SP - General 240h playtime - these are my biggest issues with the game right now 2023-01

Users who are viewing this thread

Minhundlaban

Recruit
I got some playtime in the game now and I feel like I want to share some of my feelings.

I played vanilla through all of the beta phases and recently started playing around with some minor mods like unlimited smithing and improved garrison.

I´ve restarted probably 15-20 times because I never liked the end-game but loved the early game.

1. Companions are auto-assigned to the wrong formations. It´s honestly mindbreaking for me to understand how this could not be a higher priority.
It´s visible every damn fight and yeh, I just don´t understand it. It´s not an issue I´ve had during beta either and I have some memory of there being a time where we could assign them to a group in party-screen or whatever?
Is the current stage the same for everyone or does it work as intended for some?

2. Smithing is way to grindy. Even with unlimited smithing mod I feel it´s just way to grindy. It´s an epic system and the only way that I know of to make enough money late-game but hell it is grindy. And all the clicking.. I´ve clicked thousands of times to smelt, refine and craft the same thing over and over again, why is there no simple "smelt all" or just "make x amount of thamaske steel". It´s just so stupid and the game deservs so much better.

3. Like I said i enjoy the early game the most and I feel like it´s mostly based around the lack of tools in end-game. Either you follow another kingdome as a vassal and just tag along to their decisions and influence some of them or you try to find a rebellion city and snatch it for your own clan only to be met with many many wars and stuff from clans with much better resources (especially if every character is not meant to be a godly smith). I just thinks that it´s missing tools and sure, improved garrision solves some of them but far from all.

4. After winning about 50 tournaments in my currect playthrough, it´s tiring to see the same prizes over and over. Surely there could be some more variaty to them..

There´s probably a lot more but this is just the things I had to get of my chest.

I share these same problems. in addition to the issues you mentioned, there are texture bugs that are very easy to fix and have not been fixed. it has been more than 1 year since there has been a visual bug in the "luxury brigandine" item that uses battania troops. it is an interaction error between armor and gloves. and the "light harness" has no rein animations.

1. Fixed? no? (with 1.1.0 beta, if you are on steam.)
2. yeah. Ive never bothered with smithing. Honestly I think they should add hiring a smith option or something, I mean the smith companions in the game are **** and need to level them manually anyways. I'm ruler with 100223134 Gold and I can't get someone to make me my custom weapon?

3. I agree about early game being most interesting. I dont think improved garrison solves that really. They were supposed to add claimant quests? Has that been forgotten?

4. yeah.

1. Fixed? no? (with 1.1.0 beta, if you are on steam.)
2. yeah. Ive never bothered with smithing. Honestly I think they should add hiring a smith option or something, I mean the smith companions in the game are **** and need to level them manually anyways. I'm ruler with 100223134 Gold and I can't get someone to make me my custom weapon?

3. I agree about early game being most interesting. I dont think improved garrison solves that really. They were supposed to add claimant quests? Has that been forgotten?

4. yeah.
1. Yes, it´s correct that the first one will be fixed when 1.1 is released!
2. Honestly I will not play the game without unlimited smithing until it´s reworked completely, there is no way I´m spending my valuable game-time waiting in a settlement for a stamina-bar to fill up only to click a button 20 times and then re-do the same thing.
It doesn´t make sense that you can´t pay someone to create weapons either, completely agree with that. The smiting in itself and how you can create your weapons is rather good I´d say and being able to order a weapon would be very interesting.
3. Improves garrison doesn´t solve it completely but it makes it playable in my opinion. Being able to send out recruiters and have garrison armies following you is quite helpful to defend your land and even expand. I´m quite a casual gamer so I don´t mind it making it a bit simpler.
Thanks for tagging along to my thoughts.

IEither you follow another kingdome as a vassal and just tag along to their decisions and influence some of them or you try to find a rebellion city and snatch it for your own clan only to be met with many many wars and stuff from clans with much better resources (especially if every character is not meant to be a godly smith). I just thinks that it´s missing tools and sure, improved garrision solves some of them but far from all.
Wait, is joining a faction, sacking in fiefs and then backstabbing them not an option???

I got some playtime in the game now and I feel like I want to share some of my feelings.

I played vanilla through all of the beta phases and recently started playing around with some minor mods like unlimited smithing and improved garrison.

I´ve restarted probably 15-20 times because I never liked the end-game but loved the early game.

1. Companions are auto-assigned to the wrong formations. It´s honestly mindbreaking for me to understand how this could not be a higher priority.
It´s visible every damn fight and yeh, I just don´t understand it. It´s not an issue I´ve had during beta either and I have some memory of there being a time where we could assign them to a group in party-screen or whatever?
Is the current stage the same for everyone or does it work as intended for some?

2. Smithing is way to grindy. Even with unlimited smithing mod I feel it´s just way to grindy. It´s an epic system and the only way that I know of to make enough money late-game but hell it is grindy. And all the clicking.. I´ve clicked thousands of times to smelt, refine and craft the same thing over and over again, why is there no simple "smelt all" or just "make x amount of thamaske steel". It´s just so stupid and the game deservs so much better.

3. Like I said i enjoy the early game the most and I feel like it´s mostly based around the lack of tools in end-game. Either you follow another kingdome as a vassal and just tag along to their decisions and influence some of them or you try to find a rebellion city and snatch it for your own clan only to be met with many many wars and stuff from clans with much better resources (especially if every character is not meant to be a godly smith). I just thinks that it´s missing tools and sure, improved garrision solves some of them but far from all.

4. After winning about 50 tournaments in my currect playthrough, it´s tiring to see the same prizes over and over. Surely there could be some more variaty to them..

There´s probably a lot more but this is just the things I had to get of my chest.
Totally agree . I would like to see more indepth ncp's and traits actually having a bigger impact on the game and the way the npc's act and in dialogue. As for smithing i would rather have the option to pay a blacksmith and pick the parts i would like and wait some game weeks then pay for it and make it expensive. Once you become king (in name only) you are just the same as you where before you became king and there is very little change. This game needs some fun injecting thats not combat related.

Totally agree . I would like to see more indepth ncp's and traits actually having a bigger impact on the game and the way the npc's act and in dialogue. As for smithing i would rather have the option to pay a blacksmith and pick the parts i would like and wait some game weeks then pay for it and make it expensive. Once you become king (in name only) you are just the same as you where before you became king and there is very little change. This game needs some fun injecting thats not combat related.
Agreed! Just the fact that many traits for companions are useless since not every one will be a govenor or party-leader, there should probably be classes or something for companions with relevant traits in their skill-tree.
I do like to option the have a smith make me some good weapons if I don´t want to smith myself but I´m very unsure on how I would come to have a stable enough economy to finance wars, armies, fiefs and cities if I didn´t have smithing in peace-times :grin:

Back
Top Bottom