3.0 Patch Plans! Important Question! page 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

List of the thing being done this weekend and that have been done for the next patch. more to come

#Update 1

Batavi Horseman: Good heavy horseen, ready for anything.

Batavi Cavalry: Only few units can hold these off.... Probably, the best heavy cavalry in the game, not counting elephants*

Illyrian Mercenaries: You can not wish for any better light infantry.

Iberian Mercenaries: These men, will not easily retreat, strong, and fast they will fight on till the last man, you cna not wish for any better medium/heavy infantry.

Cretan Archers: You can not wish for any better archers, They match The range of the German Chosen Archers, and the accuracy of the Gauls, and they shoot with the power of siege engines.

Thracian Mercenaries: Armed with the falx, these fearsome warriors will kill anything in thier path, almost nothing will match thier strenght, beside the german heavy troops. Best used against armies with no missle troops, for these men care little for thier own wellbeing and for that they wear no armour, but they run fast!

#Update 2
list of new bandits(these will be done this weekend)

Illyrian Pirates: Strong spear and axemen traveling along the Illyrian cost
German Raiders: Small and medium sized parties traveling along the gallic border.
Gallic Raiders: big parties, in the north of Italy
Iberian Marauders: Small bands, but strong, roaming troughout the Iberian Pennisula.
Cilician Pirates: Big Parties stationed at the Balearic Islands
Pictic Raiders: Roaming England for men to kill, big parties to be feared.
More to come*

#Update 3
2 of the female companions will get dialoge and some love :razz:

#Update 4
All Gallic scenes made by wulfilia were added and tested and all seem very nice

#Update 5
add the custom battle troops.

#Update 6
New troops!
Rome#
Nothing for the next patch

Gaul#
Spearman to be added.

Brittons#
Some heavy cavalry, and some heavy infantry

#Thrace
Nothing for the Next Patch

#Macedonia
New heavy infantry
Tesselian Cavalry, and some missle cavalry.
heavy Peltasts

#Greeks
we planned on adding spartans and Atenians, and Corithians, this is only if we can retexture our corthian helmet model. so this is a maybe.
heavy Peltasts

#Carthage
Iberian troops

#Scythians
A separate Sarmatian tree.

#Germans
Clubmen

#Iberian
Nothing for the next Patch

Very excited about these updates, especially the bandits.  Do you have an idea of the dates?  I look forward to playing.  Thank You for your work and cheers.

sorry for all my double posting :razz:

But I have a question for al of you, how would you guys like it, if we would split scythia in to 2 factions for the next patch, wich would then become a full version again, and maybe even include 2 other new factions, like pontus and Parthia, because egypt will take some time. :razz:

we could dress parthia up with heavy horses, or some half cataprac like, in heavy armour, and some infnatry and archers in persian style.

and for pontus a bit of the rome total war feeling, so eastern units combined with hoplites, this is all up to you, just post if we get lets sqy 15-30 yes/no we will decide. so please post!

The patch will then be delayed till about end of november.

Ofcourse all that we posted will then also be included, and meybe more.
also bug fixed can be done. and so on!

Dion/Folcwar said:
sorry for all my double posting :razz:

But I have a question for al of you, how would you guys like it, if we would split scythia in to 2 factions for the next patch, wich would then become a full version again, and maybe even include 2 other new factions, like pontus and Parthia, because egypt will take some time. :razz:

we could dress parthia up with heavy horses, or some half cataprac like, in heavy armour, and some infnatry and archers in persian style.

and for pontus a bit of the rome total war feeling, so eastern units combined with hoplites, this is all up to you, just post if we get lets sqy 15-30 yes/no we will decide. so please post!

The patch will then be delayed till about end of november.

Ofcourse all that we posted will then also be included, and meybe more.
also bug fixed can be done. and so on!
Yes.

yes

and the only bad thing is pontus and Parthia are very far from the actions but still a yes

SOrry for my double posting yet again, but this weekend I ran out of time... some friends took me to the city to celebrate my brithday, so today I will be finishing the bandits and new faction troops!

#edit
Bandits are done, will be testing them later today, also added 2 new ones, Cilician Pirates, and pictic raiders.

will be starting on the faction troops later today, time for a break for them 6 parties took me 40 minutes of boring looking trough files :razz:

#edit 2
tomorow, I will start splitting scythia into, sarmatians and scythians, to give more varity, scythians will be the the Superior horse archers, while sarmatians will also field these, they will be more focussed on melee cavalry and foot archers.

also, later this week I will start on a small Religion system, it will work like this, when you start a new game, you will choose one of the avalible Religions, Germanic,Gallic,Roman,Greek etc.
These will give certain bonusses, by example Germanic gods, will give you a higher strenght, power strike and ironflesh. while greek, will give Intelingence, and healing skills, this can not be changed later on, and is more like a start bonus.

Dion/Folcwar said:
also, later this week I will start on a small Religion system, it will work like this, when you start a new game, you will choose one of the avalible Religions, Germanic,Gallic,Roman,Greek etc.
These will give certain bonusses, by example Germanic gods, will give you a higher strenght, power strike and ironflesh. while greek, will give Intelingence, and healing skills, this can not be changed later on, and is more like a start bonus.

Hey this sounds really cool!

Update, list of the new units# (names for those intrested

Brittons:
Brittanic Noble Warrior
Brittanic Noble Horseman

German:
Germanic Clubman
Germanic Veteran Clubman
Germanic Choosen Clubman

Gaul:
Gallic Spearman
Gallic Veteran Spearman
Gallic Choosen Spearman

Carthage
Iberian Footman
Iberian Veteran Footman
Iberian Elite Footman
Iberian Horseman

Greece:
Heavy Peltast

Macedonia:
Heavy Peltast
Paeonian cavalry
Thessalian cavalry
Foot Companions
Hypaspists
As you notice scythia did not recieve any new troops, for we will split scythia up in to 2 factions.
Sarmatia and scythia. wich will be worked on soon!

Note that this are the new troops for the next update. they are done and ingame and working fine.
Scythia is being splitted as we speak, the only thing that will most likley take some time, is re deviding settlements, for we are not sure about it yet, most likley alot of names will be made up, to balance the factions. I hope no one is against this and that is just fine with everyone.

Dion, I suggest we add most of the banners in from MnG, well, the very few we don't already have. Seeing as we're gonna get a server up and restart multiplayer, it'd be nice if the players had even more banners to chose from.

MaccaUK said:
Dion, I suggest we add most of the banners in from MnG, well, the very few we don't already have. Seeing as we're gonna get a server up and restart multiplayer, it'd be nice if the players had even more banners to choose from.
Fixed. :3

Back
Top Bottom