3v3 Groupfighting Tournament (€99 Prize)

Users who are viewing this thread

well i guess that's all we're getting, shame there's such limited interest for groupfighting. the bracket will be up later tonight.

Do not be let down by players' interest and turnout. You are not the only one experiencing low attendance at various community events and servers. I also started my own server and set out on a journey of making weekly events, but interest for them seems to be an all-time low. Embarking on organizing tournaments might be met with low attendance and here is why.

It all can be mostly attributed to different factors, like the lifted lockdown or other games' releases, to name a few. Warband witnessed a spike in activity of its players in March of 2020, after some country-wide lockdowns had been imposed in addition to other precautionary measures. Game enjoyed its peak before the release of Bannerlord, which would later take many of Warband players. Since the hype for Bannerlord was huge, the community just moved to playing it and Warband's player count decreased. Since lockdowns are over, people just spend their time outside. If there will be second wave of pandemics, then some lockdowns might be enforced again that can bring people back to Warband and staying at home.

Do not be let down by players' interest and turnout. You are not the only one experiencing low attendance at various community events and servers. I also started my own server and set out on a journey of making weekly events, but interest for them seems to be an all-time low. Embarking on organizing tournaments might be met with low attendance and here is why.

It all can be mostly attributed to different factors, like the lifted lockdown or other games' releases, to name a few. Warband witnessed a spike in activity of its players in March of 2020, after some country-wide lockdowns had been imposed in addition to other precautionary measures. Game enjoyed its peak before the release of Bannerlord, which would later take many of Warband players. Since the hype for Bannerlord was huge, the community just moved to playing it and Warband's player count decreased. Since lockdowns are over, people just spend their time outside. If there will be second wave of pandemics, then some lockdowns might be enforced again that can bring people back to Warband and staying at home.
Uhm, what? The competive player count before bannerlord came out and now is hardly different.
But very nice poetic speech!
The main reason why people don't sign up for this is because many don't like groupfighting and it's the main holiday time.

Last edited:
Uhm, what? The competive player count before bannerlord came out and now is hardly different.
The main reason why people don't sign up for this is because many don't like groupfighting and it's the main holiday time.

No poetry involved, just my thoughts. I am not really into competitive, so I do not really know about the scene of professional players. I just mentioned some basic reasons of lack of interest in this tournament. I bet that even more players would register if it was not a pandemics time, because all of people's plans and schedule were disrupted by it.

It's probably temporarily increased because of WRL, but in general the competitive player count has decreased dramatically over the past 3 years. According to steam charts, the warband player base in general has halved, from 11k daily to less than 5k, although most of them are SP, a lot of them are from MP; most MP modules are pretty much dead. So yes, it might be 'hardly' different, but just before BL's release the competitive community was at an all-time low with its rather heavy decline from Battle of Bucharest onwards.

If this 3v3 was made 3+ years ago at the same time, it'd have like 30 - 50 teams like in the total annihlation tournament or other 3v3 tournaments. This tournament has gathered under half that at a time where old clans are playing for the WRL (and would probably vanish again after the tournament).

It wouldn't surprise me nor would I blame gibby for not actually continuing with the tournament because of the lack of signups.

Last edited:
It's probably temporarily increased because of WRL, but in general the competitive player count has decreased dramatically over the past 3 years. According to steam charts, the warband player base in general has halved, from 11k daily to less than 5k, although most of them are SP, a lot of them are from MP; most MP modules are pretty much dead. So yes, it might be 'hardly' different, but just before BL's release the competitive community was at an all-time low with its rather heavy decline from Battle of Bucharest onwards.

If this 3v3 was made 3+ years ago at the same time, it'd have like 30 - 50 teams like in the total annihlation tournament or other 3v3 tournaments. This tournament has gathered under half that at a time where old clans are playing for the WRL (and would probably vanish again after the tournament).

It wouldn't surprise me nor would I blame gibby for not actually continuing with the tournament because of the lack of signups.
Ye thank you but I wasn't speaking about 3+ years ago everyone knows that the activity dropped drastically from then. I was nearly talking about the competitive activity shortly before Bannerlord got released and now.

Is this acc gonna even happen as Gibby seems to be ignoring me when I keep asking when the tournament is acc gonna start and fixtures??

3v3 has always been a niche in an already niched game, duel tournaments and groupfighting has had dwindling numbers that can't compare to battle. Would've signed up in a jan error team but I would've also given the tournament like 10% interest ?

tragedia 20-3 HFT

C8ShzmE.jpg
iqGH4Md.jpg

BGMEDIA 20 - 0 LMBS
We also had a troll, AoRE_Zino, he kept joining the server and killing each team. AE Deacon had to perm ban him so he will be able to show proof of the ban.
FB13FEF950C2B2D26CF5A3CD250BF49315C9825E
AA71B1B47083EEF9DB2AEBE2A109EC62B0F56A59

Hey team with the dog emoji consisting of dogpach and dogneil could not play this week, so we came up with a solution, which was to play tmw. This is double trouble make it quadruple.

Back
Top Bottom