SP Antiquity Dark Ages 457 AD: Last Years of the Western Roman Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice, these things are very juicy:
  1. - TONS OF NEW QUESTS!
  2. - HIDDEN LOCATIONS!
  3. - EVENTS TRIGGERED BY RENOWN, TIME AND MORE,
  4. - TONS OF FRESHLY MODELED ASSETS BASED ON ARCHEOLOGICAL FINDS AND SCHOLARLY RESEARCHES!
  5. - NEW TEXTURES, NEW SHADERS, NEW UI.
I just want you to know that (paraphrasing Earendil) "on the new forum you do not need to reserve posts anymore; he (or another moderator) can simply create a new one if you need it". The source: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/varena-neogk.447294/post-9753683.

- L'Aigle developer, Jackson, for some flora texture and models, which in turn will be used in the NEXT update! L'Aigle is a Napoleonic Era mod that I'm sure most of you know already as it's one of the most famous mods for Warband! You can download it here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/laigle
You do know that you need explicit permissions to use assets of mods which are not listed in the LSP/OSP thread regarding their assets, don't you? You cannot simply use the flora texture and models of Jackson for your mod excapt he has given permissions to you to do so.

Also you need to create a full list of credits for assets and scripts which you used from LSPs or OSPs!

Last edited:
You do know that you need explicit permissions to use assets of mods which are not listed in the LSP/OSP thread regarding their assets, don't you? You cannot simply use the flora texture and models of Jackson for your mod excapt he has given permissions to you to do so.

Also you need to create a full list of credits for assets and scripts which you used from LSPs or OSPs!
Sorry but, why wouldn't I have his permission to use his assets? Also, the credit list of assets used and contributors of the mod is exactly there: that one 'special thanks to', I thought it was very clear and evidenced. I listed in detail every single contributor and made a nice shotout to each one of their projects unlike many other people do, as they often just briefly mention the owner of the asset in a very generic message that looks more like a negligible footnote at the end of their thesis. So what's wrong with it?

Here, a screenshot of the conversation between me and Jackson, several months ago:
z1te5eM.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry but, why wouldn't I have his permission to use his assets?
Jackson is not really known to give permission for his assets as other long-time modders can confirm. Hence my critical question for his assets in my quote.
Also, the credit list of assets used and contributors of the mod is exactly there: that one 'special thanks to', I thought it was very clear and evidenced.
Your credit list is quite short, especially for a total overhaul mod. You basically credit some for helmets and tunicas to summarise them roughly. So I assume that all the other assets are either from Native or have been made by yourself. Is that correct?

Jackson is not really known to give permission for his assets as other long-time modders can confirm. Hence my critical question for his assets in my quote.

Your credit list is quite short, especially for a total overhaul mod. You basically credit some for helmets and tunicas to summarise them roughly. So I assume that all the other assets are either from Native or have been made by yourself. Is that correct?
I'll consult Oliver with this and see if I forgot someone in there. There might still be some Brytenwada stuff although I'm not sure but Oliver and Fabio model and texture most of the stuff in the mod which is, by the way, entirely OSP

Made most of the assets in the mod, wlod has to upload the OSP's used from the old thread linked here. These credits/osps are accurate to the most recent version.

I would rather merge this thread here to the old thread as it is usually done when modders start creating new threads. I can let the OP of the old thread be reassigned to @Wlodowiec if @cartonofjuice agrees to that. Meanwhile I can simply transfer the new OP to the old thread's OP but I think it would be wise to first transfer your old OSP credit list then.

I would rather merge this thread here to the old thread as it is usually done when modders start creating new threads. I can let the OP of the old thread be reassigned to @Wlodowiec if @cartonofjuice agrees to that. Meanwhile I can simply transfer the new OP to the old thread's OP but I think it would be wise to first transfer your old OSP credit list then.
I don't know how this merge thing would work. Would I have to redo the post from scratch?

No, I will do everything, no worries. This thread here will only get integrated at the old thread and your OP taken over to the old OP. I only need the confirmation of cartonofjuice that he is fine with that the OP gets reassigned to you, so that you can make future changes there by yourself.

No, I will do everything, no worries. This thread here will only get integrated at the old thread and your OP taken over to the old OP. I only need the confirmation of cartonofjuice that he is fine with that the OP gets reassigned to you, so that you can make future changes there by yourself.
Alright, I'm fine with it then!

fine by me, merged can happen. The old thread is quite outdated anyways, in everything but the osp section

I can attest that the most recent version of this mod (June 2021 I think) is a nicely realized mod. There are a good number of factions but not so many that my mediocre PC bogs down or stutters. The scene-work is quite nice and creates a "dark ages" sort of atmosphere (my apologies to historians and others who no longer use the phrase "dark ages" to describe this time period. I suppose this is the early middle-ages period since it's around the fall of Rome). Anyway, the troops and troop trees seem to be fairly representative of the cultures that I am familiar with and are equipped with some nice-looking period arms and armor. The mod has many great features such as Freelancer, formations, the new morale script and other essential things for game-play. The battle scenes look great and run with only slightly fewer frames per second on my PC than regular Warband. The campaign map is nicely done and looks like everything is about where it should be. The only issue might be that movement speed across the map might be too fast. I haven't run into any bugs yet and haven't seen any real deficiencies so far. I expect that the designers have done a nice job putting this mod together. For those of you who wish to stay with Warband a while longer I strongly recommend this mod to you.

I can attest that the most recent version of this mod (June 2021 I think) is a nicely realized mod. There are a good number of factions but not so many that my mediocre PC bogs down or stutters. The scene-work is quite nice and creates a "dark ages" sort of atmosphere (my apologies to historians and others who no longer use the phrase "dark ages" to describe this time period. I suppose this is the early middle-ages period since it's around the fall of Rome). Anyway, the troops and troop trees seem to be fairly representative of the cultures that I am familiar with and are equipped with some nice-looking period arms and armor. The mod has many great features such as Freelancer, formations, the new morale script and other essential things for game-play. The battle scenes look great and run with only slightly fewer frames per second on my PC than regular Warband. The campaign map is nicely done and looks like everything is about where it should be. The only issue might be that movement speed across the map might be too fast. I haven't run into any bugs yet and haven't seen any real deficiencies so far. I expect that the designers have done a nice job putting this mod together. For those of you who wish to stay with Warband a while longer I strongly recommend this mod to you.
Thanks Redleg! The next version will be even better. I agree on the speed, we should slower it. It's a good suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom