Native OSP Scenes 33 new Calrade castles & fortresses (updated)

Users who are viewing this thread

stephan_dinavoa

Sergeant at Arms
Hey Calrades, I am happy to share with you another pack of scenes

This pack contains 30 new decorative castle-fortresses, and 3 variations of castle-fortresses from the pack 1.

"Decorative" because more focus was put on aesthetic and realism than game-play practicality.

Unlike pack 1, this pack has most castle-fortresses built on castle_scenes in stead of random_scenes.

The many edited native props used for the making of these scenes are shared with this pack. The non-native props are not included.

No non-native stone_wall texture is included in this pack either.

Here is the download link: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5913/?

And below you can find some illustrated previews

XAv0eV7.jpg
sWcQk8n.jpg
U3Ik8gz.jpg
Wj61sxb.jpg
2mxqqtj.jpg
eLnvTvl.jpg
ND2eFK1.jpg
OxFocfv.jpg
1agGvlg.jpg
8pL6Mpi.jpg
rQboXSd.jpg
WyYvrEq.jpg
EvV2mT8.gif
JEc2YOF.jpg
0Dlq24N.jpg
9bhvEbc.jpg

Excellent work, nice art-like screenshots of the castles. This is something PW and many other mods striving for grand castles would want.

I have been hearing of PW (I assume it is persistent world), but I never tested this mod. I am curious, as it must be good.. could you please provide me with a link?

I am glad you find the art-like work nice, as I am particularly fond of editing screenshots in this wise.

stephan_dinavoa said:
I have been hearing of PW (I assume it is persistent world), but I never tested this mod. I am curious, as it must be good.. could you please provide me with a link?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,184.0.html

A little update:

•Few scenes AI meshed, and more to come  (Kerk fortress, Adajan castle, Kes Meleda, Durinion)
•One scene corrected  (Ostrow)
•One scene moved to a castle_scene for practicality  (Durinion)

Screenshots of the slightly rebuilt scene:

ipv42d.jpg
25884d5.jpg
2romgqu.jpg
2j3npn5.jpg
2ljjl7b.jpg
15g2mxl.jpg

stephan_dinavoa said:
A little update:

•Few scenes AI meshed, and more to come  (Kerk fortress, Adajan castle, Kes Meleda, Durinion)
•One scene corrected  (Ostrow)
•One scene moved to a castle_scene for practicality  (Durinion)

Screenshots of the slightly rebuilt scene:

ipv42d.jpg
25884d5.jpg
2romgqu.jpg
2j3npn5.jpg
2ljjl7b.jpg
15g2mxl.jpg
Awesome! Will you list which ones are AI meshed somewhere?
Wait... can the player explore the whole castle?  :shock:

Hi Michadr

The AI Meshed scenes are Kerk fortress, Adajan castle, Kes Meleda, Durinion.

I should make that more obvious..

Of course, the player can explore the whole keep with its six floors. All the scenes from the packs which have interiors have an access to these interiors. Otherwise it wouldn't be as interesting...

stephan_dinavoa said:
Hi Michadr

The AI Meshed scenes are Kerk fortress, Adajan castle, Kes Meleda, Durinion.

I should make that more obvious..

Of course, the player can explore the whole keep with its six floors. All the scenes from the packs which have interiors have an access to these interiors. Otherwise it wouldn't be as interesting...
Thanks for the response stephan. Yes it would be great if you noted somewhere which are AI meshed (maybe the download?)
Looking forward to trying these out!

Using a variety of effects in PaintNet

You may also want to know about a website that I recently discovered, http://www.befunky.com/create/ which has interesting effects, so that you can edit your images online..  I wasn't using this for the images posted here, but I will for future ones as the effects are of fine quality. I invite you to check it out.

Hope that enables you to make exciting imagery -- don't hesitate to share

In an attempt to understand what timelapses are, I look at examples of timelapses on the internet, and I am not sure at all that I see what you propose.. But I thank you for proposing, that's nice. May I ask you to show me?

Until then, I shall guess: Perhaps it is what you do to your videos, which is astonishing by the way.
Either you go through the hard task of scening without ever moving the camera, whilst taking screenshots now and then, and at the end accelerating the whole thing, and making a "timelapse video," either you do it backwards - which I suppose is how you would hope to do it to these scenes - deleting props one by one until there is nothing, and then playing the images backwards, so as to make it look as though you are making the whole thing from start, in accelerated shots.. Am I correct in my assumption?
In any case, it looks amazing.

As of now, I can only tell you to do it if it is fun for you to do it, and if that would please you. If it would be for me, I'd probably think that it is time-consuming, and maybe not worth it for these scenes. But maybe it would be more worthwile for scenes from pack III which are more correct, of which I can send you previews and you'd tell me what you are interested in doing then. I can only be curious to see the results. Again thank you for your proposal.

stephan_dinavoa said:
In an attempt to understand what timelapses are, I look at examples of timelapses on the internet, and I am not sure at all that I see what you propose.. But I thank you for proposing, that's nice. May I ask you to show me?
Yeah I you want you can right click on this exemple. It can be the same for some of your creations. Besides, it's better for viewers :smile:

stephan_dinavoa said:
But maybe it would be more worthwile for scenes from pack III which are more correct, of which I can send you previews and you'd tell me what you are interested in doing then. I can only be curious to see the results. Again thank you for your proposal.

Sure, I'm waiting your next pack. Why not on Bannerlord  :razz: :arrow:

PS : I'm just interesting in your painting effect, can you explain me how to do the same ?

Bye_
Alpha

Outstanding videos. I watch and I am feeling as though Calrade Gods are buildings these places with their massive power; this is how it looks to me - fast, neat, and with the powerful music.. it's mighty. Good work.

If you wanna do it, go ahead, rock the house, make the grounds tremble, and blow my mind with impressive results.

Al send you previews via PM within shortly, so that you may have a bigger choice from which to choose a scene to which you would do the timelapse.

As for the effects, I can only speak of those in PaintNet. It is a free application. If you have downloaded it, then download the effects pack, all from the main website. Once done, in PaintNet the effects will be in the tabs "Adjustements" and "Effects."

Those that I have personnaly most often used (usually combined) are the few artistic effects, the several photo effects, the blur effects, and of course adjustements such as hue/saturation, contrast/brightness.
{tip: for a 5 seconds cartonization of an image, press CTRL + SHIFT + P in order to posterize, then adjust contrast/brightness with CTRL + SHIFT + C, finally adjust saturation with CTRL + SHIFT + U}

At the end, the best is to test all effects, in all ways, then test all effects with all other effects, sometimes combining many different effects, memorizing the different results, so that with course of time you'll be able to come up with just what you want by knowing which effects will do well other effects..

Photoshop has simiral effects, if you are more familiar with this software.

Or, you can use the online image editor, which is very simple, practical, and of fine quality.. http://www.befunky.com/create/

Hope that helps. If not, hesitate not to ask further. I shall elaborate

Some shots of assaults & sieges

v7v04y.jpg
2dj6nie.jpg
11mdztd.jpg
2i20p3d.jpg
2dkzvcw.jpg
2zr3hbt.jpg
s5cmk5.jpg
sndo3t.jpg
s1uhxs.jpg
iyomtg.jpg