30 is a little over the hill, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Why is pc 30 when game starts? The world is full of noble's sons/daughters that are in their 20's and have 5 times the skills I have when starting out. It makes one feel a sense of urgency to progress skills quickly so that by the time they are 33 they are at least better than looters! Can we please get the starting age 21-24 or so? I mean somewhere in the prime of youth a bit? Either that or make leveling athletics easier so that it is not a 30 hour grind to get to 100+. PC is 37 by the time he gets to 125 athletics. Shouldn't athletics start to go in the opposite direction at about that age?!

Well it would make more sense considering what a scrub the pc is when you start. Maybe he should start at 16 or 18 lol.

What did you do for ten years pc!

(Oh wait I know, he was waiting for this game to come out.)

Why is pc 30 when game starts? The world is full of noble's sons/daughters that are in their 20's and have 5 times the skills I have when starting out. It makes one feel a sense of urgency to progress skills quickly so that by the time they are 33 they are at least better than looters! Can we please get the starting age 21-24 or so? I mean somewhere in the prime of youth a bit? Either that or make leveling athletics easier so that it is not a 30 hour grind to get to 100+. PC is 37 by the time he gets to 125 athletics. Shouldn't athletics start to go in the opposite direction at about that age?!
Ok, you just pissed off one third of the players here. M&B has always attracted a more mature crowd, and if you don't think I am angry for thinking that a guy like me can't one day amass armies and become dictator of the world... well, just saying don't mess with my fantasy life.

But yeah, I noticed even most Warband mods had no pity on the starting char. Why would you need renown to join an army? Sure, they will hire cotton shirted recruits, but not you. Start at 16, join an army, take your risks and save money til you can afford your own caravan to start making enough money to start building a personal army.

But yeah, age is an odd thing here. You start off slow and stupid, while in real life you are fast and stupid. I suggested in a Warband mod that you lose Str and Agi once you get past 40 (F you bud! I can still outrun you). And once you hit 70 you lose Intelligence. Charisma can stay, cuz who can hate a senile, frail old timer? It would be amusing to see your 'perks' go down. Plus it might inspire you to retire and use one of your kids as a successor a little earlier. I mean, why retire when you're 95 and have full strength and athletics

Ok, you just pissed off one third of the players here. M&B has always attracted a more mature crowd, and if you don't think I am angry for thinking that a guy like me can't one day amass armies and become dictator of the world... well, just saying don't mess with my fantasy life.
This thread feels like a personal attack. :evil:

?

If the goal is to create a multi generational dynastic strategy game, why not keep the age but give us stats slightly below that of the average lord at start. Lets our first character get in the action faster to start said dynasty

Me: Sees at Bannerlord an npc's age that can relate to and makes me feel not old anymore

Community: Why the npc is so old....

Me: Something dies inside....

Game just need a slider for age selection. Older you chose - more attributes and focus points you get. I believe it is relatively easy to implement

Game just need a slider for age selection. Older you chose - more attributes and focus points you get. I believe it is relatively easy to implement
That would be excellent. I'd be more than willing to trade having a character around my real age for not having to stress myself that the game will be over before I get their skills up to a reasonable level.

I can see why you would make the starting char around 30 considering that the core customers have been aging together with the first M&B title, but one shouldn't overdo it, especially when a year is only 80 days long (must be a weird solar system Calradia's planet is in).
I mean, will they release M&B III: Midlife Battle and M&B IV: Nursery Home Rampage when their customers grow older? (Not that it wouldn't fit their development speed.)

But yeah, I noticed even most Warband mods had no pity on the starting char. Why would you need renown to join an army? Sure, they will hire cotton shirted recruits, but not you. Start at 16, join an army, take your risks and save money til you can afford your own caravan to start making enough money to start building a personal army.

But yeah, age is an odd thing here. You start off slow and stupid, while in real life you are fast and stupid. I suggested in a Warband mod that you lose Str and Agi once you get past 40 (F you bud! I can still outrun you). And once you hit 70 you lose Intelligence. Charisma can stay, cuz who can hate a senile, frail old timer? It would be amusing to see your 'perks' go down. Plus it might inspire you to retire and use one of your kids as a successor a little earlier. I mean, why retire when you're 95 and have full strength and athletics
I like the dynamic attributes idea. If age had an impact on physical attributes (not sure I agree with it impacting mental attributes since that depends much more on what you do in life than on your biological cycle) there would be an incentive to have children and move on besides death, which is not an incentive, but rather an imposition. By the way, being able to pass the baton to the chosen heir even before death could be an nice option IMO. In that case the main character would just become like any other "NPC" family member.

While we're at it and while I have no idea if the game engine allows for such a thing, being able to switch back and forth between family (maybe even clan) members would be a really fun feature. I could then set up my 4 parties and switch over to those led by spouse or children. The main character's party would behave just like any other party during such a switch, except maybe with reduced interaction options, since it isn't the "clan leader" speaking.

so many cries while there's detailed character creation mod on nexus.
it allows even npc editing.
No need to be a **** man, this is a forum where people like to discuss things about the game. What I get from your post is we should just rely on mods for everything and the game devs might as well just kick up their feet and be done with the game. :lol:

Just like me they've had to abruptly abandoned their livelihood and found their skills they honed for last 15 years are no longer wanted in this disgusting junkyard of a world. I don't know what to do but I'm not dead yet so you looters better run!

Taking in account choices we have during character generation, our avatar is complete worthless looser. At 30 he have no skills to talk about in any area. Realistically speaking, he need to be 18, to justify such low starting point.

I like how the player character is 30 but (s)he's an unremarkable idiot with no skills, no job, no friends, no gf, the fitness of a seal, no land and no money. It's like taleworlds is trying to say something about its playerbase.

(Hey, at least I don't have the fitness of a seal)

Back
Top Bottom