Native Completed 2v2 NA Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

peers said:
Mr. X you may have been misled by vacation bible school, but we're still in brah.

Pretty sure you've been knocked out. Thanks for playing signing up though!

Madnes5 said:
Just saying that me and holgard still have to fight dreaded paxnile in losing bracket. you sent a pm asking if we were gonna play and i said yes, besides i havent had a pm for a challenge :razz:

and we have been the longest waiting team in losing bracket we were first at tht level

Pretty sure you took too long on the last match so I kicked you out. You can always ask one out the other tournament admins...

if u want to look back in the posts u can see we faced maf and green wayy early on in this tourney one of the first teams that far ahead in advance and weve been waiting for ppl to catch up. deadline was th 30th last time i checked

Mr.X said:
We haven't done anything wrong. We "fought" this match against John within a week of being matched with him, and those results would put us at the same position in the bracket as other teams that haven't been dropped.

There's no good reason for you to drop us.

Madnes5 said:
Just saying that me and holgard still have to fight dreaded paxnile in losing bracket. you sent a pm asking if we were gonna play and i said yes, besides i havent had a pm for a challenge :razz:

and we have been the longest waiting team in losing bracket we were first at tht level

Your match had been up since the 14th with no update. It's over.

African said:
Mr.X said:
We haven't done anything wrong. We "fought" this match against John within a week of being matched with him, and those results would put us at the same position in the bracket as other teams that haven't been dropped.

There's no good reason for you to drop us.

You've been late before, and you only manage to get this one in a few hours after I drop you. Sorry, but that's not good enough.

Mr.X said:
We didn't have anyone to fight until the 20th, and it was a bit too late by then to schedule it for that weekend.

Mr.X said:
You've been late before, and you only manage to get this one in a few hours after I drop you. Sorry, but that's not good enough.
We've been late on one match so far and that one wasn't our fault. We would have gotten this match in whether you dropped us or not, we planned it earlier in the week and Saturday night is when we play our matches.

African said:
Mr.X said:
We didn't have anyone to fight until the 20th, and it was a bit too late by then to schedule it for that weekend.

Mr.X said:
We've been late on one match so far and that one wasn't our fault. We would have gotten this match in whether you dropped us or not, we planned it earlier in the week and Saturday night is when we play our matches.

The 14th was @Tesla. Yours was up the 19th.

And I really don't give a ****.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

We finished our match in a reasonable amount of time, which happened to be a few hours after you dropped us. Deadlines tend to be ineffective if you don't tell people when they are.

I get that you don't like us, but dropping us from the tournament because of it is ridiculous. You haven't given one good reason for us to be kicked out.

You should probably start giving some ****s, this is your tournament and making decisions like this turns the entire thing into a joke.

African said:
We finished our match in a reasonable amount of time, which happened to be a few hours after you dropped us. Deadlines tend to be ineffective if you don't tell people when they are.

I get that you don't like us, but dropping us from the tournament because of it is ridiculous. You haven't given one good reason for us to be kicked out.

You should probably start giving some ****s, this is your tournament and making decisions like this turns the entire thing into a joke.

I told you, you were late.

The deadlines were pretty obviously broadcast. They have all been missed. I'm deciding it's your fault, and you're no longer in the tournament.

How were we late?

We got our match finished a week after it was assigned. That is the case for every match we've done except for the one against Macros, which wasn't our fault and for which we were (reluctantly, because you're an assbag) given the extension. As far as we had any reason to believe we were on track with everyone else in the bracket.

Tell me exactly where you set any deadline at midday yesterday, or said you would be dropping teams at any position in the bracket. If we were several fights behind it would make more sense, but with the results of the match against John it would put us in the same spot on the bracket as other teams that haven't been dropped. Even in your "dropping teams" post you said you were only dropping teams whose matches haven't been fought in 2-3 weeks, which obviously isn't the case for us.

Mr. X you're dumb. I never called you a bad player as you would like to admit in that message a month ago (sorry I don't give a **** about the forums anymore but I did check up on that last message ust now lol). I said you're ****ty at scheduling, which you are, and which you admit. And then you sidetrack the conversation and try and say I called you bad or something lol i dunno where you got that (I guess you're just self aware).

So now you're trying to kick us out of your tournament (how's the power trip feel? you should be a POM admin), because we couldn't schedule a match against the team who we were supposed to play because they couldn't play us.. ??????????????????????????? I'm sure even a high school kid can see the problem there (I'm gonna guess you're not in the AP classes or anything, but I feel like most kids who grow up and account to nothing in their lives can even see it). All respect to John and his effort and he knows I appreciate his dedication to the game, but X because you're only in high school and probably still can't read, but you might've missed this post:

John7 said:
Buttdicks auto win, all good

Sorry about delays

We all know you're still butthurt because you didn't have the chops to get into bks because we all knew you were a bible humping f.ucktard, but to deny us a chance at your tournament basically makes you a fascist piece of **** who cares nothing of the rules you made up.

Sorry African, he's gonna kick us out for this because he doesn't know how to deal with ****, hopefully this will show all the teams in the tournament what a fuucking joke this is. He's an idiot, a carebear, and I'm sure his high school counselor will tell him to ban us and get on with his ****ty life.

Coddling > Skill/Fun/Playing the game: the X way.

Or he wants beer and relm to get autowin, but I hope not

Seems pretty stupid to kick a team for a few hours pass deadline when the last match was my teams fault for not showing on the first date

And honestly (I dont really have a right to complain about admining but) the teams shouldve been warned and PM'd and auto'd alot earlier, tourney was supposed to finish around 2 weeks ago (again, by no means do I have a right to complain lol)

African said:
How were we late?

We got our match finished a week after it was assigned. That is the case for every match we've done except for the one against Macros, which wasn't our fault and for which we were (reluctantly, because you're an assbag) given the extension. As far as we had any reason to believe we were on track with everyone else in the bracket.

Tell me exactly where you set any deadline at midday yesterday, or said you would be dropping teams at any position in the bracket. If we were several fights behind it would make more sense, but with the results of the match against John it would put us in the same spot on the bracket as other teams that haven't been dropped. Even in your "dropping teams" post you said you were only dropping teams whose matches haven't been fought in 2-3 weeks, which obviously isn't the case for us.

tournament_zpsda2d5368.jpg

That's the deadline. It's been the deadline. And it's been missed.

Mr.X said:
Scheduling Rules:
You have 1 week to fight your match. If you don't, I'll either pick a winner arbitrarily or kick out the team that clearly didn't attempt to schedule/show up, etc.

That's the the rule where I say that I will pick winners arbitrarily if deadlines aren't met.
The reason I choose to take both your team and John's team out of the tournament is because both teams have had scheduling problems before.

If you read from here:
African said:
wtf, why was I given the default loss?

I sent a pm to Ordyn and never heard back from him.
onward, you'll see that first mess.

peers said:
Mr. X you're dumb. I never called you a bad player as you would like to admit in that message a month ago (sorry I don't give a **** about the forums anymore but I did check up on that last message ust now lol). I said you're ****ty at scheduling, which you are, and which you admit. And then you sidetrack the conversation and try and say I called you bad or something lol i dunno where you got that (I guess you're just self aware).

So now you're trying to kick us out of your tournament (how's the power trip feel? you should be a POM admin), because we couldn't schedule a match against the team who we were supposed to play because they couldn't play us.. ??????????????????????????? I'm sure even a high school kid can see the problem there (I'm gonna guess you're not in the AP classes or anything, but I feel like most kids who grow up and account to nothing in their lives can even see it). All respect to John and his effort and he knows I appreciate his dedication to the game, but X because you're only in high school and probably still can't read, but you might've missed this post:

John7 said:
Buttdicks auto win, all good

Sorry about delays

We all know you're still butthurt because you didn't have the chops to get into bks because we all knew you were a bible humping f.ucktard, but to deny us a chance at your tournament basically makes you a fascist piece of **** who cares nothing of the rules you made up.

Sorry African, he's gonna kick us out for this because he doesn't know how to deal with ****, hopefully this will show all the teams in the tournament what a fuucking joke this is. He's an idiot, a carebear, and I'm sure his high school counselor will tell him to ban us and get on with his ****ty life.

Coddling > Skill/Fun/Playing the game: the X way.

The tournament has been a joke since day 1 dude. I'm perfectly aware of that.

In fact, I said that the last time I gave you guys an autoloss, which you fought intensely around page 21:

Mr.X said:
Ordyn said:
I didn't ask that we get an auto win or anything if that's what you're thinking. I actually think giving auto wins is pretty stupid, but that was X's decision. I'm usually pretty good with scheduling for these things, but I've been a bit more busy than usual recently, and if it were up to me I'd reschedule and play the match, but unfortunately it's not.

I agree, it's pretty ******** stupid. But if people want these tournaments to happen in any timely fashion, they can't disappear for days. Tournaments are meant to generate interest and increase the amount of playing.

I'd much rather have this done basically on time and have people mad that I just cut them than force everyone to wait for weeks because someone signed up when they didn't have the time to play. The idea is to have a bunch of tournaments that move quickly rather than have a few tournaments that take forever. People lose interest really fast. Look at essentially every dueling tournament that the NA's ever had.

I think it's pretty ******** stupid how many people signed up for this tournament, and then couldn't be assed to play.

I chose to give Macros the autowin because I think that they'll be better about scheduling than Buttdicks in the upcoming matches. Is that unfair? **** yea. Do I care? Not really. I'm planning on running tournaments a lot differently and a lot more efficiently in the future now that I see how messed up this schedule is.

Ideally, these tournaments should have long amounts of specified times to be played, and that's it. Like, this tournament could take place over 2 weekends in the way I plan on running tournaments in the future. I get a server with a map with multiple areas for fighting to take place, I schedule each match in various places on the map and post it online. I set it up in 30 minute segments. So the first round is over within 30 minutes. Then I schedule the next round and people continue to play. Againt, 30 minutes for this round. We do 4 rounds each day, that's 2 hours of playing maximum. Do 4 rounds on Saturday and 4 rounds on Sunday, thats half the tournament finished with. Do the same thing the next weekend, and then the tournament is over. Then there could be some other tournament taking place the weekend after. Much more opportunities to play, and interest doesn't fall away. It's also a lot easier for something like this to be recorded and streamed. In general it's a more eSports-y look at it, and I think that's a good direction to be heading.

Basically, I'm not changing the bracket, and both teams have been kicked out. Since the tournament is such a joke to you guys, it really shouldn't matter.

peers said:
Sorry African, he's gonna kick us out for this because he doesn't know how to deal with ****, hopefully this will show all the teams in the tournament what a fuucking joke this is.
x said:
The tournament has been a joke since day 1 dude. I'm perfectly aware of that. .... Since the tournament is such a joke to you guys, it really shouldn't matter.

It seems as though the reason they think the tournament is a joke is because you're apparently treating it like one.

but I really don't want any part in this, just pointing out what I think they're saying.

Nobody is calling X's tournament a joke.

The 2v2 idea is one of the best yet, however, peers is right. It is a joke not to allow a team to fight that actually wants to fight, in a tournament riddled with inactivity and a lack of interest, which is too bad. Rhade and I for example didn't mind the autoloss, because we are both busy and honestly just lost the interest to keep going.

They want to fight, let them fight. At this point in the bracket, its down to the few active ppl anyway, so you could even finish all the matches over a weekend.

^

It would really make more sense for The Dreaded Paxenile and The Salty Sea Pirates to just have our match, since both of us are active teams. Not sure why my team got the autowin for that one, since I had been keeping an eye on the bracket to see when SSP would fight BkS. First change I saw after weeks of nothing was my team getting the autowin.

T said:
Nobody is calling X's tournament a joke.

The 2v2 idea is one of the best yet, however, peers is right. It is a joke not to allow a team to fight that actually wants to fight, in a tournament riddled with inactivity and a lack of interest, which is too bad. Rhade and I for example didn't mind the autoloss, because we are both busy and honestly just lost the interest to keep going.

They want to fight, let them fight. At this point in the bracket, its down to the few active ppl anyway, so you could even finish all the matches over a weekend.

I'm sure I could find other teams that have gotten kicked out of the bracket that want to fight. Doesn't really matter since they're no longer in the tournament.

Juvenile said:
^

It would really make more sense for The Dreaded Paxenile and The Salty Sea Pirates to just have our match, since both of us are active teams. Not sure why my team got the autowin for that one, since I had been keeping an eye on the bracket to see when SSP would fight BkS. First change I saw after weeks of nothing was my team getting the autowin.

They were kicked for inactivity.

If you're absolutely adamant about that, that's fine by me. However if we get the match played, I hope you're cool with giving the win to the winner.

Juvenile said:
If you're absolutely adamant about that, that's fine by me. However if we get the match played, I hope you're cool with giving the win to the winner.

Sure. If kicking people out is the only way to get matches played, thats fine.

Wow, African has been posting pretty respectfully & not being a **** and you go and you go act like a **** & tell him to eat ****. If you don't want to do the tournament then just cancel it. You wanted to kick the inactives, great. Your handling of this hasn't been fair or overly transparent though. African posted on the 19th asking for a match-up. Not sure when you gave one but on the 27th you disqualified him for being inactive for 2-3 weeks?

Posting frequent updates in the thread (or even better, the original post where you listed the first round cut-off date and never updated after) would have made this all a non-issue. Directing everyone to the original post and keeping match cut-off dates there in line with the realities of the tournament would have avoided all of this.

You should be glad someone still cares enough to fight for the opportunity to keep playing in this. It was a pretty interesting concept; I got to see one of the matches in action and was intrigued, and I haven't really cared about this game since I played in the Nations cup.

tldr; I don't like seeing my friends getting screwed over like this arbitrarily. You somehow managed to take Marnid's sarcastic wit in his handling of things (he earned a sincere thank you from me for taking the time to run his ladders) and decided that you wanted to actually be serious about not caring. Being stubborn about something like this is just making sure nobody ever trusts you to handle things in the future, much less take the results of this serious.

Back
Top Bottom