44th East Essex Regiment of Foot[EU] [Recruting]

Users who are viewing this thread

cols.flag.jpg
44th East Essex Regiment of Foot
One of Wellington's Finest

History
On March 20th 1810, the 44th under the command of Lt Colonel Charles Bulkeley, embarked for the peninsular. After an initial stay in Cadiz the regiment eventually landed in Portugal on October 4th. Towards the end of December the 44th joined up with the main British army inside the lines of Torres Vedras.

Despite being present at Fuentes De Onoro and the siege of Ciudad Rodrigo it was not until April 6th 1812 as part of Leith’s division that the 2nd Battalion of the 44th took part in their major action - the storming of Badajoz.

The Battalion then moved to quarters in Ostend until April 1815, when they where posted to the 95th British Infantry Brigade under the command of Sir Dennis Pack.  The 2nd Battalion suffered 165 casualties during the Waterloo Campaign and was particularly hard pressed at Quatre Bras, where on June 16th Ensign Christie, despite receiving serious injuries, distinguished himself by saving the regimental Colour. After the battle of June 18th, the 44th marched to Paris, not returning to England until January 1816.
hist4.jpg

Roster
44th_EE_Col_Raiden
44th_EE_LtCol_Tim_UK_
44th_EE _Maj_Azzak
44th_EE_Cpt_Dragon
44th_EE_LCpl_Nal
44th_EE_Pte_Gillsfan91
44th_EE_Pvt_Josh
44th_EE_Rct_Queen_Raisa
44th_EE_Rct_Salzke
musk.gif

Ranks
Senior Officers:
Colonel [Col]
Lieutenant Colonel [LtCol]
Major [Maj]

Junior Officers:
Captain [Capt]
Lieutenant [Lt]
2nd Lieutenant [2Lt]
Ensign [Ens]

Non Commissioned Officers: (NCOs)
Regimental Sergeant Major  [RSM]
Sergeant Major [SgtM]
Colour Sergeant [CSgtl]
Sergeant [Sgt]
Corporal [Cpl]

Enlisted
Lance Corporal [LCpl]
Private [Pte]
Cadet [Cdt]
Recruit [Rct]
col2.jpg
Recruitment is Open
Homepage/Recruitment

Ah good old buddies from good old times :razz:

Some of these guys are the best at what they do and are also great guys.

Disciplined, organized, great shooting, meele and commanding skills.

As an old friend and fellow soldier i recomend this regiment to anyone who is interested.

Good luck and have fun :wink:

Megaberna

Megaberna said:
Ah good old buddies from good old times :razz:

Some of these guys are the best at what they do and are also great guys.

Disciplined, organized, great shooting, meele and commanding skills.

As an old friend and fellow soldier i recomend this regiment to anyone who is interested.

Good luck and have fun :wink:

Megaberna

Mega, my old buddy :smile: Kind Words flow from your mouth...

Thank u for does., and may i return the favor, by saying, if it should come to that point, i Would stand shoulder by shoulder with u again, anytime, anywhere... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom