SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

Users who are viewing this thread

Bascavia10 said:
:shock: Who i am shocked. I looked to your first page and only saw 1 marine armour, 1 marine blaster etc. I hope you gonna make more versions, otherwise this mod is gonna be bad... but futher it looks very nice  :wink:

Lucky im also a fan of variety... ill update the first page to reflect these additions to the completed models:

• as well as the standard 20 Round mag, Bolters now have the sickle,barrel/drum and Box magazines
  • All Armour in the game will have no less than 2 different looks to it, ill try for more anyway
  • a few other things i was thinking about untill i got to work today :???:
the way i see it... the mod wouldnt be bad if i didnt have as much variety as i plan to add... it just wouldnt be as kick arse :razz:
read the other pages to find out what else i have for the mod... ill most likely add them to the front page too...

Kastor your mod  seems pritty cool

I may be able to do a bit of modeling for ya if you want, im not that skilled at modeling but i have managed to make a few good swords,axes and guns in the past on wings 3d and i could also do scene props if yer needing any. Im also currently studying software development so i could try giving phython a gander but i imagine it would take more time than i have inbetween work/college ect.

get back to me if theres anything i can do (aww no thumbs up emote  :evil:)

I see just two problems with the Unit Trees... First off, for Necrons, the Scarab (small robotic beetle like thing) should LEAD TO the Tomb Spider (huge big beatle thing). Not the otherway around.

Second, on the Chaos tree, I think it would be better if Heretics & Cultists were switched.

That way the first unit, the fodder, would be a simple heretic. Cultists, as their higher rank and cooler name suggests, would be more intune with the occult and able to eventually upgrade to a Demon or something.

...But that is just my opinion.

-Dvd

@ HemoGoblin: Thanks, your help with scene props would be muchly appreciated.
      i guess ill have to make a list for that huh? :wink:

my computer is very much OOA right now so i cant model or anything at all, in fact, the day before it exploded wings 3D stopped working. im getting it fixed and ill reinstall wings asap.

@Dvd: about the tomb spiders: i represented them wrong in the Troop tree... spiders Create scarab swarms... arg ill work on it... :sad:

yeah, ill also switch the cultists/heretics around.. good suggestion...

just need to wait for my computer to be fixed... :cry:

Kastor said:
@ HemoGoblin: Thanks, your help with scene props would be muchly appreciated.
      i guess ill have to make a list for that huh? :wink:

my computer is very much OOA right now so i cant model or anything at all, in fact, the day before it exploded wings 3D stopped working. im getting it fixed and ill reinstall wings asap.

@Dvd: about the tomb spiders: i represented them wrong in the Troop tree... spiders Create scarab swarms... arg ill work on it... :sad:

yeah, ill also switch the cultists/heretics around.. good suggestion...

just need to wait for my computer to be fixed... :cry:
In that case... Hmm... Would it be possible to include them just as seperate types of troops? You've got your standard Necron Warrior line, but then you have two other troop lines. One is just a Necron Scarab, the other is a Necron Tomb Spider. Those troop lines would go through like this:

Necron Scarab
V
Experienced Necron Scarab
V
Ect.

Also, Pariah's and Flayed Ones should be different. Afterall, they are very different units. A Pariah is basically the Necron's attempt at the perfect balance of flesh and machine, the ultimate being, the perfect soldier. Flayed Ones are basically Necrons who are covering themselves in the hides of their enemy to scare and destablize their forces.

One sec, there might be better places to stick em...

EDIT: Alrighty...

Necron Warrior -> Immortal -> Pariah

Necron Warrior -> Destroyer -> Heavy Destroyer

Necron Warrior -> Flayed One -> Feared Flayed One

That way all troops stem from the Necron Warrior. Makes more sense, in my opinion.

-Dvd

(:) Dvd (:) said:

more than 2 upgrade options are not possable

Highlander said:

more than 2 upgrade options are not possable
Oh... That complicates matters. Wait...

Immortal -> Destroyer -> Heavy Destroyer

Will that work?

-Dvd

morgoth2005 said:
Heavy Destroyer-->Lord Destroyer, woo DoW foreva
More like...

Necron Warrior -> Necron Immortal -> Necron Pariah -> Necron Lord -> Necron Lord Destroyer

...Meanwhile. Necron Warrior -> Flayed One -> Feared Flayed One, and Necron Immortal -> Necron Destroyer -> Necron Heavy Destroyer.

-Dvd

how are you going to join the necron race unless you start as a pariah, and starting as a pariah would be kinda cheap since pariahs are like the uber leet necron unit

Nethoras said:
how are you going to join the necron race unless you start as a pariah, and starting as a pariah would be kinda cheap since pariahs are like the uber leet necron unit
Easy... You don't "join them", you start as them. Ala "The Last Days".

-Dvd

I'm looking forward to this one, as I am a fan of warhammer 40k. Just out of curiousity, how are you gonna make the deamon princes? As far as I know, they're pretty powerful. And it would look a bit silly to have a greater daemon prince being as short as an imperial guardsman. :wink:

Nethoras said:
Easy... You don't "join them", you start as them. Ala "The Last Days".

-Dvd

Yeah he says you start as an imperial gaurdsman...

Oh and could I join ur mod... Mines not really coming along all that good without any help and maybye getting a reputation might be useful to it, plus This mod sounds wicked assed. I'm pretty good at modeling, I can churn out a decent quality model in about half an hour, especially since your going for low poly, I can do textures I have some sort of limited talent with the gimp, and I can do minor sccripting (troops.py, items.py, etc), And to top it all of I'm a massive warhammer geek, warhammer fluffs one of ma specialties.
Any way if ur intersted tell me and I'll do something. :grin:

In response to some of the stuff I read, I think it'd almost be cool (in my own spshul way) if jump packs kept on flying and like hit somone, it'd be even cooler if the body stayed on and rammed into guys... sorry for that randomness; Also If you like variety I don't mind making variants of stuff, I started doing this for my age of strife mod...

EDIT: Are the Astartes going to be to scale (bigger), The mod would benefit frrom this greatly, and if you think its unpossible wouldn't it be simple enough to vertex rig things specifically ex: If an arm is way above where it normally is just select an envelope and then select the verts in the arm, Sorry if this is  not understandable, I couldnt figure out a way to convey the mesage more clearly...  :sad:  :???:

Start as an Imperial Guardsman? Oh... Maybe they are like Black Khergits, ala, Supreme Ass-Kickers and unplayable.

-Dvd

*gasps* Black khergit ar ****, unless you're a peasantish footmen, In that case you get what you deserve. And you can actually play as crons It says that somewhere

EDIT: why is the legion excomunicate, do they beleive in god or a god as opposed to the emperor, or are they just naughty?
I have a chapter at home who beleives in god as opposed to the emperor so they're excommunicate

I take it youve played Fire warrior for PS2, despite what some may think, that ****-heap of a game was so innacurate when it came to the 40k universe. it really didnt capture the gothic nature of the 40k universe. there were also let-downs such as the red-lazered-auto-firing lasgun which as far as i could remember made a *PIAOW* *PIAOW* sound whenever it fired... the description of the lasgun states that the lasgun projects a long, thin beam of light and makes a sharp 'Crack' or 'snap' sound. they are set to a semi-automatic ROF with varying levels of power (high, med and low)... and yes i have been collecting 40k for about 10 years now :roll:
and to be precise, boltgun rounds are designed to explode literally 1 split second after impact they will just do "extra" damage :grin:
sorry for double bost and what not, but las carbines (see catachans) do actually shoot out a rather wide beam of light, most of this is waste as las carbines are rather crude. whereas, lasguns shoot out a beam about 1 cm thick (not including light emissions) that burns a rather wide area and usually does not actually destroy very much flesh, from what I know it basically fries an area about a 1 decimeters (in all directions) that can easily fatal if it hits the right spot, if not it just hurts. kinda of topic lascannons, the big cousins of lasguns do acttually destroy almost everything they touch, so if you get hit in your forearm most of it is ashhes on the ground. Bolters have A large variety of shells, the standard patterns thaat I know of are the explosive you were talking about (for tough things like orks), armour peircing, (for armoured things), and subsonic (meant for standard humanoid and weaker targets, allows for more ammo capacity and almost always goes right through an unarmoured target making sure no ammos wasted in shooting cannon fodder twice over). And of course the deathwatch/ ordo xenos carry I beleive its 4 or 5 patterns availible for Its troops, The deathwatch rules are on the first page of games workshop w40k page (U.S.)

If anyone can disprove this; my bad, but this is what I've been able to scrounge out of my collection of fluff

morgoth2005 said:
Is Kastor actually online? Or what happened to him?
yeah I know I asked if I could join like a few days ago, and I'm getting really anxious

EDIT: sorry for this noobishness but what does "FTW" mean; F*** the world?

Never fear... kastor is back from...er...holiday...

im at work at the moment so ill reply to all your posts either on my break or once i get home...

Back
Top Bottom