3D assets - building progression mod - newbie questions

Users who are viewing this thread

DrPhil251

Recruit
Hello everyone.
I have some question about 3D/texture stuff in bannerlord. I never made any mods so, well, that will be my first try, I'm 3D artist so I know only half of the job, so if you can help me I will be very glad.

Questions:
How much tris are max for weapons, armors, mounts, buildings?
Anyone knows about LOD here, I never worked with the game ready models before?
What about textures - is this game is ready to use 4k textures, is it using separated bump,normals,AO, specular maps?
If I create something, how to put it in game for eg I created some weapons sets, some castles - how to put them in the game (i was looking for that but I didnt saw any topic)?

What I want to do with all of that info:
I want to create progressive building mod, which means - you can start your settlement and you can upgrade it from camp to village, from village to castle, from castle to city - sth like that.

All the help will be appreciated.

Solution
The best guide to sizes are TW’s assets. Use this explorer https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/tool-tpactool-an-unofficial-asset-explorer.420848/ to check them out. Unfortunately, until TW release their modding tools, we can’t import our assets into the game.
The only advice on pbr textures is:
The preferred way to create materials is using metallic workflow. Standard shader for it named "pbr_metallic" in game. It uses Lambertian Diffuse and GGX Specular.
The texture maps for that Albedo(RGB/A), NormalMap, Metallic(R)+Gloss(G)+AmbientOcclusion(B), also there is optional tiling DetailNormalmap, and Heightmap for POM/Tesselation.
There is special shaders and BRDFs for different material types, for example:
For floras...
The best guide to sizes are TW’s assets. Use this explorer https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/tool-tpactool-an-unofficial-asset-explorer.420848/ to check them out. Unfortunately, until TW release their modding tools, we can’t import our assets into the game.
The only advice on pbr textures is:
The preferred way to create materials is using metallic workflow. Standard shader for it named "pbr_metallic" in game. It uses Lambertian Diffuse and GGX Specular.
The texture maps for that Albedo(RGB/A), NormalMap, Metallic(R)+Gloss(G)+AmbientOcclusion(B), also there is optional tiling DetailNormalmap, and Heightmap for POM/Tesselation.
There is special shaders and BRDFs for different material types, for example:
For floras we support transclucency and subsurface scattering driven by transclucency map packed into A channel of metal/gloss/ao texture.
For hair we are using Kaija-Kay two-lobed specular.
For skin we are using Kelemen/Szirmay-Kalos specular with SpecularIntensity(R)/Gloss(G)/AO(B) map and with a screen space subsurface scattering method correctly applying to only diffuse lighting.
For horses, we are using anisotropic GGX with two lobes driven with a flow map.

Current version is created with Houdini, before that we used World Machine, before that world map was not using terrain. The engine uses a vista albedo texture, heightmap, splat maps for detail layers, and detail layer materials consisting of albedo/normal/materialparams/heightmaps for worldmap.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for reply, so I will wait til some more tools will be available. It's good that from assets side it looks pretty simple :smile: About coding I will worry later

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom