2h units are useless unless archers get nerfed

Users who are viewing this thread

And who eats meat 1 time in month. It is lucky if he eats even once in a day.

I guess it is better for you to go and learn physics.
Long range archer kills are a thing... guy... you are talking nonsense

you can diagnose the physics till your blue in the toes, fact is it works... People died from arrows afar, and shields were made to counteract it
FACT

*I even bet, with just terminal velocity an arrow would penetrate a half plate helmet. So wouldn't you agree the drag from a normal arch would still carry more force than just terminal?

Maybe not meat but chickens were very common and thus they probably relied alot on eggs for protein. After all the Romans were really big fans of chickens for their use and ease of care.

Maybe not meat but chickens were very common and thus they probably relied alot on eggs for protein. After all the Romans were really big fans of chickens for their use and ease of care.
But we are speaking about poor poopy pesant in 12-14 century. They certanly want bodybuilders and was quity skinny i guess.

Maximum you do realize that the greeks used archers right? even the 300 Spartans were backed by archers. The auxillary support for them was quite large.

I guess thats why Greeks used shields in their civil wars. They afraid archers. That famous greek archers armies.
Not becouse shield is a very useful tool in melee combat and gives you huuuge advantage.
"Shields were made to counteract it"
were made to(specially made/designed)
designed to stop or reflect the high penetration of arrows
learn stuff guy... it's fun

Fair enough, myth or misconception. That said, proper farmers would have more than what we call "hunting" bows now a day. I do archery as a hobby and at 5'7 140 Lbs can draw a warbow of 150lbs with relative ease. I could do it all day with little rest, and have. Including tournaments that span a week long.

Modern "hunting bows" range from 40-80lbs depending on the fancy equipment one wishes to use. Most "Traditional" archers in my area use 50 lbs bows. Are average fitness level, if that.

Now take a man who plows and works fields all day, chops lumber etc. The daily chores of a farmer, and it's not unrealistic to expect that most "Farmers" could pull at least 75+ lb bows with relative ease.

Much less than a trained Warbowmen, but certainly nothing to laugh at either. They wouldn't be using childrens toys to try to kill people.

Not really know about bow's piercing abilities cause I didn't do bow in reality, but I think 180 pounds archery is very rare cause you don't just calculate the pulling weight, you need to state the arrow weight also.

Usually the tournament they use light arrow so you can pull it all days, but in war time they generally use slight heavy arrow to pierce armor.

Though I don't understand the piercing abilities of bow but a bow is sure a threat if you're without shield and cannot reach them, for once they can put some flammable material and ignite it as fire arrow if you are heavy armor and put poison tips if you are middle to light armor.

You just can't ignore arrows, especially fired by 200-300 peoples. It's cheap, it's fearsome to see the sky blackened by arrow and it can use almost in any situation and make the battle significantly easy if right tactics used. Even heavy Calvary feared them.

Last edited:
Maximum 300 is an iconic image of the greeks hence why its soo handy to use. Also as I have not seen the movie 300, not sure what your referring to. If you want another example....hmm Alexander the great, most greek navel vessels, and list goes on and on. Here is a good read for you guys if interested. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/...psredir=1&article=1008&context=classicsfacpub
I know that. But Greeks almost never used bows. They used shields becouse shields are really really good in melee. Especialy in formation. Not becouse they afraid arrows.

@wideeyenow01 Na what i read from your statement was shields were made to counter it, not that a specific shield design was made to counter it. Thats my bad on interpreting what you wrote.

Maximum 300 is an iconic image of the greeks hence why its soo handy to use. Also as I have not seen the movie 300, not sure what your referring to. If you want another example....hmm Alexander the great, most greek navel vessels, and list goes on and on. Here is a good read for you guys if interested. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/...psredir=1&article=1008&context=classicsfacpub
thank you guy, the part:

"Sphacteria demonstrated the decisiveness of the archers’ advantage over heavy infantry. Yet this seems never to have been followed up until the age of the English longbow."

is priceless... for everything else, there's mastercard

And about "2 handers beat shields" Actualy they dont. I practiced historical combats when was young. And a guy with spear+shield(even when he is noob) is a nightmare to deal with.

@wideeyenow01
Yes, and part of this reason was until the age of English longbow, there were no heavy armored units as would later appear on field of battle. Even the roman soldiers armor was relativly thin in comparison as it was realized larger cheap army was better for large kingdom/empires.

Back
Top Bottom