24hrs into the Game. A few observations and questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercenary88

Sergeant
I've played M&B for a long time now and tried almost every m*o*d out there. So far I am loving W4rband S1ngle Pl4ayer. I'm only about 30 days into the game, I've done a tour of the map, getting to know the new cities and all the amazing village designs. I now have my small party of chosen companions as well as a small party of 8 swadian knights/men at arms. I alwasy start out this way which allows me to hunt around for sea raiders for a bit which are a great source of denars, and it also allows me to move quickly with all mounted units for the sake of questing etc.

I love all the new equipment, lots of great new variety. First odd thing I found was something called a Pelt Coat (and "Thick" Pelt Coat in this case) which has a whopping 54 armor, thats up there with coat of plates and other heavy armor. I thought pelt coats were just fur/leather made atire, which is what it looks like in-game but its the stats that seem off.

About B4andits/outlaw hideouts: So far I've only been to the one from a initial quest in which the very first thing I was faced with at the beginnig of the game was a outlaw in the street attacking me, after which a merchant asks for help regarding his gang. I noticed that the hideout disappear when ye visit it and kill the outlaws. Is this true fro all of them? I came across a sea raider landing around which there are always many of them which is good, I amafafraid that if I invadse it there will be no more sea raiders. If it did get destroyed would another one pop up after some time?

seffy playing everyone :wink:

/\ That part I decide to leave xD
H4ppy playing everybody :grin:

If you attack a bandit camp / sea raider landing it'll disappear whether you're successful or not. You can't permanently get rid of them though, eventually they will spawn another.

Great! Thanks for the info. As fot the 54 armor rags; any clue? Either its a small mistake or the pelt is lined with dragon scales! o.0 W4rband is going fantasy :O!!!

In their defence they follow a general guideline but it's true some things see odd at times.

One more observation, I personaly love all factions and their unique characteristics although I find it a little insulting to the Nords that somehow in W4rband they have no knowledge of masonry and all their cities/castle are constructed of wood :sad:, even if it is a touch of faction specific profiling. Wouldn't hold up great in sieges :'(. Flaming arrow anybody? Flaming tar covered catapult fire? :razz:

The nords are behind the other factions by a solid few hundred years technologically speaking. As well as that, in real life Norsemen werent known for their fortresses and defensive ability, but their relentless attacking & invading.

Incendiary projectiles aren't that much of a problem. After all, it just means the Nords end up sitting behind their walls with a nice, big roaring fire while your sieging army is camped out in the freezing snow wishing they hadn't used all their matches to set fire to those arrows ...

One of my favorite mods...  I hope a WB compatible version is released soon

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,133.0.html

Moving on from pyrotechnics. One of my favourite things about M&B is the music, are there some new scores in W4rband or is it my imagination. I love how in the world map the music is peaceful and tranquil and night and more upbeat during the day, it transitions very nicely too, it’s hardly noticeable. During battle too (this could be all in my head) it seems like the music follows the action, as you approach the enemy it crescendos into exciting fast paced rhythm.

Well in that case I once had a pair of jeans that got "rusty" too. I went to the beachwitht hem on and then tossed thme in a bag still wet...salt water + jeans = rusty jeans... ^.-

Speaking of wrong item stats, there's also this:

guardarmor.jpg

That's very light for armor with protection this high.

Sarranid *are* the light infantry faction.

It's not actually that good though. I'm fairly sure you can get +35 armour for 3.0 weight in the leather or robe range. Also note the sturdy modifier on that piece.

So did you buy it? :smile:

I think that's the sarranid's up side. Light armor for fast movement. You and your companions may be able to get it but It's not like your entire army of nords can toss it on.

Uhm... In my game 68 days passed and i have an army of 70 nords, 2 cities, 4 towns ( am a rebel king ) and have nearly destroyed Swadians... Lol
( 70 Nords vs 320 Swadians in city = I won :grin: )

Back
Top Bottom