kaampper said:
FrisianDude said:
I love your pics Mohair.
Kaampper said:

oke thank you, i think one of the first tribes of dutch were the Friese people...

Basicly yes, but then, Frisia went all the way from Holland to Denmark.

Vicccard said:
Kaampper said:
FrisianDude said:
I love your pics Mohair.
Kaampper said:

Basicly yes, but then, Frisia went all the way from Holland to Denmark.

but the remains stayed in holland :grin:

A beta release would be possible. A few settlements still use a winter scene although they shouldn't and minor stuff like that. I feel sorry about my lack of motivation to get things done more faster. I also received the package from Kuauik with quite a lot of very nice things for the romans but haven't worked it in yet.
I hope to get back in the mood soon and do these things. Once that is done it's definetly ready for a beta release. It could be a final one actually but missing all those extra things planned. I may just release it that way just to get the pressure off of me and if I'm back into modding 24/7 work on a further release.

Hard to say what's the best way for you and/or for the mod in conjunction with real life issue. I promise that this is gonna be released one day in whatever state. Depends a bit how things in real life turn out in the near future.

Glad to see all those postings lately btw. Seems to be a good thing to be not around too often.  :razz: :wink:

Ritter Dummbatz said:
A beta release would be possible. A few settlements still use a winter scene although they shouldn't and minor stuff like that. I feel sorry about my lack of motivation to get things done more faster. I also received the package from Kuauik with quite a lot of very nice things for the romans but haven't worked it in yet.
I hope to get back in the mood soon and do these things. Once that is done it's definetly ready for a beta release. It could be a final one actually but missing all those extra things planned. I may just release it that way just to get the pressure off of me and if I'm back into modding 24/7 work on a further release.

Hard to say what's the best way for you and/or for the mod in conjunction with real life issue. I promise that this is gonna be released one day in whatever state. Depends a bit how things in real life turn out in the near future.

Glad to see all those postings lately btw. Seems to be a good thing to be not around too often.  :razz: :wink:

Personal life becomes before a mod mate so i understand if ur not modding.

Good luck on both of them.

looks really good so far, love the late Roman to early dark ages period in history, good luck with the personal life stuff and the mod itself, cant wait for beta  :smile:

matmohair1 said:

Are you sure it is accurate? This image shows german cavalryman from battle of Chalons, which is a little eariler than 485, AFAIK... And this helmet is from the 3rd century, so much, much earlier than 485 A.D. Not  sure how fast was the weaponry changing, though. :razz:

Lol, the foot of that guy in the last picture. Great pictures again, Matmohair! :grin:

Hofiko said:
matmohair1 said:
Are you sure it is accurate? This image shows german cavalryman from battle of Chalons, which is a little eariler than 485, AFAIK... And this helmet is from the 3rd century, so much, much earlier than 485 A.D. Not  sure how fast was the weaponry changing, though. :razz:
Very interesting way of armouring a horse too. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but it looks cool enough for me to want it to be.

Back
Top Bottom