30+ casualty defeat a 900+ army. How does moral affect in battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

So recently I noticed that when in battle, enemy charge to attack me, I use the normal battle tatic,
archers in loose formation, shoot them down, HA circle back and shoot them, Horsemen charge attack in the flank,
classic textbook battle tatics

So I did about 2-3 waves enemy attack, kill about 100+ enemy, then....... the enemy RUN away!!!!???? like literally run to the edge of map and run like rabbits

I come closer to attack them, and they do fight back, but if I don't chase them, they will just run away??

So here's the result, I have minimized 30+ casualty , and defeat 900+ army
I wonder if the archers , HA cause enemy moral impact, so they run out of moral so they choose to run away????

I find these really amusing when it happens. It should happen more, tbh. The noble should retreat with their troops instead of fighting to the last man, teleporting from my dungeon and spawning troops magically. In that situation a captured noble should stay in dungeon for a long time.

I find these really amusing when it happens. It should happen more, tbh. The noble should retreat with their troops instead of fighting to the last man, teleporting from my dungeon and spawning troops magically. In that situation a captured noble should stay in dungeon for a long time.
lol , prison break in this game is so easy, why do I even build a dungeon if someone can just walk out free so often, so quick, so easy???

the execution lord system is basically useless, since the penalty for relationship is so high, executing one noble would cause like 20-40 other noble to drop 10-60 points in relationship.

lol , prison break in this game is so easy, why do I even build a dungeon if someone can just walk out free so often, so quick, so easy???

the execution lord system is basically useless, since the penalty for relationship is so high, executing one noble would cause like 20-40 other noble to drop 10-60 points in relationship.
True, though usually locking them up for a few days is just enough to achieve some goal like conquering fiefs etc. And once you take the fiefs, clans will start leaving that kingdom.

Agreed with the execution System. Cool but unusable due to high penalty.
Though sometimes, when, for the third time almost in a row, I prevent the same lord from raiding a village, I really feel like I would execute what I call a parasite ?

Do you have full battle sizes?

This sounds like a retreat behaviour rather than fleeing. A retreating force will fight back if attacked, and their cavalry will screen the retreat.

I find sometimes if I chase down a retreating force, I can make them switch to fleeing. But reinforcements appearing continue the retreat behaviour rather than the fleeing behaviour - so I'll think I'm mopping up, then all of a sudden the newly spawned enemy are fighting back and I'll get a cluster of casualties.

Also, sometimes there is a mixture of fleeing and retreating units. Cavalry might be retreating and infantry fleeing.

The lesson in both cases is to not get over confident and allow your troops to chase fleeing troops down without order. Instead, take your archers and horse archers, and park them along the path from spawn point to retreat point - without blocking the path. Let them retreat/flee through your fire.

Also... sometimes if all the enemy lords are killed, a whole army will drop and run - this can be annoying because you'll be looking at 200 enemies fleeing and wont be able to issue orders.

Do you have full battle sizes?

This sounds like a retreat behaviour rather than fleeing. A retreating force will fight back if attacked, and their cavalry will screen the retreat.

I find sometimes if I chase down a retreating force, I can make them switch to fleeing. But reinforcements appearing continue the retreat behaviour rather than the fleeing behaviour - so I'll think I'm mopping up, then all of a sudden the newly spawned enemy are fighting back and I'll get a cluster of casualties.

Also, sometimes there is a mixture of fleeing and retreating units. Cavalry might be retreating and infantry fleeing.

The lesson in both cases is to not get over confident and allow your troops to chase fleeing troops down without order. Instead, take your archers and horse archers, and park them along the path from spawn point to retreat point - without blocking the path. Let them retreat/flee through your fire.

Also... sometimes if all the enemy lords are killed, a whole army will drop and run - this can be annoying because you'll be looking at 200 enemies fleeing and wont be able to issue orders.

So I have tested several times, here's what I found,
If they are in the "retreat mode", don't chase it, simple leave them alone, go drink your coffee
wait all the troops run out of map, if you attack them during they "retreating", they will fight back while still moving to "retreating"
all new spawn troops also automatically retreating, but I do found calvary will fight back harder if you get too closer

either way, if they retreating, you WIN !!!!!! with minimum loss, hahahahah
I can't believe I win battle with 30+ loss and beat 900+ army!!!!
greatest win battle in military history!!!

Yes, a retreating army is a defeated army! Less prisoners - which you cant pick up anyway, less loot ofc but you can fight antother few grand battles before your army has to go home and resupply.

So I did about 2-3 waves enemy attack, kill about 100+ enemy, then....... the enemy RUN away!!!!???? like literally run to the edge of map and run like rabbits
Yeah, I've seen this many times too..
Once it was a 3000 vs 3000 battle and I did the same tactic as you and they ran away after losing 200 men cause me to win the whole battle... Kind of disappointed, was looking forward to a loooong battle
I come closer to attack them, and they do fight back
Also charged my troops in a few battles after i notice them running away... Obviously my horsemen got to them first and got killed by their spearmen and crossbows so now I just let them run away instead

Back
Top Bottom